PDA

View Full Version : Monsters Inc Closure

Pages : [1] 2

DizneyMommy
09-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know why Monsters Inc is down in Nov/Dec and what the length of the closure is? I just checked a couple of random days end of Nov/early Dec and it is listed as closed. It's kind of funny too because the listing just says Monsters, not Monsters Inc.

Ok... upon further investigation it appears to be down from the Monday after Thanksgiving all the way thru the 31st of December which makes me think it will be even longer after that. I really hope that's a typo. That is a major bummer if it is right, we go in that park JUST to ride that ride every time we go (thank god it is near the entrance!)

DizneyMommy
09-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Darkbeer? Anyone...? Any ideas why it's down and for how long? Or is it that fresh of an announcement that no one knows yet?

r-we-there-yet
09-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Can't help, but also was wondering. I thought I would let you know you are not the only one wondering.:)

Baloo
09-03-2007, 06:19 PM
HPB is scheduled to start getting some of the new placemaking and additions proposed under the 1.2 billion plan.

Monsters might be down to get some work on it done to make the area fit the new proposed theme which will also be done when Muppets closes and philharmagic starts getting built.

This could be the reason since no one knows the time schedule except that it starts in several areas in October

DizneyMommy
09-04-2007, 06:01 AM
I've read that the first area to be worked on will be Paraside Pier and that Hollywood won't get much attention until next year.

I also heard from a CM on another board that it is not listed on the CM refurb list, so maybe it was a typo afterall. Fingers Crossed!

houseofmouse
09-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Monsters is listed on the Disneyland website as being down through December.
Those DCA redo rumors are just that, rumors. I still feel we should not spread rumors just because a certain someone who shall remain nameless says it might happen to DCA. Maybe it will I don't know, but no one else does either. Monsters most likely is just getting a refurb like the other rides do. This is all in my own opinion and is not to inflame anyone. :)

VEEEEE
09-04-2007, 05:39 PM
HPB is scheduled to start getting some of the new placemaking and additions proposed under the 1.2 billion plan.

Monsters might be down to get some work on it done to make the area fit the new proposed theme which will also be done when Muppets closes and philharmagic starts getting built.

Wait-- what? What's philharmagic? Is Muppets closing for good?

DizneyMommy
09-05-2007, 06:17 AM
I think it's pretty safe to say that the fact that DCA is going to get some needed changes in the near future is no longer just a rumor... though the actual details may be speculation, the fact that some changes will take place is a fact.

Philharmagic is a proposed new show to take the place of Muppets which is rumored to be closing down in the next year.

houseofmouse
09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say that the fact that DCA is going to get some needed changes in the near future is no longer just a rumor... though the actual details may be speculation, the fact that some changes will take place is a fact.

Philharmagic is a proposed new show to take the place of Muppets which is rumored to be closing down in the next year.

I love Philharmagic! Just wish they would put it in Disneyland, like Toontown or something. But again rumors, by one person does not a new attraction make. I think I will wait until Disney announces these changes other than one man who thinks he knows all. Again my opinon.:)

IdahoMike
09-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I would love to see Philharmagic be able to co-exist with Muppets. It is a tough choice, I don't want Muppets to leave, but I'd love to see Philharmagic.

I tend to believe what Al Lutz says in his articles, he pretty much doesn't write something unless he has solid information, and most everything he writes does end up happening, so I would say it is more likely than not it will happen.

screamin4ever
09-05-2007, 09:35 PM
These changes are not just from one sources. Multiple sources have confirmed these changes are indeed coming.

danyoung
09-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I think I will wait until Disney announces these changes other than one man who thinks he knows all. Again my opinon.:)

I know you're not trying to start a flame war. In fact, I think it's kinda silly when people get all freaked out when their favorite online know-it-all gets dissed. That said, I find that Mr. Lutz does tend to be pretty accurate. And he also identifies rumors as rumors, and then others pick those up and repost them as fact. I enjoy the weekly read, but I do take it with a big ol' grain of salt.

