PDA

View Full Version : Is Soap Opera Bistro still open?

LeslieluvMcky
07-13-2002, 07:17 PM
We were at DCA about 3 weeks ago and it seemed as though they stopped serving food and were only giving tours...Any info?

Uncle Dick
07-14-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by LeslieluvMcky
We were at DCA about 3 weeks ago and it seemed as though they stopped serving food and were only giving tours...Any info?
During the off-season, I believe the SOB was only open on weekends, but now it's open every day from 11:30 to 8.

roberts1398
07-16-2002, 03:49 PM
That's bizarre ... a restaurant at DR only open on weekends? Especially one that I hear is generally a long wait. Why? Are there any others that do this?

Uncle Dick
07-16-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by roberts1398
That's bizarre ... a restaurant at DR only open on weekends? Especially one that I hear is generally a long wait. Why?
Off season weekdays have notoriously low attendance. It doesn't make sense to staff a full service restaurant if the crowds just aren't there.

Are there any others that do this?
The Vineyard Room, Avalon Cove Bar and Sam Andreas Shakes were all on weekend-only operation during the off-season.

roberts1398
07-17-2002, 08:06 AM
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Guess I need to look into this stuff and really plan for the important things even in the off season -- for different reasons than during the busy summer months, LOL!:D

JackSkellington
08-29-2002, 02:56 PM
I was just there about a week ago and unfortunately it is still the same. My favorite salad was taken off the menu and the cast they had walking around doing impressions
werent very funny at all. I had a very bad time, I am now loking for a different favorite restaurant at DCA but havent heard much posetive from the others either. Oh well.:crying:

__________________________________________________ _______________

"I cant believe whats happening to me... My hopes, my dreams, my fantasies!"

-Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas)