PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil for kids

dawnz67
08-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi. We will be in Disney the week after New Years. We have 4 kids - 14, 10, 8 and 6. Any ideas for special/fun/once in a lifetime experiences? We are thinking Cirque but aren't sure if the 6 year old is too young (its a boy - in fact, all are boys except 10 year old). All others have sat through "broadway type" musicals with much success. How long does the show last? Any recommendations on seating/showtimes/dates?

scoobydooby
08-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I thought this was the most fabulous show on earth. My 6 and 8 year old however wanted to leave half way through. I couldn't believe it but there you go... They enjoyed it but said it was too long.

KJSJpipe
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't thik I would spend that kind of money on taking the kids. It's not really something most kids would sit through. Could the 14 year old watch the other three for a little while? I myself will wait untill another one of my adults only or Girls weekends to go.

wdwfamily4
08-21-2007, 03:55 PM
My kids who were 6 & 13 when we went absolutely loved the show. They both sat through the whole show, which does not have an intermission, and never once made any comment about leaving or even moved during the show, they were completely mesmerized. This show is actually designed for kids. It has a part with bikes, trampolines, and other stuff that kids enjoy.

I guess you know your own kids best and would have to decide if it was for them or not. I thought it was money well spent. My daughter keeps asking when we can go back and see it again.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Klutch
08-21-2007, 04:26 PM
While I haven't seen the show at WDW, I have seen another Cirque show live, Verikai, as well as numerous Cirque shows on television.

I think this is another case of the individual children. Kids who enjoy live spectacle, acrobats, music and dance would be thrilled with every minute of a Cirque show. Kids who find anything other than big iron coasters and first-person-shooter games to be lame would be bored stiff through a Cirque show.

There are really no bad seats at a Cirque show. Seats away from the corners would likely be preferrable. Take a look at the schedules and decide what's most convenient for your trip.

dawnz67
08-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Thanks for all the advice. I agree with everyone. It is a lot of money, my kids are small, but they do like theater-type productions. Maybe I should flip a coin?