PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion preview ride

Dr. Syn
07-15-2002, 08:32 AM
I was looking at the different packages for the Haunted Mansion event and had a question. What is the difference between the sneak preview ride offered in package k and the "special" sneak preview ride offered in all the other packages. If anyone knows if there is a difference I'd appreciate it if they could tell me if it is worth the upgrade for the special ride. Thanks

Disneyfreak
07-15-2002, 01:59 PM
It is probably worth the upgrade because they probably just walk you through the ride with the sneak preview. With the special sneak preview they show you probably how the ride works. They will take you down to areas that you cant normally see. IE like the ballroom they take you inside and show you the mirrors and stuff like that.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-15-2002, 02:36 PM
Hmm. None of them strike me as being worth what they're charging. Then again, I didn't think the Christmas redress of HM was worth the imagineers' time building it, or worth mine standing in line. Although the by-product improvements to the normal HM were nice. (When did the pop-up ghosts in the attic start declaring, "I Do"?)

mcampisi
07-15-2002, 03:10 PM
Actually, the "I Do's" started popping up at least 2 years ago if I'm not mistaken. It's nice that the scrim is cleaner now.

Did you enjoy Nightmare Before Xmas (the movie?) Dr. Syn? If you didn't or hadn't seen it, I could see the makeover being not as enjoyable or maybe even confusing because you didn't get the whole point of it. Otherwise, I think it was very creative.

SoCalSnowWhite
07-15-2002, 03:23 PM
I had never seen the movie before going on HMH. I thought it was wonderful despite the fact that I didn't know any of the characters. I still haven't seen the movie, but I plan to before going this year.

cstephens
07-15-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
It is probably worth the upgrade because they probably just walk you through the ride with the sneak preview. With the special sneak preview they show you probably how the ride works. They will take you down to areas that you cant normally see. IE like the ballroom they take you inside and show you the mirrors and stuff like that.

Just curious - do you have information that a walk-through is included or are you speculating? I'd want to be absolutely sure I knew what exactly was being offered before I paid the kind of money that it costs for the "special" rides, and I wouldn't assume anything that's not stated.

I'm disappointed with what the website says as it's very unclear what exactly each package includes. The only package that looks remotely interesting to me is the second tier dinner package, but I'm not sure the nice dinner alone (I'm assuming it's what was offered last year) is worth the $200 price. The other perks of that package aren't anything special to me this year as it would have been last year as I've done the ride already (seeing it early last year was definitely cool - I loved the makeover), and I've seen the panel discussion (which I presume will be similar this year). I suppose I have a week to decide whether I even want to try for tickets.