PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Tinkerbell?

SyntheticGlamour
08-27-2007, 12:21 PM
When my friend and I were there we only saw her during the parade, but my friend bought an official autograph book with the princesses on it. Inside it came with stickers of some characters autographs and one of them was tinkerbell's making us wonder if it's possible to even get her autograph.

dawnid
08-27-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't think I have ever seen Tinker Bell accessible (sp) to guests. Fireworks or parades only. Way back when I was at WDTC she was never listed at any of the character breakfasts either.

Good Luck!

PS. I just got off the phone with DD who works in Fantasyland and Tinker Bell is only in the Parade or Fireworks depending upon the weather/temp. Please add Disney disclaimer that all information and services are subject to change at the drop of a pair of Mickey ears. LOL

DizneyMommy
08-27-2007, 05:22 PM
A close friend who worked the parades for years told me it is because Tinkerbell is supposed to be this tiny little elusive character who flies, and if a child saw her just walking around it would kind of ruin that magic.

annieb727
08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
A close friend who worked the parades for years told me it is because Tinkerbell is supposed to be this tiny little elusive character who flies, and if a child saw her just walking around it would kind of ruin that magic.

That actually make a lot of sense.

Michael_Lee
08-28-2007, 10:52 AM
There is also the problem that Tinkerbell doesn't talk.

Another Dimension
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
....and truthfully, that much extreme cutieness that close up would be much too intense for most Guests to handle.

:cool:

LOZZYPOP
08-29-2007, 07:00 PM
There is also the problem that Tinkerbell doesn't talk.

This is probably the exact reason why Tink doesn't do meet and greets. Since technically she is a face character, kids would expect her to engage them in conversation. Her character's voice sounds like bells when she speaks. That would be hard to pull off for the CM - not much room in the Tinkerbell costume to hide a bell.;)

Leofoenget
08-30-2007, 08:29 AM

Think about it, the only time you see her is WAYYY up at the top of the Matterhorn, so she does look small.

Lola
08-30-2007, 01:54 PM
My brother got tp meet the original tinkerbell. I was surprised as I thought she had passed. Anyway, he got her autograph on a picture for my daugther,

Bytebear
08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
This is probably the exact reason why Tink doesn't do meet and greets. Since technically she is a face character, kids would expect her to engage them in conversation. Her character's voice sounds like bells when she speaks. That would be hard to pull off for the CM - not much room in the Tinkerbell costume to hide a bell.;)

Maybe they could hire some girl with a tongue piercing that she can attach a bell to.

Another Dimension
08-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Maybe they could hire some girl with a tongue piercing that she can attach a bell to.

I hope Disney would always want Tinker Bell to always remain beautiful and innocent...
:)