PDA

View Full Version : Disney's 50th

mkyears
07-12-2002, 10:34 PM
When Exactly would this begin to take place I imagine it would take awhile to redo those rides

Nigel2
07-12-2002, 11:32 PM
They may cløse døwn the rides in 2004 if they ønly need a year tø change it (if they aren't just empty prømises) and the celebratiøns will pøssibly begin in early 2005 pøssibly 3 mønths beføre the actual birthday like they did with the 100th at WDW.

AliKzam
07-13-2002, 12:50 AM
I would guess some of them would start as early as 2003, after the openning of the Pooh ride. With something new and intersting, the thought might be it would be distracting enough so too many people wouldn't complain about Small World or something being down.

Lost Boy
07-13-2002, 07:41 PM
My sister goes to a church in Lakewood and knows that one of the other members there is an Imagineer. In fact he is one of the big shots guys who is working in Florida right now on Mission Space. He was in town last week to gather his family to take back with him to Florida for 4 more months of work. My sister talked to him and all he would say is that there are definately major attraction redo's and many spectacular things coming for Disneyland's 50th. He said not too worry. They are not going to forget this major anniversary.

coronamouseman
08-10-2002, 02:36 AM
Based upon a number of factors, it possible that Disneyland's 50th Anniversary could very well be the most important single event for the Disney Company in 50 years ..........

(1) Current status of company as being center of controversy about Eisner, CEO compensation, poor economic performance and investor psychology involving distrust of egocentric CEOs leads to the fact that Disney needs some kind of creative and popular "home run" event to show that they still have that "magic touch"

(2) The Disney "E-ticket" ride concept is still out there to be redefined and perhaps rediscovered by ........... Disney. Others have tried to come up wiith a Disney-like combination of technology and theming but nobody does it better than Disney themselves (although, in my opinion, IOA's Spiderman comes pretty close!)

(3) Disneyland's 50th would be the best time to shine since media attention will be more easily captured for that event.
Even it means shuttering up some portions of the park for a year or more in preparation, its probably worth it if the upgrades blow the socks off the guests and establish Disney once again as the master of the theme park "themed" attraction.

(4) Replace AA Abe Lincoln in Disneyland with an AA Walt - what more fitting tribute to the man than to use the technology he developed to tell his own story ...............

mkyears
08-10-2002, 09:21 AM
question I never started this thread yet it says I did could it be possible that someone else is using myu name. I sware I did not ask the question about the 50th

tabacco
08-10-2002, 10:00 AM
Well then, I'd change your password ASAP.

disguy
08-10-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by coronamouseman

(4) Replace AA Abe Lincoln in Disneyland with an AA Walt - what more fitting tribute to the man than to use the technology he developed to tell his own story ...............

I don't know about that one....for some reason I feel like it would be creepy..I have no idea why though.

HowardBeale
08-10-2002, 11:42 AM
Like Ben Franklin being the first walking AA -- The new Walt AA could be the first smoking AA.

Acutally, I guess Mark Twain smokes his cigar.

Okay, he could be the first AA to have to walk off stage because of a nagging, hacking cough.

"And then, in 1966, the Florida project....cough...cough...Excuse me...cough...cough...we bought the land under a number of different company names...cough....cough....cough......

Ace
08-10-2002, 11:36 PM
that's not very nice....

slaakker
08-11-2002, 08:09 PM
It is my understanding that Walt requested to never have a AA built of him. Someone know for sure?

thekirk
08-11-2002, 08:54 PM
Well, I don't know about that. But, if he doesn't want it done the man of magic should be respected. But if he didn't say anything about it.....build the AA of him........I think it would be awesome..........if only ole' Walt was alive today. If only.........

HowardBeale
08-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Apparently late in 1965, Walt was in a meeting where he was preparing to tell his elite group of Imagineers that he never wanted them to create a 'Walt Disney' AA figure.

He started another one of this now famous coughing jags -- it was so intense, and went on so long, they had to take him out of the room in a stretcher.

And so, he never got around to telling them.

AliKzam
08-12-2002, 09:36 PM
I think perhaps the Walt Disney Story should be expanded and improved to include speeches made by him on various TV shows and such. The way I picture it may be too much like Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and thus redundant. But I think it would be cool to have a more inclusive biography on his life. It could start with a narrated silent-type film on Walt's childhood and service in the War. It could then move onto radio interviews on Snow White, other projects, and the opening of Disneyland speech. Finally you could see "Walt" in his office (from those TV specials) teaching us about something fascinating. Maybe there could be more than one monologue, so you could see a different show every time.