Bytebear
09-06-2007, 03:30 PM

I love Philharmagic! Just wish they would put it in Disneyland, like Toontown or something. But again rumors, by one person does not a new attraction make. I think I will wait until Disney announces these changes other than one man who thinks he knows all. Again my opinon.:)

I just heard from a very reliable source that they are starting on Philharmagic in the next 30 days. Bye bye Muppets. (although I wish they would take Kermit and the gang over to Tomorrowland and boot out the shrinking audience).

houseofmouse
09-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow! I will be sad now. :crying::crying:

DizneyMommy
09-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Well, maybe that explains the Monsters In closure afterall. Perhaps they have to (or just want to) block off the entire corner in order to change the facade on the Muppets building. Granted, what does Monsters get, like 50 people an hour on it, they probably assume no one will miss it while they work. BUT WE WILL!

MileHighAko
09-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Why dosen't Monsters Inc. get more traffic? My kids really enjoy it, especially when the line is short. When it is long they chose to bypass it, but when it is short, they'll do it more than once. Like Winnie the Pooh, it is a cute dark ride.

Katran
09-07-2007, 03:06 PM

What is this exactly?

...when Muppets closes...

Is this a permanent closure? :(

Bytebear
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
What is this exactly?

Hollywood pictures backlot. They are going to start there and then move around the park. Of course they are going to also work on Paradise Pier as they continue with Midway Mania.

The plan as I understand it is to revamp the exterior of the Hyperion Theater. They are going to enclose the queue area and change the facade to make it look like a real theater. I hear they are removing the forced perspective mural (which makes me a little sad).

I heard they are thinking of putting in a trolly car as well, but given the track record of the Jolly Trolley in Toon Town, and the limited space, I really wonder how they are going to pull this off. Anyway, expect big changes in the next few months.

They are also replaceing the Muppets with Mickey's Philharmagic.

Is this a permanent closure? :(

I'm afraid so.

Katran
09-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all the info. I'm so sad that the Muppets are leaving. I'm sure Mickey's Philharmagic will be okay, but I'd rather they keep the Muppets.

houseofmouse
09-07-2007, 05:35 PM
I love Muppets but looked on Disneylands website through December and there is no mention of it being closed. On a side note of the thread topic, we love Monsters Inc. its a cute ride. I only wish it was longer and delved into the story more.:) We are glad when there is no line for it, which means we get on quickly!!

BJW
09-08-2007, 02:14 PM
IMHO, I think they should keep Muppets and put Philharmagic into the old Millionaire theatre or the old food court building. That area is still lopsided with most buildings not even being used. They could really liven that area up more by putting attractions in the other two buildings.

Another Dimension
09-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Philharmagic should go into ToonTown at Disneyland.
When is the last time Toontown got an actual, new, real, attraction?
:eek:

Muppetvision should stay where it is ... and the Muppets in general should be given a bigger presence inside DCA.
Disney as a whole should want to make more cashy off the Muppets, they do OWN them now.
:rolleyes:

Stupid internal politics.

Bytebear
09-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Muppetvision should stay where it is ... and the Muppets in general should be given a bigger presence inside DCA.
Disney as a whole should want to make more cashy off the Muppets, they do OWN them now.

They don't own them outright. There are a lot of strings attached to the characters associated with Seseme Street as they are owned by PBS.

LaurensMom
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
You all scared me for a moment there... I was under the impression it was already closed.. and in checking the DL website it is closing down after the Thanksgiving break.. PHEW for us!! We will jsut make it.. Hopefully we can get into to see Muppets for one last time too...

evrythngwmn
09-09-2007, 03:17 AM
IMHO, I think they should keep Muppets and put Philharmagic into the old Millionaire theatre or the old food court building. That area is still lopsided with most buildings not even being used. They could really liven that area up more by putting attractions in the other two buildings.

Both buildings are being used. They are available for special events and are in use on a regular basis.