PDA

View Full Version : Pancake Fix With River Belle Closed?

Pages : [1] 2

dznycrazy
06-12-2007, 06:59 AM
My family is going to Disneyland Aug 24 - Sep 2. After reading the Disneyland update I noticed River Belle Terrace is closing. I promised my DD a Mickey Mouse Pancake. Does anyone else do these in the park?

Mrs Mouse
06-12-2007, 08:00 AM
According to the menus that I found here on MousePlanet, it looks like River Belle Terrace is the only restaraunt in the park that does the pancakes. You can, however, get them outside of the park. They are on the kid's breakfast menus at both Steakhouse 55 in the Diseyland Hotel and PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier Hotel.

Mickey waffles are available at many places throughout the park and at most of the hotel breakfasts.

Hope that helps!

Gone2Disneyland
06-12-2007, 09:27 AM
I've had the Mickey Mouse waffles at the Carnation Café on Main Street, USA. They also serve mini Mickey Mouse waffles for kids there as well; I think it includes three mini waffles.

Niwel
06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
It is my absolute fave!!! (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/ShoshanaLewin/relaxpics_022.sized.jpg)
I get it almost every time I visit the park. :D

BarbD
06-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Why is riverbelle closing? Is it just a rehab maybe?

Gone2Disneyland
06-12-2007, 10:08 AM
It is my absolute fave!!! (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/ShoshanaLewin/relaxpics_022.sized.jpg)
I get it almost every time I visit the park. :D

LOL! I've done the same thing, take a photo of my MM pancakes with the RoA in the background. :) Great Disney minds... :p

Mrs Mouse
06-12-2007, 10:14 AM
According to this week's Park Update, the closure of River Belle is for a rehab that will result in a bigger kitchen, an expanded seating area and a new menu.

Niwel
06-12-2007, 10:18 AM
LOL! I've done the same thing, take a photo of my MM pancakes with the RoA in the background. :) Great Disney minds... :p

The photo was straight from my MousePlanet story about places to relax in the park. :)

adriennek
06-12-2007, 10:25 AM

Third item down. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070611xx#news7)

Adrienne

kaybee2
06-12-2007, 10:27 AM
It's not "official" but Mimi's cafe has a Mimi Mouse pancake breakfast for kids I think ... we always order it as a "Minnie" pancake. I'm sure it's very different than the River Belle but it has the large circle/two ears shape.

Bytebear
06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
You can also buy the waffle maker at the coffee shop on Main Street (and I assume in World of Disney)

kares 17
06-12-2007, 11:45 AM
You can also buy the waffle maker at the coffee shop on Main Street (and I assume in World of Disney)

OH YES!! I completely forgot they sold this there!! I was looking for one recently online to no avail....Yay!! Now I'm even MORE excited for my upcoming trip (if that's even possible.) Thanks for the info!! :fez:

samkj
06-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Then you order the waffle mix used by Disney (I'm not affiliated with them in any way)
http://www.goldenmalted.com/ and you can have a bit of Disney at home every morning! We have this mix and it is simply WONDERFUL!!

Gone2Disneyland
06-12-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't know if it's the same thing, but I bought a Mickey Mouse "Waffler" at The Disney Store about three years ago. I didn't noticed the "-r" at the end of waffler, but it wouldn't've stood out in my mind anyway. Anyway, what it did was make poofy or pillowly-type pancakes of Mickey's face, not true waffles like the ones they serve at Disneyland. I was bummed. :( But on the plus side, it was on sale. :p

stan4d_steph
06-13-2007, 06:39 AM
I've had the Mickey waffles at Carnation Cafe. They were very tasty. I got them with the strawberry topping.

I used to get the silver dollar pancakes at River Belle because they didn't make as many of those ahead. That was one way I made sure mine were fresh. Too bad they got rid of them.

kares 17
06-13-2007, 10:36 AM
I've had the Mickey waffles at Carnation Cafe. They were very tasty. I got them with the strawberry topping.

A trip to Disneyland wouldn't be complete for me without a stop there! That's how I fell in love with them. :p

In the past I haven't been able to make PS reservations at the Carnation Cafe. I saw a post somewhere recently that indicated they had reservations there?? Has this changed? Does anyone know?? :confused:

Mrs Mouse
06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
This thread has made me realize that, despite arriving early enough, I've never actually eaten breakfast in the park! That's definitely changing this trip!!

acpalmer
06-13-2007, 02:46 PM
In the past I haven't been able to make PS reservations at the Carnation Cafe. I saw a post somewhere recently that indicated they had reservations there?? Has this changed? Does anyone know?? :confused:

We've been able to make PS at the Carnation Cafe the last three trips we have taken (6/06, 11/06, 3/06) with no problems. We haven't tried to make any yet for our upcoming trip, but I assume they will still do them.

Gone2Disneyland
06-13-2007, 02:53 PM
It's been my friends who've converted me to calling Disneyland Dining to make PS rezzies ahead of time, even as late as that afternoon if we plan a last-minute dinner get-together at the park. In the past year, we've called them many times to reserve seats at Carnation Café and Café Orleans. 714/781-3463.

kares 17
06-13-2007, 03:08 PM
YAHOO!!! I'm getting on the phone right now!!! :~D

ILoveDisneyMagic
06-13-2007, 07:54 PM

Thank goodness for MousePlanet... my husband thought I was crazy when I had to take pictures of the kids with their MM pancakes. Ha!! Proof that I still may be nuts, but not alone.

I like the pancakes much better than the waffles. The waffles, especially the mini ones, are usually too crunchy. I hope they don't change the menu and stop making the pancakes. DD will be so sad. That's always one of her musts!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/JessPerry_photos/S5030297.jpg

adriennek
06-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Thank goodness for MousePlanet... my husband thought I was crazy when I had to take pictures of the kids with their MM pancakes. Ha!! Proof that I still may be nuts, but not alone.

Tell your husband to stay away from cruise ships and scrapbook consultant conventions ;)

Adrienne

Gone2Disneyland
06-16-2007, 07:18 AM
This thread had me going back thru my photos to find some shots of my MM pancakes and other food shots. I posted some of them in a new set on Flickr. I'm hungry now. I need to find time to go back to the park and eat! :p

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone2disneyland/sets/72157600373678627/

evrythngwmn
06-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Great photos. Now you've made me hungry.

Merm8fan
08-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Just read that the River Belle Terrace is being refurbed while we will be visiting this weekend, and I am not sure I can make it through the day without my Mickey Mouse Pancakes!

I haven't seen pancakes anywhere else in the park (waffles, yes - but they just aren't the same) but I've honestly never had to bother looking before. Does anyone out there know if and where I can get pancakes in the park?

Thanks!