PDA

View Full Version : Mini golf

flyers fan
08-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Which is the better one? And how do you get to the mini golf? Can the buses take you? Thanks.

bradk
08-29-2007, 05:14 PM
fantasia gardens has a traditional miniature golf course and a mini par-3 type course. both are pretty hard. to get to it, you just need to get to the swan and walk past the pool and cross the street.

winter summerland has 2 traditional courses. haven't played them, but they're said to be much easier (the only complaint i've heard is the two courses are too much the same). the blizzard beach bus services it.

Fergo100
08-29-2007, 10:56 PM
hi

disnut8
08-30-2007, 06:15 AM
Winterland/Summerland has two very similar courses, one themed for winter, one themed for summer. The courses are located just outside the entrance to Blizzard Beach so you can take the bus there and then it's a short walk to the courses. If you drive, just head for Blizzard Beach and use that parking lot.

Fantasia also has two courses but very different. The Gardens course is a typical mini-golf course themed to Fantasia with lots of added Disney touches like musical notes that sound when your ball goes down some steps, brooms that spurt water, etc. The Fairways course is like a chipping and putting course and similar to a real golf course. These courses are across the street from the Swan resort. You can take the bus to the Swan and then a short walk across the street to the course. If you drive, there is a dedicated parking lot for Fantasia. If you are at Epcot, exit by the International Gateway and then either boat or walk over to the Swan and across the street. If you are at MGM, take the walkway or use the boat to get to the Swan.

Difficulty rankings (based on my opinion and my opinion only) -

Winterland and Summerland. Kids will have fun, adults won't be very challenged. I lost to the other two adults and I was 14 under par. Holes in one are not uncommon here. Takes about an hour to play.

Fantasia Gardens - challenging for the kids, very challenging for the adults. We normally will be around par. Takes a little over an hour to play.

Fantasia Fairways - next to impossible for kids, frustrating for adults. Takes us two hours to "play". It's more like torture.

TinaMouse
08-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the info. We're taking a morning to go to Fantasia and then walk to Beaches and Cream for burgers. It's great to know how far / how long it takes. Looks like it's F Gardens for us for SURE!!!

Are there long lines? We were planning on going at 10:00, when they open I believe.

anniedg
08-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Fatasia Gardens is a really fun choice and a walk to Beaches and Cream afterward sounds great. We've never played that early, but have never had long waits (notable exception the one late night game where we ended up behind the drunken party :eek: ) and I would think that early it would be less crowded. If there is a wait they'll give you a tee time and you can go sit at some tables in the shade to wait. They also have ice cream you can buy while you wait, but since you'll be headed to Beaches and Cream you'll probably want to skip that! They're pretty good about spacing groups so once you're playing there's not a lot of waiting.