PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Fall 2007 Backstage Pass AP newsletter in the mail

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
08-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Front Cover is Mickey jumping out of a Pumpkin

Page 1 talks about HalloweenTime

Page 2 has photos related to the HalloweenTime promo.

Page 3 talks about Candy Corn Acres, a new feature of HalloweenTime at DCA and has one preview piece of artwork showing Sunshine Plaza dressed up. Also plugs an AP offer, an exclusive AP HalloweenTime flag for just $10 if you spend at least $15 more at many stores. Offer starts September 9th, and goes thru October 27th if supplies last.

Page 4 plugs Mickey's Halloween Treat and that you should buy tickets today.

Page 5 looks or Half Marathon volunteers, and a Quinceaneras Package.

Page 6 says...

The Year of a Million Dreams Continues in 2008!

Since we premiered The Year of a Million Dreams, our Guests have seen so many wonderful dreams come true, they've wished that this amazing event wouldn't have to end. Well now, we're making that dream come true too! Soon we'll be officially announcing the continuation of The Year of a Million Dreams celebration through December 31, 2008. But first, we wanted to break this exciting news to you, our AP family.

Also plugs the new Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island!

Page 7 is an interview with Billy Ray Cyrus

Page 8 talks about new DVD releases

Pages 9 and 10 talks about AP Appreciation Days

The big one, for Three Days, September 9th, 10th and 11th offers all AP holders a merchandise discount (with the usual restrictions and excluded items. SoCal, SoCal Select and Deluxe will get 10% off, the basic Premium offer.

And Premium AP holders get an extra 10% off, for a total of 20% for the three days.

Page 10 talks about Chivas USA tickets, 25% off online PhotoPass orders, 10% at DisneyShopping.com and 2 new Dining with Character Pins, pizza che Stitch being released on Sept. 16th, and Chip 'n Dale on November 4th ($30 minimum required at one meal)

Page 11 talks bout a contest where you could win some DVC points to use for 3 years. FYI, I know some folks don't like the use of Timeshare with DVC, but the page clearly states, in BOLD print "This Advertising material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of Time Share periods."

Page 12 deals with Adventures by Disney and other travel stuff.

Page 13 is the kids page with a few puzzles

Page 14 is a few leftover items, including an offer from Illuminations at DtD, $15 off a purchase of $60 or more for AP's thru October 31st.

Back cover is the standard discount and blockout lists, along with another ad to buy Halloween Treat tickets for DCA.

Darkbeer
08-28-2007, 06:11 PM
And Disney clearly didn't ask me about my dream, which is the fact they would END YoaMD as soon as possible and not extend it!

Andrew
08-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Fourteen pages is pretty good for these things. They've been awfully puny lately.

Darkbeer
08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Fourteen pages is pretty good for these things. They've been awfully puny lately.

Same size as the last few issues, 16 pages if you count the Front and Back Cover, or 4 printed pages stapled together.

Just checked the "new" AP section at Disneyland.com, still has the Finding Nemo Spring 2007 Backstage Pass issue online.

padilla6710
08-28-2007, 07:01 PM
My whole family are passholders why is it that we sometimes receive these newsletters and sometimes dont. It is kind of upsetting...anyone else have this issue?

yenko427
08-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Opened my mailbox today and saw Disney Halloween cover and it put a smile on my face!!!!

DLyouth27
08-28-2007, 07:27 PM
I never got a "Summer" issue if there was one...just the Nemo one that's still on the AP site.

screamin4ever
08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
The Year of a Million Dreams Continues in 2008!

Since we premiered The Year of a Million Dreams, our Guests have seen so many wonderful dreams come true, they've wished that this amazing event wouldn't have to end. Well now, we're making that dream come true too! Soon we'll be officially announcing the continuation of The Year of a Million Dreams celebration through December 31, 2008. But first, we wanted to break this exciting news to you, our AP family.

I almost threw up! What kind of drugs are these people on? Just retire Rasulo already.

Malcon10t
08-28-2007, 07:52 PM
My whole family are passholders why is it that we sometimes receive these newsletters and sometimes dont. It is kind of upsetting...anyone else have this issue?
They only send one per address. You should get one per quarter.

Leslie21
08-28-2007, 08:02 PM
My brother and I got APs back in may and we haven't gotten one, is that normal ?

Darkbeer
08-28-2007, 08:11 PM
They only send one per address. You should get one per quarter.

I got 2 today in the mail, one under my name, and one under my girlfriend's, we have different last names, but the exact same address.

As I understand it, they do only mail one per "family" if they have the same last name.

Phantom2006
08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I have a friend that lives in Fullerton and she just got hers yesterday. I always get mine way after her, about a week or two later. I live down in Oceanside. There has been a few times that I did not get one at all.

StitchesGlitch
08-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Do you get a copy of the newsletter when you process your AP in the park?

cstephens
08-28-2007, 11:16 PM
And Disney clearly didn't ask me about my dream, which is the fact they would END YoaMD as soon as possible and not extend it!

Funny, I thought some website was touting that the promotion was such a failure that they were cutting it short.

Malcon10t
08-29-2007, 05:20 AM
Do you get a copy of the newsletter when you process your AP in the park?It doesn't matter where you process the pass. But I usually get mine a week after Darkbeers announcement. But, I don't think they send them internationally.

stan4d_steph
08-29-2007, 06:21 AM
You can usually view the pdf file at the AP website as well.

Tinker Bell
08-29-2007, 07:10 AM
I got 8 copys this time around some times more or less. We are a family of 6 and all have some kind of pass. I wish they would do it 1 per addy. I spend a month giving these things away. I hate to throw them away.

Mermaid
08-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I live in Phoenix and I got mine yesterday. Sometims I get it way later than other too though!

Gone2Disneyland
08-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Do you get a copy of the newsletter when you process your AP in the park?

I don't know if it's current, but last year I remember AP newsletters were available from a display inside the Main Street Bank. I was waiting for my folks to get their APs processed and saw the display nearby. I took a couple for them as I waited.

olegc
08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Funny, I thought some website was touting that the promotion was such a failure that they were cutting it short.

i don't think it was that YoMD entirely was being cut short - but that the unsightly decorations on the entrance bridge, the mickey floral, and around Castle would be removed. Instead the california letters went blue-sky and clouds and they are supposed to put a giant YOMD Ears set in the esplanade...

oh, yeah, and announce the new Overnight suite in the park (:p)

Nonamia
08-29-2007, 11:15 AM
The pdf is up on the disneyland ap page now. Just read it. :D

Phantom2006
08-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I have seen the newletters in the AP Center in DCA.

miss bianca
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM

Darkbeer, you are one of my favorite posters on this board and I love your smugmug site. Can you please explain this comment? I too have mixed feelings about YOMD.

Thanks!

Darkbeer
08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I am not a fan of the generic "Disney Parks" branding and marketing, of which the Year of a Million Dreams is a major part of.

I think there should be advertising for Disneyland Park and DCA specifically talking about them and their upcoming events.

Also, I think the Dream Squad promotion isn't working that well, with many folks not understanding it, and turning down prizes since they think their is a gimmick, such as the folks offering $100 in Disney Dollars on Harbor Blvd (Time Share offer).

If I could redo the Million Dreams prize giveaway, I would go back to the old turnstiles that printed a game piece for everyone who entered the park for the first time on that date, that way everyone knows something is happening, and no matter where they are or what type of day it is, you have a chance to win.

I would also get Honda involved in the promo and give away cars :)

And by the way, thanks for the kind comments.

Andrew
08-30-2007, 02:54 PM
We received ours today (SF Bay area). We got two copies, as always.