PDA

View Full Version : September 22 Olszewski release event

cstephens
08-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Disney has officially posted details of the release. (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x667676f25&varPage=home)

Jewels
08-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I am not sure how great the demand for these are. Does a release normally make for large crowds during the morning?

cstephens
08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
I am not sure how great the demand for these are. Does a release normally make for large crowds during the morning?

It's been growing, and since these are the last pieces to finish off Main Street, I do expect a crowd. However, the only effect they'll have on regular guests is in the turnstile lines to enter the park. Everyone who's there for the release will only be bolting it as far as Disneyana on Main Street, where they'll join a line or other. The rest of you normal folks will just walk by staring at us, wondering what we're in line for. ;)

Disneynerd
08-21-2007, 07:26 PM
This is so gorgeous. I'd love to start collecting his pieces, but I don't know where to begin.
Thanks for the update - I'd love to shake "Bob's" hand.:)

Jewels
08-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Well that is good to hear. And now at least we will know why all those people are in line. Thanks.

cstephens
08-22-2007, 06:54 AM
This is so gorgeous. I'd love to start collecting his pieces, but I don't know where to begin.

I suggest starting with this piece. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/olsz/ols-castle.jpg) :)

annieb727
08-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Well that is good to hear. And now at least we will know why all those people are in line. Thanks.

Yeah, I'll feel special knowing what's going on - even if I won't be interested in getting in line. Those are BEAUTIFUL! Wow...too expensive for me though - and we're already trying to downgrade all of our "stuff".

Disneynerd
08-22-2007, 07:36 AM
I suggest starting with this piece. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/olsz/ols-castle.jpg) :)it didn't work:confused:

cstephens
08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
it didn't work:confused:

We had a server problem over the weekend, so the fix might not have propagated everywhere yet. If you get a "file not found" message, just refresh, and that should fix it.

Disneynerd
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
We had a server problem over the weekend, so the fix might not have propagated everywhere yet. If you get a "file not found" message, just refresh, and that should fix it.
smile:)

HobbitFeet
08-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Late to this thread. :)

The event on the 22nd, is that ONLY for the most recent pieces?

Can you buy past pieces anytime? (as long as they aren't sold out, of course) We have a friend interested in the HM shown in your link, and she's going to be there THIS weekend...can she just buy it then?

Thanks!

rokketride
08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Odds are HM is sold out, but it wont hurt to roll into the store and ask.

cstephens
08-27-2007, 02:25 PM
The event on the 22nd, is that ONLY for the most recent pieces?

Can you buy past pieces anytime? (as long as they aren't sold out, of course) We have a friend interested in the HM shown in your link, and she's going to be there THIS weekend...can she just buy it then?

Any pieces can be bought at any time as long as they're in stock. During the August 4 release, quite a number of people bought Mansion and/or Pirates because both had been out of stock for quite some time, and they had gotten a shipment in about a week before that release.

Make sure she checks at Disneyana in DL, Off The Page in DCA and at World of Disney. All three places could have Mansion. The other thing she can do is to call Delivears. Quite a number of people bought Mansion and/or Pirates from the last restocking through Delivears as well.

cstephens
09-23-2007, 07:36 AM
http://www.colddeadfish.net/olszewski.html - I've updated the site to include a report on yesterday's release.

Click on the "latest updates" link, and then click on the link for the September 22, 2007 update, which includes information about a very poorly run release, the completed Main Street setup, extensive pictures of Peter Pan's Flight, updates on releases and re-releases of miniatures pieces, Gallery of Light pieces, heirloom boxes and new Disney pokitpals.

Thanks!

Rkkm
09-23-2007, 09:12 AM
LOVE your Disney website, Cindy! Thanks so much for all the information, as well as the obvious love and care you put into it! I have enjoyed and used it so much -- and passed it on to many others. Thanks for doing it!

Chadsgal
09-23-2007, 09:24 PM
cstephens- Thank you so much for your updates I look forward to them when ever I hear of a release event. I'll be there on Friday and I am very early in my colection. So I am hoping to pick up a couple pieces while I am down there.

disney_leonard
09-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Great report! I was one of the first to be told, after paying for both pieces, that they were out of the Adventureland gateway piece. I was able to get the Plaza Gardens piece and they found one of the accessory packs that they were out of earlier so I got one of those as well. There were at least 25 people behind me who had waited for 4 1/2 hours and were assured that they had enough pieces after two surveys asking each person how many pieces they were going to buy. They were very unhappy.

You are 100% accurate about the amnesia that is rampant in DL merchandising. I spoke with a CM who has been there for years and he said the same thing. It is like Dory from Finding Nemo is running the shop!

spectromen
09-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Cindy, it's really scary when I look forward to your reviews of something I just partook of myself, yet would prefer to hear through your words. LOL!
Thanks for writing it all out.