PDA

View Full Version : Can you upgrade??

MichelleC
07-14-2002, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know if we can apply the value of our 4 day park hoppers that we are getting with our package towards annual passes?

Darkbeer
07-14-2002, 01:56 PM
Yes you can!!!

They will scan the ticket, and give you the "discounted" value (if you got an Adult at the Child's price) against any AP (or even a park-hopper), with one big rule, you have to go UP in price, for example, if you have a $111 4-day ticket, you CANNOT use it to get a SoCal AP that cost $99..... you could either get a Deluxe for $48 or a Premuim for $108.

tabacco
07-14-2002, 06:50 PM
You must do the upgrade by the end of your last day. Also, we use the price that's on the face of the ticket.

LibraryGirl
07-14-2002, 09:19 PM
can you do the upgrades with the hopper passes that come with the Disney Travel packages?

Darkbeer
07-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Yes, the one drawback is with the "free" child's tickets, since the value of the ticket is $0.00, they don't help with upgrading, but the adult tickets work just fine, though you will only get the value of the ticket (for example, buy a three-day park-hopper, get two extra days at no charge (aka 5-day Park Hopper), the pass value is only a three-day pass, and only that amount will be used to calculate the upgrade value.....

LibraryGirl
07-15-2002, 12:02 AM
Thanks!! I am very grateful for the information. How much are the Annual passes? Do they include tax?

Darkbeer
07-15-2002, 12:13 AM
The three types of AP's are

SoCal - $99

Deluxe - $159

Premium - $219

Parking pass is included in the Premium, but $40 extra for Deluxe and SoCal's. The Premium also includes 10% off most merchandise.

No Sales Tax in California on Park admissions!

More info here...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Tickets/index?id=6073&Grouping=TG

LibraryGirl
07-15-2002, 12:28 AM
Thanks again for your help. DL will definitely have another AP holder when I next visit the park! I appreciate the link as well. !!:D

LibraryGirl
07-15-2002, 12:40 AM
I think this is my last AP question... I noticed on the link that there is something called a "Super Sunday" for the DLR hotels with the Annual Passes. Can you tell me what that is and how much lower the price is for those hotels?

Disney Nick
07-15-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by LibraryGirl
I think this is my last AP question... I noticed on the link that there is something called a "Super Sunday" for the DLR hotels with the Annual Passes. Can you tell me what that is and how much lower the price is for those hotels?
It is special rates on Sunday, but they have recently been extended to everyday of the week. Depends on time of year/when you call/luck of the draw. But I've seen around $25-75/night discount before.

livinglighthouse
07-15-2002, 05:37 AM
I'm jumping in with another AP question. I'm traveling with a couple of adults who bought tickets and this will be their only visit to DL. Can I use their tickets to upgrade to AP's for my children??? They have the free tickets for this trip so no value for upgrading.

MichelleC
07-15-2002, 08:16 AM
Thanks for all the great information. Just one more question from me. I can still use the DC discount on the premium pass when I upgrade, so instead of an additional $108 it would be $88? We did get 4 day hoppers I believe at the childs price as part of the our package.

Thanks!