PDA

View Full Version : Two hours in the park-- crowds, closures & chance encounters

River Belle
08-30-2007, 10:52 PM
We arrived at about 8 p.m., parked, and hopped onto the tram. The esplanade was fairly full, and there were lines at all of the turnstiles.

Once inside the park, we decided to wait for the train. Main Street was a sea of people, but we enjoyed the view. Dropped a couple of dimes in the "music maker" at the station--that always makes me smile.:)

While on the train, we noticed that the park was considerably more busy than it had been on Sunday. While passing over Critter County, we even saw a longish line for Pooh.

Our stop was Tomorrowland, where the wait for Autopia was 40 mins. Also, Nemo was closed for the night. I asked if they were having "technical problems," and the CMs just nodded and said it would not be re-opening tonight. We headed over to Red Rocket's for some dinner, and then made our way to Fantasyland during the fireworks.

I've never been in Fantasyland during the fireworks closure--the only attractions running were the Tea Cups & Casey Jr. We had a great view of Tinker Bell, and got the personal announcement from June (of Peter Pan fame) that Fantasyland would not be re-opening for the night.;)

Once the fireworks ended, we got in line for the Storybookland Canal Boats, where I spotted "Pan Fan" and had the pleasure of meeting her in person (she was charming!). My first MP encounter--that was kind of fun! :)

I was surprised by the crowds, but maybe people are getting an early start on the holiday weekend.

We had a cranky toddler so we didn't even stop for cookies & milk at the Blue Ribbon Bakery (which we ALWAYS do). Maybe next time...

JamesDL
08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
How do you meet pan fan?

someimagination
08-31-2007, 02:00 AM
How do you meet pan fan?

PanFan is an MPer and a CM in Fantasyland... great girl :D love ya lady <3

nvmom
08-31-2007, 06:42 AM
I didn't realize PanFan worked in Fantasyland until our tour guide Jack told us. We kept an eye out for her the next day but there was no meeting for us. :)

nvmom

shna
08-31-2007, 09:51 AM
We met PanFan on Tuesday at Small World. Definitely a nice gal. ;)

PanFan
08-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Wow, I didn't realize I was so popular! <3 you someimagination! Yay Rope 6! And River Belle, it was fabulous meeting you (briefly) last night! nvmom, I responded on your thread, but wanted to say hi here as well. Thanks for looking for me! I'd have looked for you if I knew what you looked like :) shna, thanks for being so forgiving of your first IASW trip. But look at it this way--how many people can say they've ridden it with the music off? Gotta love those new CM's!

James DL, like they said, I practically live in Fantasyland and go by the name Alyssa. There are two Alyssa's in FL (I'm not used to that!). I'm the blonde one from Santa Clarita and am rarely seen in costume without my hat on (I don't think I've ever seen the other one with her hat on). I work every attraction in FL, so it may be tricky to find me on any given day, but ask around and eventually you'll find me (if I'm working that day, of course).