PDA

View Full Version : Nemo question [closure?]

CV12Pirate
08-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb727
I guess we should all be glad that we're going in Sept instead of October - hearing the rumors of Nemo closing down in Oct...

Nemo closing in October??? This is the first I have heard of that. Do you have any details? thx

I asked this yesterday, does anyone have any information on a possible October closing for Nemo?

Andrew
08-28-2007, 09:35 AM
I asked this yesterday, does anyone have any information on a possible October closing for Nemo?
The current attraction closure/refurbishment calendar (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070827xx#Rehabs) makes no reference to Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Enter The Mouse
08-28-2007, 09:35 AM
I hope not, because that's when we're going! I can't imagine it closing so soon.

CV12Pirate
08-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks, I found nothing else either. It was on a post I saw yesterday titled "September Roll Call". I asked annieb727, the OP but got no reply.

annieb727
08-28-2007, 10:45 AM
I actually did reply...post number #26...this is what I posted:

I think I heard it on another discussion board - here's the details I heard

*REMEMBER: THIS IS JUST RUMOR, NOT CONFIRMED*

Nemo is rumored to have a scheduled close the month of October. It is said that they rushed the opening to meet the deadline, and after the summer crowds, they will be closing to finish up. Now there are a lot of people that don't believe the rumor. And I wouldn't fully believe it until it's announced by Disney. So remember, this is just rumor as of now. There were two people on the site that said they heard it from CMs - then someone else CALLED to ask, and they didn't know anything about it possibly closing.

---

I didn't mean to cause rumors here...I just didn't remember where I had seen it before...it was kind of a side comment. Sorry to cause trouble...not my intention.

CV12Pirate
08-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks, I didn't want to creat a stir either. In my original title I made no reference to closing, just a nemo question. Someone added (Closure).

tigger08
08-28-2007, 11:22 AM
My sister in law called Disneyland this morning after hearing rumors that it was closing and she too was told that they had no schudual of it closing in October... so we all will keep our finger's crossed for you all going in October. I'm hoping its not closed in April when we go as its one of the few rides that my six year old wants to go on!

stan4d_steph
08-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Thanks, I didn't want to creat a stir either. In my original title I made no reference to closing, just a nemo question. Someone added (Closure).I added "closure" because your question was regarding whether the ride would be closing in October and your original thread title was not very specific.

barely
08-29-2007, 07:17 AM
I believe this is just a rumor. Surely something as important as this would be posted by Disney.

CV12Pirate
08-29-2007, 08:47 AM
I added "closure" because your question was regarding whether the ride would be closing in October and your original thread title was not very specific.

Thank you, however I did not ask for, and do not need your help writing. I left out "closure" on purpose as to not create havoc, so people would not see the title and go running off into the sunset like chicken little.

Administration and monitoring are one thing, adding dialog is another. I cannot think of one English Literature professor on campus would approve of adding words to anothers work.

I also realize that I now run the risk of being suspended, getting a warning or some other form of punishment. All for asking a harmless question and expressing my opinion.

This is America after all, and we are supposed to able to speak freely without fear of someone on a power trip smashing us into nothing.

Stanford '78

Chris Lang
08-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Being as there are about half a million threads and topics about "Finding Nemo" it makes sense to differentiate them by including more information in the thread title.

The addition is in brackets so its obvious it was added for clarity and this is a VERY common (and in most cases, appreciated) practice on the internet.

Your writing "integrity" wasn't challenged. Geez.

And another thing, freedom of speech does not apply to privately owned websites.

cstephens
08-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Thank you, however I did not ask for, and do not need your help writing. I left out "closure" on purpose as to not create havoc, so people would not see the title and go running off into the sunset like chicken little.

Ummm, no, they came into this thread and read that it's not happening instead of being annoyed at yet another generic Nemo question.

This is America after all, and we are supposed to able to speak freely without fear of someone on a power trip smashing us into nothing.

Wow, pulling the free speech card? I could comment on your Stanford citation, but in deference to another person on these boards, I'll refrain.

DizneyMommy
08-30-2007, 06:42 AM
The moderator was just trying to assist the rest of us who read the board by categorizing your question a little better. There are a ton of Nemo threads and if I wanted to know how long the line has been or how scary the ride is it then I would look for a thread that specfically says that. Because yours had no clear title, I would have opened it and read it only to find I had wasted my time reading through it looking for info which did not apply to your thread afterall. Sometimes threads can get very very long, and no one wants to read through dozens of posts only to find the information they need is not there.

The moderators do this occassionally to help keep the board neat and tidy and easy to navigate, yours is not the first one and will surely not be the last. They didn't change what you wrote in your comments or censor your words, they simply clarified the topic for the benefit of everyone. That's part of their job - keeping the board in order. As a reader, I appreciate that they do this for our benefit, maybe I am in the minority.

River Belle
08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
As a reader, I appreciate that they do this for our benefit, maybe I am in the minority.

If you're the minority, then so am I.:) I'm with you on this one.

Also, Nemo was closed tonight. I'm not sure what time it initially shut down, but when I passed it around 9ish, there was NOBODY in line, and I was told the ride would be closed for the night.