PDA

View Full Version : Park Hoppper Upgrade to Deluxe AP?

Disney Donna
08-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I plan to visit DLR during Christmas week with a 5-day Park Hopper pass. Would it be possible for me to upgrade my Park Hopper pass to a Deluxe AP on my last day?

I know the Deluxe AP has black-out dates; Christmas week is a blacked-out time, of course; and I would have enjoyed the park during that time.

So -- would I be able to get away with upgrading to a Deluxe AP or will they "make" me purchase the Premium AP since that has no black-out dates?

I'm not from Southern California, by the way.

Thanks in advance for helping me on this!

Califgirl
08-20-2007, 02:17 PM
This is a very smart way to upgrade! As far as I know, you'll be able to do exactly that without any problems. Have a great trip!

Darkbeer
08-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I plan to visit DLR during Christmas week with a 5-day Park Hopper pass. Would it be possible for me to upgrade my Park Hopper pass to a Deluxe AP on my last day?

I know the Deluxe AP has black-out dates; Christmas week is a blacked-out time, of course; and I would have enjoyed the park during that time.

So -- would I be able to get away with upgrading to a Deluxe AP or will they "make" me purchase the Premium AP since that has no black-out dates?

I'm not from Southern California, by the way.

Thanks in advance for helping me on this!

Yes, and you will want to do it on your LAST day, after you have entered the parks for the last time, as there are some turnstile computer issues on the day you upgrade. You only need to upgrade to a Deluxe (an AP more expensive than the cost of the 5 day PH). No need to buy the Premium AP.

You will get full credit for the amount paid for the 5 day PH towards the price of the Deluxe AP current price. And the date of the expiration should be the date you first entered Disneyland with the PH, though on occasion the CM forgets to adjust the expiration date back a few days to the original date of entry.