PDA

View Full Version : From a crowd point of view, would you go in October or in November?

hawaiimom
08-20-2007, 02:38 PM
We went mid-October last year and had a great time. It was our first trip and we had cool weather and the crowds were very manageable. I was planning another trip this year for a week starting Oct 19th because my daughter has fall break the week after. But I read that IASW will have it's holiday overlay after Nov 8. We can't make a xmas trip this year so I'm trying to decide on the best time to go. I thought maybe it would be nice if we are there when they transition from the POD to the xmas parade. I love them both. My kids are young so we basically are in Fantasyland most of the time, with stops to Pooh and Jungle Cruise. And they love Bug's Land in DCA but there's never a line there anyway. Any suggestions would be great!

9volt
08-23-2007, 04:32 PM
The crowds in October and November (excluding the Thanksgiving holidays) are essentially the same. That is to say, fairly manageable, and nowhere near the crowds during the summer months. Given the choice though, I would choose November, only because the weather tends to be cooler, and I prefer the cooler weather.

Leofoenget
08-23-2007, 08:15 PM
We went mid-October last year and had a great time. It was our first trip and we had cool weather and the crowds were very manageable. I was planning another trip this year for a week starting Oct 19th because my daughter has fall break the week after. But I read that IASW will have it's holiday overlay after Nov 8. We can't make a xmas trip this year so I'm trying to decide on the best time to go. I thought maybe it would be nice if we are there when they transition from the POD to the xmas parade. I love them both. My kids are young so we basically are in Fantasyland most of the time, with stops to Pooh and Jungle Cruise. And they love Bug's Land in DCA but there's never a line there anyway. Any suggestions would be great!

Oct after the 15th or so mid week good time
Nov Mid week excluding thanksgiving holiday good time
Fri-Sat-Sun always busy

backsthepack
08-24-2007, 05:59 AM
We have always loved October. The crowds are much nicer. We went in November last year and it was pretty hectic.

DizneyMommy
08-24-2007, 06:17 AM
I always find mid-week November a teeny bit more crowded than mid-week Oct, but that's not saying much because the crowds are sooo light. It is a close enough comparison, that I'd base my decision on what you want to see more - Halloween decor or Christmas.

Darkbeer
08-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Dates to avoid.

October 5th thru the 8th, Columbus Day weekend and Gay Days, large crowds expected

October 21st, CHOC Walk (Childrens Hospital fundraiser), brings in lots of locals.

November 9th thru the 12th, Veterans Day Weekend, last year, the park hit capacity on Veterans Day, VERY busy.

November 16th thru the 25th, Peak Thanksgiving Season, large crowds every day.

hawaiimom
08-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks!
We're planning now to go October 20-26 for my daughter's fall break. And DH has agreed to go the week after Thanksgiving or first week of December (for me). I usually wouldn't space two trips so closely but this year we can't be there during Christmas week because he's working then. So now we'll get Halloween and Christmas!