PDA

View Full Version : Mickey mouse shaped donuts question

mommyof4
08-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I saw a picture of some pastry , i think were dounuts, they had powdered sugar on them and they were in the shape of mickey and then in little side dishes there was some kind of topping , first i was wondering if anybody knows what they are called and also where to get them ??
Thanks

Gone2Disneyland
08-25-2007, 03:56 PM
They're called "Mickey" shaped Beignets and I've had them at Café Orleans in New Orleans Square. Here they are listed on MousePlanet's menu for Café Orleans (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AAG402). I've only had them once, and remember having fun sticking my finger inside the hollow center after taking a small bite from the bottom of one. And I think I liked the respberry coulis more than the vanilla sauce. And if I remember correctly, one order came with five Beignets.

mommyof4
08-25-2007, 04:10 PM
They're called "Mickey" shaped Beignets and I've had them at Café Orleans in New Orleans Square. Here they are listed on MousePlanet's menu for Café Orleans (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AAG402). I've only had them once, and remember having fun sticking my finger inside the hollow center after taking a small bite from the bottom of one. And I think I liked the respberry coulis more than the vanilla sauce. And if I remember correctly, one order came with five Beignets.

Thank you

cstephens
08-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Here's a picture in case you're interested. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/cafeorl4.jpg)

mommy-san
08-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey Tammy...those are the beignets I mentioned the other day. So yummy. Didn't even try the sauces they were so good.
Roxanne

mommyof4
08-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Hey Tammy...those are the beignets I mentioned the other day. So yummy. Didn't even try the sauces they were so good.
Roxanne
Thanks Roxanne they did sound so yummy when you were talking about them so now i just have to have one lol

mommyof4
08-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Here's a picture in case you're interested. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/cafeorl4.jpg)

Thank you for the picture they look so yummy

angelbabie611
08-28-2007, 08:15 AM
They also have them at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. They are not shaped like Mickey but are equally delicious.

amarvel
08-28-2007, 08:21 AM
very good to know, my husband was searching for a mickey donut at disneyland, we will have to try these next time!

CV12Pirate
08-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Doh, doh, donuts...

mommy-san
08-28-2007, 08:38 AM
They also have them at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. They are not shaped like Mickey but are equally delicious.

Actually, I hate to say it, but Jazz Kitchens are better. I dream of hot beignets with powdered sugar at night... mmmm. I am so g-rated its funny!

Drince88
08-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Actually, I hate to say it, but Jazz Kitchens are better. I dream of hot beignets with powdered sugar at night... mmmm. I am so g-rated its funny!

You do know that you can buy beignet mix (http://www.cafedumonde.com/)and fry them up at home, right? My sister made them after their visit to me and they actually turned out pretty good (after we figured out how thick to roll them out!)

Just thought you should know!

EvilQueen_76
08-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Heading to Disneyland on Friday night and I wil definitely try this out!

cstephens
08-28-2007, 11:11 AM

I've had them at Jazz Kitchen once, and I didn't think they were all that, and my husband who loves bananas foster had it there and didn't think it was all that, even though so many people seem to rave about it, but then, I don't think Jazz Kitchen is all that in general.

I'd much prefer either the beignets from Cafe Orleans or the fritters from the counter.

Gone2Disneyland
08-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I've had them at Jazz Kitchen once, and I didn't think they were all that, and my husband who loves bananas foster had it there and didn't think it was all that, even though so many people seem to rave about it, but then, I don't think Jazz Kitchen is all that in general.

I'd much prefer either the beignets from Cafe Orleans or the fritters from the counter.

Stop it already! You're making my mouth water. :p :)

Drince88
08-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Stop it already! You're making my mouth water. :p :)

No kidding. I'm trying really hard to remind myself to not detour by Cafe du Monde on my way home from work! (And I may have to drive right by it depending on the path I take to deal with a couple other errands!!!)

tigger08
08-28-2007, 01:20 PM
These sound great to the taste good with out the sauces. i will have little kids with me and don't want to get sauce dips all over us.

mommy-san
08-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Don't get me wrong- the Mickey ones were good... but the hot, pillowy ones from Jazz kitchen...

Have to stop now, going into craving overdrive.