PDA

View Full Version : How is Disneyland the week after Christmas?

Brown67
08-20-2007, 06:31 PM
We are looking at going to Disneyland the week after Christmas. From Dec. 31 to Jan. 5th. What are crowds like? Kids are still out of school and hoping Christmas decorations will still be up. I would like to go earlier, but I'm a UPS driver and can't any vactions from Thanksgiving til Christmas.

Darkbeer
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
We are looking at going to Disneyland the week after Christmas. From Jan. 31 to Jan. 5th. What are crowds like? Kids are still out of school and hoping Christmas decorations will still be up. I would like to go earlier, but I'm a UPS driver and can't take any vacations from Thanksgiving til Christmas.

I presume you meant December 31st thru January 5th.

December 31st is one of the busiest days of the year, expect to get into the park early and not leave if you want to re-enter.

As for the January, most kids are out of school thru January 6th, and last year the first week of January was very busy, not as bad as the prior week, but still as busy as a typical summer day.

Most of the Chirstmas stuff should be up thru the 6th.

Malcon10t
08-20-2007, 07:48 PM
We are looking at going to Disneyland the week after Christmas. From Dec. 31 to Jan. 5th. What are crowds like? Kids are still out of school and hoping Christmas decorations will still be up. I would like to go earlier, but I'm a UPS driver and can't any vactions from Thanksgiving til Christmas.
Dec 31st, is packed, as in do not leave the park. We will be there. We go every year. Park will reach capacity, turnstiles will close, and it will be be shoulder to shoulder. You need to be in the park by 11am. They closed the gates off and on til 530pm, then closed til 1145pm. The park stays open til 2am. Last year they even closed NOS for a while. Rides will have LINES............ You may want to consider DCA for the late afternoon/evening festivities, especially if your kids are teens (we've heard they have better bands and such.)

New Years day morning is usually VERY quiet (it gets busy again after the Rose Parade gets out.) From the 2nd on, it will improve.

Leofoenget
08-20-2007, 10:47 PM

Packed plan for heavy crowds

DisneyDustin22
08-21-2007, 06:32 AM
dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!

Malcon10t
08-21-2007, 07:48 AM
dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!
Just about! To be honest, I love NYE in the park, but for someone coming down expecting a family trip, it can really take the wind out of your sails. If you do NYE with the expectation that you won't be riding any rides, it will be packed (almost too packed to move) and from 6-7 on you stay in pretty much the land you plan on celebrating NYE in, if its better, you will enjoy!

If it rains, all bets are off. Everyone cuts out when it rains, and the park is manageable.

sunfun94
08-21-2007, 07:55 AM

I only have to words for ya.. ok, maybe 4.. Have fun and Good luck! :o)

pisces
08-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Most of the Chirstmas stuff should be up thru the 6th.

Not Santa. And, not the Carolers, either. Although, it seemed to me, the Carolers stayed pretty late, last year. I saw Carolers right up till the 29th.

You might catch Santa Clause on the 31st, but like others have said...that's a crazy day.

I've never ever seen Santa Clause on Jan 1st. They still have the reindeer, and cookie-making and Prancer's prints etc... over at that area...I imagine...till the 6th or whenever.

Last year, the special Grand Californian Santa Clause was only at the Grand Californian Hotel till Dec. 24 !!! Never saw that Santa after the 24th, and I was upset about that too. Oh well.

Malcon10t
08-21-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't think the Santas are there after the 31st. I know Beach Blast Santa is there the week after Christmas, and I thought the Santa back at Pluto's Round Up was there after Christmas.

spectromen
08-22-2007, 07:20 AM
And of course the Santa in the parade remains until the end, albeit in his "leisure wear" instead of traditional outfit.