PDA

View Full Version : Dream Job [Tinkerbell]

dolphinwhaleg
08-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Okay, so I know a ton of people want this job...to be tinkerbell in the fireworks.
It seriously has been a dream of mine for years.
And I was wondering if anyone knew details about becoming tinkerbell.
I've looked all over the internet and haven't found much.
I know it is a bit of a far fetch dream but it would be amazing to do.
Any info would be helpful!
Thankyou in advance!

AVP
08-25-2007, 07:33 AM
There was a thread about this a few years ago, (Click here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=30918)) and one of our members had a little bit of info about the role.

I can't find it, but I remember someone posted the link to the casting call when they were looking for performers for the new show. I *think* Tink had to be around 5' 3", under 125lbs and there was something about being able to hold a pose in midair. They were definitely looking for a gymnast / acrobat / aerielist - Jane Doe could not walk in off the street and have any chance. If you search our boards you might be able to find the details of the posting.

You should also keep an eye on the Disneyland Auditions Web site, because that's where they post any openings. (Click here (http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/disneyland/index.html))

AVP

Mshell
08-25-2007, 12:12 PM
:eek: Wow that is my dream job as well and I fit that height and weight requirement!! I guess I just need to work on my acrobatic skills :p

Rapunzelthorn
08-26-2007, 08:29 AM
You also have to be blonde and a pixie and carry your own supply of pixie dust. :p

Shootingstaar
08-26-2007, 09:16 AM
I've heard from former cast members that Tink is often a man because they need a bigger person so "she" is easier to see :confused:

CV12Pirate
08-27-2007, 04:45 AM
I've heard from former cast members that Tink is often a man because they need a bigger person so "she" is easier to see :confused:

Say it ain't so...

stan4d_steph
08-27-2007, 06:26 AM
There are plenty of women who are perfectly capable of performing as Tinkerbell. I have never heard of a verified account that Tinkerbell was played by a man.

In short, no, it ain't so.

Shootingstaar
08-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I never said a woman can't be tinkerbell or that only men play tinkerbell, but according to many different CMs there have been men as tinkerbell if not now, then in the past. It would only make sense that there is more than one tinkerbell staffed at a given time.http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=6773

dolphinwhaleg
08-27-2007, 09:53 PM
well I do fit the requirements
I am not exactly a gymnast but i can tumble and am flexible
and can do some what of acrobatics
I am some what strong too
I wonder what exactly they look for
I seriously would be the happiest person on earth if i could do this!
DO you guys have any idea what so ever how they choose a tinkerbell?
any advice?
any other info?

p.s. I wish they didnt keep t so much of a secret :-(

Poolslide
08-28-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm pretty sure one night that I saw a male tink at WDW going across the wire. We were positioned at the restaurant that tink flys past at the end of her flight. Either that or tink was one solid pixie. Other nights were females who held their flight position better.