PDA

View Full Version : No lines today! (9/1/2007)

sierranevada
09-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow!! Any guesses what kept the crowds away today - heat or Half Marathon weekend?? All the rides had very short lines - it was the least crowded I have seen the park on a holiday weekend. As we left the park on the mononrail, they announced that the gates would be closing at 11 pm (instead of Midnight) and the monorail entrance at DTD was already closed.

MauiMickey
09-01-2007, 10:16 PM
The lines have been incredibly short all week. We arrived at the DLR Sunday, Aug. 26th and the longest line we faced was 40 minutes for Finding Nemo. Pretty much everything else was walk-on, or at most a 15 minute wait. It was fantastic to have such freedom in the park...especially when it was so HOT!! :cool:

minniemom
09-02-2007, 05:53 AM
I hope it stays this way. We will start our 6 day run next Saturday!!

Rkkm
09-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Dang! We purposely stayed away yesterday, fearing large crowds due to the marathon and the holiday. Will try it out today to see if this trend holds. If not, meet you all in the bar at Brennan's!

BIRDGIRLS
09-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Hope it stays uncrowded and cool(!!!!) tomorrow and Tuesday! (Tomorrow I'm going with family, Tuesday I'm going with a group of friends who aren't APers and don't know the parks like me and my sister do).

disneyhound
09-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Sounds like winter, not summer time crowds, enjoy! :p

DizneyMommy
09-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Hope it stays uncrowded and cool(!!!!) tomorrow and Tuesday! (Tomorrow I'm going with family, Tuesday I'm going with a group of friends who aren't APers and don't know the parks like me and my sister do).

Cool - not quite... it was 102 in Anaheim today, and it might have gotten hotter than that

VickiC
09-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Thermometer at my house read 106 at 3 this afternoon. Friday hit 105. Not sure aobut yesterday, but definitely over 100. I hope it stays cool until the race is over tommorrow.

Gone2Disneyland
09-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Thermometer at my house read 106 at 3 this afternoon. Friday hit 105. Not sure aobut yesterday, but definitely over 100. I hope it stays cool until the race is over tommorrow.

Me too! But Weather.com's forecast for Anaheim tomorrow (http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/wxdetail/USCA0027?from=36hr_topnav_sports&dayNum=1) during the race claims that at 6am it'll be 75° and 82° by 9am!! :eek::crying: Oh, well at least it's not 100°, huh? :p

sierranevada
09-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Me too! But Weather.com's forecast for Anaheim tomorrow (http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/wxdetail/USCA0027?from=36hr_topnav_sports&dayNum=1) during the race claims that at 6am it'll be 75° and 82° by 9am!! :eek::crying: Oh, well at least it's not 100°, huh? :p

Wow!! Guess I am jumping in the pool after the race!!

seanutbutter
09-02-2007, 05:57 PM

I feel lucky, it'll only be about 60 degrees by 9am where I live. :p But I am jealous of the lack of crowds in the park! Surprising, since I usually thought this was a busy time of the year.

VickiC
09-02-2007, 09:10 PM
It is the busy season, but I'm not surprised by the lack of corwds, everywhere I went to day was deserted, the grocery store, etc. I think everyone is holed up waiting out the heat. Remember even in the busy season it's the local crowds that drive DL traffic and this heat is really out of the norm for us. My kids were outside for 15 mintues and they looked like they were about to pass out when they came in.

Another Dimension
09-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Parts of Anaheim were 104 Sunday...
I imagine inside Disneyland was even hotter.
:(

For me it's way too hot to go to the parks, especially when there are dozens and dozens of much cooler days coming up in the near future.
:cool:

cstephens
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
It was relatively uncrowded on Sunday, September 2. I figured it was a combination of the sweltering heat and the marathon-related activities. We ended up going on quite a number of rides, including Pirates in the early afternoon when it was just a 5 minute wait.

BIRDGIRLS
09-03-2007, 03:52 PM
It was DISGUSTINGLY hot today. Short lines though on the rides we went on.

VickiC
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Channel 4 news reported a high of 108 in Fullerton today, I imagine it was about that in Anaheim as well. You couldn't pay me to go to DL at those temps!

Malcon10t
09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
The Escape Artist escaped to Disneyland for today. He called to say there were no lines. He was disappointed with the Indy queue, seems it is missing the bamboo and a couple other items. They arrived at 10am and walked right in, no line. They were really surprised.

Foodie
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Is it just hot? Or is it humid too? I was there last year and it was 100+ degrees plus super humid. Complete misery...It's sort of odd that it's been pretty nice all summer, and then at the start of September, there's a heatwave. No fun at all.

For those of you who live in Southern California, stay cool!
-Foodie :)

MauiMickey
09-03-2007, 08:55 PM
It wasn't particularly humid last week when we were there and the only really unbearable day was Friday when it reached 104F.

We beat the heat quite nicely by going from air-conditioned ride, to air-conditioned ride, to watch Aladdin, to getting soaked on Grizzly River. My Dole Whip Float helped to quench my thirst, too. :D

I'd rather be in the heat of CA instead of in the rain in BC!

JeffG
09-03-2007, 09:23 PM
At least yesterday (Sunday), it was quite humid as well. Not by Florida standards, of course, but definitely much more so that we usually expect in Southern California.

-Jeff

BIRDGIRLS
09-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Yesterday when I got home I checked weather.com to see how hot it actually was.. it said Anaheim was 109, felt like 111. I'm surprised I didn't get sunburnt. Today.. only gonna be 93 thank goodness!!

disneyrox
09-04-2007, 03:29 PM
We were in DL last Wednesday and went to get a Dole Whip and cool off in the Tiki Room, but the Dole Whip machine had broken down from the heat. :rolleyes:

We were in DCA on Sunday and it was very hot and somewhat humid for CA standards.

Both days, the lines were very light, which was nice!