PDA

View Full Version : Pleeeeease help! [Fall holiday package]

Chip37
07-14-2002, 02:40 PM
OK, here goes, does anyone have opinions on the Fall Holiday Pkg being offered at the DLR? I made a lot of reservations but due to unforseen circumstances we had to cancel all of them. We would be coming to DLR with my wife and I as well as our 2 children which will be 12 and 14. We can get great air if we go Nov.28th and returning Dec. 3rd. How busy will Thanksgiving be and even though it would be more we can change our dates to early Dec. if necessary. These are my ???. If we go during the week will they still have snow on Main Street as well as the Fireworks or will they only have Fireworks on the weekends? Believe me our plans at this point are up in the air and we really need expert advice as to be able to decide on when we should book our air and hotel!!! As always thanks for any advice!!! Btw, we were supposed to go to the DLR during our trip to Las Vegas but as is the rule if thumb, a member of our family couldn't go and we really need a Disneyland fix. Thanks as always, Chip.

coronamouseman
07-14-2002, 03:36 PM
Check in some of the various Disneyland guide books and I believe you will find the Thanksgiving vacation as being one of Disneyland's busier weekends.

Those same guides will probably tell you that the period between the end of the Thanksgiving weekend and the begining of the Christmas holday week is one of the slower times, although in recent times Disney has been providing more Christmas eintertainment to make the park more popular at that time of year.

One thing for sure - hours tend to be shorter during that late November to early December calendar period.

Ultimately, however, you get to make the choice .................

MouseWife
07-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Hmm, I am no expert but here goes from my memory. {that isn't perfect either, though, so make sure and keep checking on the Disneyland website or by phone!}

I don't have a calendar in front of me but, I would think the weekdays following Thanksgiving {except for that Friday} should be alright. Figure everyone else has gone home?

I have only gone during the week and there have been snow and fireworks.

Yes, the hours are shorter but {granted the lines are shorter} then you get finished quickly anyways. The weather is usually perfect.

If you go on a combined weekend, weekday, you can always go to DCA on the weekend. I don't know about the Electric Parade or Fantasmic!

Have a lot of fun!!! Which hotel will you stay at? I've been at the PP and the GC but the outer lying hotels are fine, shuttling is fine.

LPnerd
07-14-2002, 04:39 PM
for checking on events such as fantasmic, fireworks and snow,
u can go to www.disney.com. go to disneyland info fil in the dayes you will be there and they will teel all, click around a bit on that site. you can get alot of info and then come back here for clarification . LOL Have a great time. We are going to Dl for the first time in 22 years . Live in Fl. and go to WDW all the time . Really looking forward to DL and seeing for myself if DCA is as bad as some of these folks say it is. I have a feeling I'm gonna like.