PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the park...

River Belle
08-26-2007, 11:28 PM
...and there seems to be a hint of fall in the air.
Cooler temps and calmer crowds made for a nice evening at DL!

We arrived at the parking structure around 8 p.m.--the parking kiosks were closing, and we were directed to the Pinnochio lot. :)

Getting onto the tram & into the park was a piece of cake--no wait at all.
We rode the train to NOS and later walked right onto Jungle Cruise & Winnie the Pooh.

During Fantasmic & the fireworks, the walkways were REALLY heavily congested, but once we got over to Tomorrowland, there was plenty of space to roam.

We got into line for Nemo at 9:45 and were expecting a 60 minute wait. We were boarding at 10:30. It was our first voyage, and we thought it was pretty cute. The line felt like it moved REALLY quickly, but even so, I wouldn't have wanted to wait too much longer for this ride.

We rode the Monorail (got to sit in the very back!!!), exited at DD, and then walked back to the car. A really great night!

Hope to see this dip in temperature & attendance continue as we move into September!

basketballmom
08-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Yea! Sounds like you had a great day. We will be there in 10 days:cool: I hope the nice weather and low crowds continue!!

mariezp
08-27-2007, 07:09 AM
We will be there in 7 days! So glad to hear that the temperatures may be going down! I have really been worrying after hearing how hot it has been. We have always been later in fall so are very spoiled by the nice weather.
Yipee for calmer crowds too!

Now if that Nemo line will just keep dropping off... maybe we will get to ride it more than once during our trip!

nightdesigns
08-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Unfortunately our weather is going back to hot, immediately. Yesterday was a fluke, we got some of the left-overs of hurricane dean passing over, hence the rain.

Forecast for this week is 90's all week.

danyoung
08-27-2007, 08:28 AM
...We arrived at the parking structure around 8 p.m.

Y'know, I've always been really jealous of you locals, both in SoCal and in Orlando, that can just drop into the parks for an evening! I live in Dallas, so getting to the parks is a big deal for me. I do plan on moving to Florida when I retire, so maybe some day I'll actually be a local! :)

seanutbutter
08-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Y'know, I've always been really jealous of you locals, both in SoCal and in Orlando, that can just drop into the parks for an evening! I live in Dallas, so getting to the parks is a big deal for me.

Hear hear! :) I only get down to the park once every few years, so I'm incredibly jealous of those who can visit everyday if they'd like.

DaDuckFan1955
08-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah me too!

We went there in April of this year and am purchasing an annual pass as we plan to stay in december for about 8 days, so we can take it nice and easy and slow, even with holiday crowds and shorter hours.

Next year hope to get down there (from Reno, NV) two or more times in 2008 as well.

Buying an annual pass will be more cost effective than buying a 5day and a 3 day park hopper..Plus next year will lower the daily cost to us even more.

But I miss when I lived down in Westminster back in the 1960's, we got to Disneyland at least once or twice a month.:D

Koala Gurl
08-27-2007, 10:44 AM
We were there yesterday, and save the few times the sun poked through the clouds, there indeed was a hint of fall in the air!

It was a surprisingly pleasant day all around!

disneyhound
08-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Hear hear! :)

What? What? ;) I agree as well, you locals have the life, DL whenever you wish! You help us visit through your trip reports, keep them coming...

DizneyMommy
08-27-2007, 06:39 PM
We were there yesterday too, just for breakfast, but the crowd was so light and the weather so cool we couldn't resist and hoped on a few rides, the wait times on the board in the hub were insanely short. Between 10-11am, we walked on the railroad and rode it around, Small World, and the monorail - we rode with the driver just to make my mom crazy for her birthday, she thought we were going to die. She kept asking the driver how long he'd been driving it for and how much training he had. We found all the people though... they were in line for Nemo - a 2 hour line.

Disney Resort
08-27-2007, 07:16 PM
It's not so much that fall is in the air as it is summer vacation (and the crowds) are dying down. I really like the off season, but the park hours can be a problem when traffic keeps me from getting there before the 8pm closing which starts soon.
For a recap of my summer at the resort, check out my page at:

http://geocities.com/disneycastmagic

Disney Resort
08-27-2007, 07:27 PM
What? What? ;) I agree as well, you locals have the life, DL whenever you wish! You help us visit through your trip reports, keep them coming...

I sometimes take for granted that there are only two Disney Parks in the entire United States...and I live down the road from one of them.
I'm a Premium Annual Passholder so I have no blackout dates to contend with. And parking is FREE! So I'm there three to four times a week taking my walk. I've lost nine pounds since starting my "Disney Workout". I'd lose more if I would steer clear of the churro carts.
I walk with my camera, so if you'd like to see some pics, go to:

http://geocities.com/disneycastmagic

Pinkhoody
08-28-2007, 08:38 AM
I sometimes take for granted that there are only two Disney Parks in the entire United States...and I live down the road from one of them.
I'm a Premium Annual Passholder so I have no blackout dates to contend with. And parking is FREE! So I'm there three to four times a week taking my walk. I've lost nine pounds since starting my "Disney Workout". I'd lose more if I would steer clear of the churro carts.

That's pretty cool! It would be nice to be so close, but I couldn't deal with living in that heat!

tigger08
08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
all thos people would do me in. A week in DL and I'm ready to come home to piece and quite although I would really like to be close enough to the park to go all the time.

Another Dimension
08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Cool mini TR... :)

Hope to see this dip in temperature & attendance continue as we move into September!

Dip in nightly temps...

Anaheim is 96 right now. :(

Califgirl
08-28-2007, 07:08 PM
I was there today, it was pretty hot. But, the crowds were light, and the only line of any length was for Nemo. (I didn't stand in it, so I can't tell you how long the wait was) It was a great day to go visit the parks!

tunaman68
08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Family went to DCA and DL today. They did all the E ticket stuff at both parks between noon and 6. I met them for dinner, and then we waited exactly 60 minutes for Nemo at about 7:30.

It was HOT, but not very crowded. 15 minutes for Space Mountain, and we walked on to Main Street at 9:15 to get our favorite spot for Wishes.:D