PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Costume Help

slaght4
08-21-2007, 07:41 AM
We were just at Disneyland a few weeks ago and my son was lucky enough to get chosen for the Jedi Academy in Tommorrowland. Well now he really wants his own Jedi Robe. I know we saw some Jedi Costumes at a cart infront of Innoventions and the little store right next to the show, but I never did get over to check the price. Has anyone ever purchased one or maybe even just checked the prices? I would really appreciate it if anyone knows or can tell me how I can find out.

Malcon10t
08-21-2007, 07:44 AM
We were just at Disneyland a few weeks ago and my son was lucky enough to get chosen for the Jedi Academy in Tommorrowland. Well now he really wants his own Jedi Robe. I know we saw some Jedi Costumes at a cart infront of Innoventions and the little store right next to the show, but I never did get over to check the price. Has anyone ever purchased one or maybe even just checked the prices? I would really appreciate it if anyone knows or can tell me how I can find out.You could call Disneyland DelivEARs at 800.362.4533. They should be able to help you with this.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-21-2007, 08:19 AM
check on line
many of the halloween costume websites have jedi robes that look just like the disney model

Mostly Anonymous
08-21-2007, 08:31 AM
We were just at Disneyland a few weeks ago and my son was lucky enough to get chosen for the Jedi Academy in Tommorrowland. Well now he really wants his own Jedi Robe. I know we saw some Jedi Costumes at a cart infront of Innoventions and the little store right next to the show, but I never did get over to check the price. Has anyone ever purchased one or maybe even just checked the prices? I would really appreciate it if anyone knows or can tell me how I can find out.

If you have a sewing machine - or know anyone who sews - it's actually really easy to make a Jedi robe.

Fabric stores have plenty of patterns for making hooded robes (look in the Halloween pages of the pattern books.). Then just find some brown fabric that looks right, and follow the instructions on the pattern. A robe is super-easy - just a few big pieces of fabric. And even if you don't sew it perfectly, once it's on it looks great.

I made my husband a Jedi robe a few years ago, and it looks fantastic - he can just toss it on over regular clothes and it just screams "Jedi".

backsthepack
08-21-2007, 10:29 AM
My son is planning on being Anikan Skywalker (I am sure I spelled that wrong) for Halloween this year. I did some online research and there are tons of Jedi costumes online and none were expensive at all.

codewoman
08-21-2007, 01:04 PM
My son bought one at Star Traders in July. It was $45 I think. And just the robe. I could sew it, but I'm so busy, and he wanted to spend his "own" money on it, so that's what we did.

Same thing happened to us, Jedi Training inspired him. Before that he wanted to be Captain Jack Sparrow!

MickeyDogMom
08-21-2007, 01:21 PM
So are you looking to buy one or make one? And I assume you are just wanting the robe, not the tunic, tabard, etc.

Buying one you can get it from DL itself or just one from any costume store, it's almost Halloween time so they'll be opening soon. I'm making an "authentic" one from pics from the movies for my brother and I, and it's suprisingly detailed (So detailed that I had to make a mock up first and I messed it up). But a "fake" one is pretty easy to make. Personally the ones from DL are horrible. Elastic in the hood? :rolleyes:

MickeyDogMom
08-21-2007, 01:26 PM
My son bought one at Star Traders in July. It was $45 I think.

45$???? For that? I'd make it.

I'm sure it's marked up for Disneyland purposes, so I'd check around online.

KJSJpipe
08-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Quick and easy Jedi Robe-
Buy a cheap monk robe and split it up the front. Sew (or use iron on hem tape) the front seems and hem as needed.
I did this for DH last year and it worked out great.

slaght4
08-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Thank you all so much for your ideas. I'm not very gifted when it comes to sewing, but you make it sound soo easy. Maybe I will give it a try, what do I have to lose?

DippyDawg32
08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
http://www.degraeve.com/jedirobe/