PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve/Day? or would the 2nd & 3rd be better?

chandrar
08-27-2007, 09:30 AM
How are the crowds on these days? I am trying to decide some dates for a "Santa Surprise" trip. We could fly down on the afternoon of the 31st and maybe just plan for the parade/fireworks and maybe a couple rides if we are lucky - then get up early on the 1st and 2nd and do full days, probably using Ridemax, which I used before and loved.

Or shift it all to start on the 2nd, and do the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Any input on crown levels on New Year's? I have never gone during Christmas, but my kids are at such great "believing" ages (3.5 & 7.5 in December), I think it would be really cool. We can't go before the 31st.

TIA for any advice!

Chandra

Malcon10t
08-27-2007, 10:27 AM
How are the crowds on these days? I am trying to decide some dates for a "Santa Surprise" trip. We could fly down on the afternoon of the 31st and maybe just plan for the parade/fireworks and maybe a couple rides if we are lucky - then get up early on the 1st and 2nd and do full days, probably using Ridemax, which I used before and loved.

Or shift it all to start on the 2nd, and do the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Any input on crown levels on New Year's? I have never gone during Christmas, but my kids are at such great "believing" ages (3.5 & 7.5 in December), I think it would be really cool. We can't go before the 31st.

TIA for any advice!

Chandra
Do not plan on entering the park unless you have already entered by noon on NYE. They usually have stopped new tickets by then and are only allowing returns. By 5pm, there are generally full turnstile closures (they reopen occasionally to allow a few people in, then hit capacity and close again.) You could go to DCA instead.

The 1st will be slow in the AM, but will become packed shortly after the Rose Parade ends.

janell
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I agree with Malcon10t. You need to be in the park by noon on NYE, even a few days before I have heard they can't let more people in.

I have been going to DL on NYE for about 25 years and its very crowded, but a lot of fun. I now hang out at DCA in the evening of NYE, so its not all the crowded. Theres DJs and most imporant there is room to move. At DL, its hard to move around, because there is so many people. If you can stay a wake, a lot of people leave the DL at right after midnight. One year I could stay up and did, and the rides were almost just a walk on, it was great. DL stays open till 2:00am DCA stays open till 1:00am.

Jan 1 is a slow day. Its nice in the parks. I would think the 2 and 3rd would be the same. It just depends on when schools are back in.

If you want to see HM overlay, it should be up till about jan 7th.

Malcon10t
08-27-2007, 10:42 AM
I agree with Malcon10t. You need to be in the park by noon on NYE, even a few days before I have heard they can't let more people in. Generally, the week between Christmas and NY will have closures every day. The difference is, the park reopens after the parade (and people leave to take naps.) But, NYE, everyone knows, you leave, you may not get back in, so they don't have the mass exodus.