PDA

View Full Version : Storybook Land

quietgrrl
08-29-2007, 05:16 PM
I am so disappointed! Just looked at the Disneyland website, and it appears that The Storybook Land Canal Boats as well as the Casey Jr. Train will be down for rehab during our visit (Sept 10-15). Does anyone know what the story is? Any chance they could come back up early or something? It's one of my all time favorites, and we're coming from the East Coast. I hate to miss it!

PanFan
08-30-2007, 12:13 AM
I've heard that Casey is going down because they're doing work on Storybook and I've heard Storybook is going down because they're doing work on Casey. I don't know which is true, but my guess is that they will be working on both. I wouldn't count on either one reopening early, though. If you can find me in Fantasyland during your trip, I'll do my spiel for you :)

dawnid
08-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Its one of my favorites also. You can check out You Tube and hear my daughter's spiel.

quietgrrl
08-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks - you guys are sweet! I'm bringing a friend who has never been to Disneyland. I was really hoping to share with her what I consider one of the most special attractions. Is there any raised area in the park where you can look down into Storybook Land? If only the Skyway was still around! Sigh.

cstephens
08-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Is there any raised area in the park where you can look down into Storybook Land?

The monorail, but only for a short time, and kind of at an angle.

pisces
08-30-2007, 06:30 PM
You might be able to see it, vaguely--at a distance, from the Sunwheel. You won't be directly over it, but if you look closely, from the very top of the Sunwheel (non-swinging car is probably best).....you can certainly make out the Castle, the Carousel, and perhaps, some of the rooftops of Snow White, Mr. Toads, and Alice.

itig
08-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks - you guys are sweet! I'm bringing a friend who has never been to Disneyland. I was really hoping to share with her what I consider one of the most special attractions. Is there any raised area in the park where you can look down into Storybook Land? If only the Skyway was still around! Sigh.

Here, try this :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=disneyland&ie=UTF8&ll=33.813756,-117.918883&spn=0.001197,0.001875&t=k&z=19&om=1

quietgrrl
09-05-2007, 05:58 AM
Just checked the Disneyland calendar, and Storybook Land is no longer on the refurb list! Could this be? Could they have postponed the refurb? This would make me SO happy!

Katran
09-05-2007, 06:28 AM
As of yesterday's update, MousePlanet has both Casey Jr. and Storybook closed from Sept. 4 through October 5th. Wow, that's a long closure. I just checked Disneyland's calendar as well, and they aren't showing the closure. However, I know from past experience that sometimes something will show up on the calendar one day, suddenly be gone the next, then reappear again the next day. Have you tried calling the park directly? That's the best way to find out the most up-to-date info on ride closures.

By the way, can you see Storybook Land from Dumbo? I can't remember.

someimagination
09-05-2007, 02:46 PM
By the way, can you see Storybook Land from Dumbo? I can't remember.

Unfortunately the hedges surrounding Dumbo are too high to see into Storybook.

PanFan
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
I guarantee SBL is closed right now and will probably remain so until October 6 (if they do open it early it will be only a few days before that date). There is currently no one scheduled to work the attraction.

quietgrrl
09-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks PanFan - not what I wanted to hear, but at least I have my answer! I guess it is an excuse to come back, right? (Isn't there always one of those?)

PanFan
09-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks PanFan - not what I wanted to hear, but at least I have my answer! I guess it is an excuse to come back, right? (Isn't there always one of those?)

There's always an excuse to come back :D

Seriously, though, if you find me I will do my spiel for you if it will make you feel better!

Malcon10t
09-05-2007, 07:37 PM
There's always an excuse to come back :D

Seriously, though, if you find me I will do my spiel for you if it will make you feel better!We will be back Oct 27-30, so hoping to hear it then!! (We will have 2 puppies!!!)

Glass Slipper
09-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Any chance of Casey Jr. and Storybook Land Canal Boats opening BEFORE Oct. 6th? I'll be using my 4-day park-hopper Oct. 1-4 and am hoping to ride both. It's always sad when a Fantasyland attraction is closed:crying: I've heard that sometimes the refurbishment process gets done ahead of time, so that's what I'm hoping in this case! Any "behind the scenes" news on these?

PanFan
09-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Not that I've heard, but the new schedule comes out on Friday so we'll see if anyone is scheduled for it earlier than the 6th. Sometimes they do finish early and they may open for parts or all of the day. They will probably still be listed at the security checkpoint as closed attractions, though. Just come by and check!

PanFan
10-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I am currently scheduled to work SBL this Saturday and then three times next week. However, my lead told me that we wouldn't be open for another week. I'm not sure exactly why, but they're evidently not finished with the rehab yet and neither Casey Jr. nor Storybook Land will be open until probably next Saturday (the 13th) or so. I don't have an exact date, but it should be sometime around then.