PDA

View Full Version : Home again...

oregonzooron
07-13-2002, 10:19 AM
Back in Portland after four days at DLR with my daughter. I'll spend today resting and working on my pilgrimage report, so hopefully you will be getting details there. In the meanwhile, here are some lessons learned:

Fastpass is our friend. Even when we didn't use it , it kept the standby lines doable.

Splash will get you wet when you least expect it!

Dark rides are not just for kids.

APs are not arrogant jerks. Pin Traders are not obsessive maniacs. CMs are not surly hour slaves.

The Tiki Room needs help, but is still magical.

DCA is a great break. If we had had a fourth day at the parks, we would have gone back. We spent about three or four hours there on Wednesday. We Soared, we Screamed, we got wet. I got to dance with a cutie wearing fruit on her head.

We saw Blast! I had described corps-style presentation to DD but nothing prepared her for that.

(Side note to drum corps fans - as we re-entered the park on Thursday afternoon we heard what I assumed was the All American College Band coming from Town Square. As we passed through the tunnel I noticed a difference. "Erin, that's a corp!" Sure enough, not just any corp, but the by-God VANGUARD!!! Just what Blue Fairy put that particular cherry on top of my Disneyland sundae!?!?

Fantasmic! is the perfect finale to a day at Disneyland. We saw the 10:30 show all three nights, all from the front, near center. Even walking easily from the hub after Believe... It was no problem for two people to get good seats.

I'd go on, but should really save something for my report.

One disappointment, however. I dilligently and conspicuously wore my Oregon Zoo hat and/or shirt every day. Not one of you saw me to say hi.

Ah, well...maybe next time.

see you at the zoo,

ron

MammaSilva
07-13-2002, 10:44 AM
Welcome Home, it sounds like you had the perfect trip with the exception of not running into any other padders.....axiously waiting for the trip report :)

MouseWife
07-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Hey! I remember you planning this trip with your daughter. I thought how cool.

Sounds like you had a Blast! :D

Aw, how disappointing that you didn't get to meet anyone. Did you have the chance to be there on a Sunday? Most people are there on Sundays. Unless you make specific plans to meet up with someone I think it is hard to connect.

But, I guess that means that you will just have to come down again. ;)

There is the Mouse Adventure {wrong name?} and who knows if some will be hooking up around the time Nightmare Before Christmas comes back to the Haunted Mansion.

Glad to hear you had a fantastic experience with your daughter.

Cost of lodging? Eeek!
Cost of dining? Eeek! again.
Vacationing with your daughter and the memories you shared? Priceless. :)

socabch
07-13-2002, 11:46 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. It's very refreshing to go after you haven't been in a while. I think you tend to let small annoying things slip by un-noticed. I'm glad for you.