PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's 75th?

SweenyTodd
07-15-2002, 08:36 AM
Anyone know of any planned celebrations for Mickey's 75th birthday next year?

Techie7
07-15-2002, 09:14 AM
I think they might rededicate the Partners statue and add another plaque (still MIA). In addition they might add a one foot by one and a half foot display in a hidden corner of Mainstreet (that is falling apart) then offer different types of "Mickeys Favorite" cheeses at the restaurants (Hmmm not even touching this one).

I have not heard anything on this but if the past predicts the future we might look forward to the above cheep celebration. I do hope for something big and wonder if anyone might know what they are hopefully planning.

SweenyTodd
07-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Ah yes... Mouseplanet. Come for the information - stay for the negativity!

Techie7
07-15-2002, 11:54 AM
It was a little joke. Anyways I have not heard anything but am hoping they do something big. I just don't know how much they will do with the current budget constraints and the 50th looming. By the way anyone know why the plaque has not been added to the partners statue? Here's hoping that Mickey gets a bigger celebration at Disneyland then Walt did.

Not Afraid
07-15-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by SweenyTodd
Ah yes... Mouseplanet. Come for the information - stay for the negativity!

I wouldn't really blame MousePlanet for that. Techie7 was just relating a humerous account of the unfortunate truth. That's not the fault of MP.