PDA

View Full Version : Magic Your Way Ticket + Water Parks Question

Ethansdad
08-28-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm going to Disneyworld in just two weeks (trip number 4 for me, probably 6 for my wife, second for my 3 year old, first for my 1 year old) - and I've got a question about the Magic Your Way + Water Parks (and more) tickets. I should mention that we'll be at Disney for 7 days, and I plan to get tickets covering the entire trip.

We enjoy going to the Water Parks, but we also envision possibly going to a theme park later in the day. Can this be done with a Magic Your Way Ticket + Water Park WITHOUT the Hopper option? Is the Hopper just for hopping between the four major theme parks (MK, Epcot, MGM & AK)? We don't really think we'll need the option of hopping between the major parks - just from a water park to the Magic Kingdom for instance.

And while I'm asking - is there anything special I should do for my first timer? Is there a button or something that I can get from Guest Relations? Thanks for the help.

TinaMouse
08-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Yes, they're separate. You'll have x days at the 4 majors and x days at the WPs. Drince is the person (moderator) who always explains this deal the best. Look for a specific answer from one of our other padders very, very shortly. :)

Are you planning on going to the water parks every day? If you're planning on going only once, you may want to price it out paying out of pocket. Depending on how many wp days you want, it may or may not be cost-effective.

Most of us here are HUGE park hopper fans. If your budget can handle it, it is THE way to go. THere's SO many times that you are at a park, the lines are extremely long and you have the option (with hoppers) to bail to another park. I intentionally spend 1/2 days at the parks, doing one in the a.m., followed by a rest at the pool/room, and then another one in the p.m.

And yes, you can get a first-timer button. Guest relations will have one for you, I believe! Happy planning!

GusMan
08-28-2007, 06:10 AM
One notable note...
It is my understanding that the number of "entries" provided with the WP&M option has increased recently. (More entries = good thing for some. :) ) So if you want to do things like the water parks and Disney Quest (among other things), for the small cost involved, with as little as two entries you get your moneys worth.

Kwahati
08-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Most of us here are HUGE park hopper fans. If your budget can handle it, it is THE way to go. THere's SO many times that you are at a park, the lines are extremely long and you have the option (with hoppers) to bail to another park. I intentionally spend 1/2 days at the parks, doing one in the a.m., followed by a rest at the pool/room, and then another one in the p.m.

See? This is what happens when I have a busy morning at work! I don't get to say anything because Tina takes the answer right out of my mouth! ;) Oh well, instead I'll just say: Tina's smart. You should listen to her. It's really easy to get burnt out having to be at one park all day. Hopping is the way to go.:D

Cheshire Figment
08-28-2007, 08:25 AM
This is a "canned" response with the assumption you have a seven day MYW ticket with both the Park Hopper and Water Fun options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privledges on one card. Everything expires 14 days after first use unless you have the no-expire option. If you have the NE option all the entitlements are good until they are used up.

You have seven days of access to the four major parks (AK, EC, MGM, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have seven entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, PI, TL, WWS). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, DQ in the afternoon, and club hopping at PI in the evening of one day you would have used three of the six entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the MYW ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the Water Fun option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

(I work as a Greeter/Tickets/Guest Services at one of the Water Parks.)

TinaMouse
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
See? This is what happens when I have a busy morning at work! I don't get to say anything because Tina takes the answer right out of my mouth! ;) Oh well, instead I'll just say: Tina's smart. You should listen to her. It's really easy to get burnt out having to be at one park all day. Hopping is the way to go.:D

Aww, geee, well, that's the sweetest thing I've heard all day!!;)

stpats317
08-29-2007, 06:39 AM
To go along with this question, we have the hopper option on our tickets (9/27-10/5), and we plan to go to a water park on one day of our visit. Despite prodding by me, my group of 10 (6 first timers) decided against the "and more" option thinking we could just pay out of pocket for the one day at the water park. However, if we arrive and and the group decides to, it is possible to add on the water parks and more option to our tickets? And, if so, where would we do that. Unfortunately, we're off property on this visit. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Drince88
08-29-2007, 06:46 AM
You can do it at any ticket office at any park.

I'm not sure if you can do it after you've paid out of pocket for any 'and more' visit, though (and get credit for that out of pocket payment). I'm pretty sure you'd have to do that before you made any visits. (But I'm not really confident in that answer.)

Ethansdad
08-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Ah, that explains it. Thanks everyone.

As to the Park Hopper option - as I mentioned, my wife and I have been to Disneyworld a few times before. Our first time (before kids) we had the hopper option and used it all the time.

Our second trip together (when my first son was only 1) we hadn't bought the hopper option - and then found we wanted to hop one day and so I just upgraded at guest relations. As it turns out though, we only used it that once during that vacation - finding that with a child so young, we were content to spend the day in just one park.

So, our thinking on this trip (with a 3 year old and a 1 year old) is much the same - we're likely only going to be spending the day in a single park, with the exception of water park days (hence my interest in being able to go to a theme park on the same day).

But since we had upgraded at Guest Relations in the past, I suppose it's worth asking - is it cheaper to purchase the hopper upgrade now than doing it at the parks if we decide we want to be able to hop - or is the charge the same either way?

Thanks again.

Cheshire Figment
08-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Anything related to Park tickets can be done at any of the following locations:

Any Park (including Water Parks) ticket booth. This includes the TTC.

Any Guest Relations Office (GRO) outside the parks. This includes the Water Parks, TTC and DTD.

Any GRO inside the Parks.

This includes "will-call", upgrading any tickets, replacing any tickets, converting an AP voucher to an AP, or selling an AP.

Anything that can be done related to tickets at a GRO can also be done at a regular ticket window. The ticket windows cannot do things such as make reservations, unscramble problems related to room keys, or handle Lost and Found or Guest Recovery.

Note that Guest Services/Concierge in the Resorts cannot do anything related to Annual Passes.