PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating for Blue Bayou Question

lala1486
08-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi there!

I am planning on dinner at the Blue Bayou in October and was just wondering if anyone knows any tips to get waterside seating? For a first time eating there/ birthday celebration I really think this would make it more special. I know to check in 15 minutes prior to my PS time and we will be more than willing to wait - but are there any slow times do you think for dinner? I know 11:30 is supposed to be best for lunch, but thats all my search gave me.

Thanks so much in advance!

annieb727
08-21-2007, 02:14 PM
If you want water seating, make sure to schedule the VERY first dinner slot if you're going to be there for dinner...you have to make sure it's the very first one though...if it's the second one, you will have to wait a long time.

lala1486
08-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much for the quick response annie! By any chance do you know when the first dinner slot is? Or do you think that when I call they can tell me?

neverlander
08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks so much for the quick response annie! By any chance do you know when the first dinner slot is? Or do you think that when I call they can tell me?
Although I do not know when they begin dinner service at BB, I do know that Disney dining provided me with start times for both lunch and dinner at various restaurants. I'm sure they can tell you when the first dinner PS time is offered and if it's available.
Enjoy!

DizneyMommy
08-22-2007, 05:34 AM
We ate there last week with a PS and I know this because someone in our party HAD to have a Monte Cristo which they only serve at lunch. Lunch ends at 3pm and they start serving dinner for the 3pm seatings and later.

tinkluver
08-22-2007, 07:33 AM
We usually check in approx. 20-30 minutes before our reservation time and request a waterside table. They say it'll be a wait- but we always get a table by the water. Usually by the time of our reservation time would normally be. We usually go around 2pm for lunch- Gotta have the Monte Cristo!! YUMMY!!!

danyoung
08-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Check in as far before your assigned time as possible, even if it's for the 11:30am opening. When you check in you'll get priority over others who check in for the same time, so you'll have a better chance of getting a waterside table. The only other option is to be willing to wait. Sometimes it'll take 30 to 45 minutes for a table to clear. For me it's worth it - much cooler sitting by the rail than elsewhere in the restaurant.

Good luck!

Goosegirl
08-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I just called to get our priority seatings for our trip in October. I asked for 11:30 for lunch. Yay!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
I agree with the other posters, try to get the first reservation for either lunch or dinner. And I have seen them allow people to wait for a water table, but at times they have told people it could be up to an hour and they would not allow them to leave the area and come back, they had to wait there. So it can take some time in your day.
The water tables are really nice, we had one 1 time and it was great.

lala1486
08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks very much for all the responses everyone! :D

Dlandmom
08-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I was just there. The earliest rez I could get was 5:10. I checked in half an hour early to request a waterside table, but was asked to return at 5:00 to check in and make the request then. At 5 I was told that the wait would be 45 minutes to an hour for waterside. Hope that helps!