PDA

View Full Version : Crab Missing Again From PotC and more...

Pages : [1] 2

vfire
08-20-2007, 09:42 AM
After being blocked out as a SoCal AP holder for the past seven weeks, I was able to go down to the park again yesterday. Some quick observations of what's changed or broken, the animatronic crab at the bottom of the second PotC drop is missing again. We may have to inquire at City Hall again as to his whereabouts....
Pinocchio himself was missing from his ride. At the first scene where he is dancing with the "girls," he's gone.
The dragonflies in the Snow White forest are now glowing again after being flying but invisible for at least a year.
The barrel tunnel in Redwood Creek is broken and closed off.
And this is an older one but one I forgot to note previously, the water/fish gas pumps in Toontown have been replaced with a red and blue barrel. A new(?) Toontown car was added next to them though.

yohomama212
08-20-2007, 11:07 AM
We rode POTC on Friday. There was a short ride closure and when the ride restarted we were boarded quickly. The first thing we noticed about the ride is that the crab was missing!

We left so late and tired I forgot to stop at City Hall to file a missing crab report!

Elizabeth

DangerMouse
08-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Has the apple been relaced outside Snow White's Scary Adventures?

Also, is Barnaby Owl and the picture screen on Splash working?

Did you notice of the rose was still missing from Alice's hand on her ride?

cynthia312
08-20-2007, 04:13 PM

I went to Disneyland on Thursday August 16 and yes, the picture screen on Splash was working.

taybug517
08-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I was there the 16th, too! Yay! The owl was working too, I believe.

shna
08-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Maybe the crab has a SoCal AP & was waiting for the post-blackout crowds to die down a bit? I'll have to look for him next week when I go.

vfire
08-20-2007, 05:38 PM

I don't think that apple is ever coming back.
Didn't get a chance to ride Alice but will take a look later this week when I go again.

PinokeFan
08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Pinocchio himself was missing from his ride. At the first scene where he is dancing with the "girls," he's gone.
That is just. so. wrong.

I'll be there in two weeks and he better be back!

NightKidsGTR
08-20-2007, 08:59 PM
I was there on the 17th and 18th, but didn't notice the crab missing. I did notice that they fixed that effect on PotC with the shadow of the guys fighting in the fortress to your 1 o'clock as you enter the large room with Barbossa and the ship.

Mickeygirlforever
08-21-2007, 02:16 PM
That is just. so. wrong.

I'll be there in two weeks and he better be back!

I agree...that's not one they could take out to hope nobody noticed. It's his ride for crying out loud!
And how come the apple's not coming back??

Exitx
08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
The crab is missing!! :eek: Sad! :crying:

That is my favorite part of PotC is that crab!

PanFan
08-22-2007, 10:31 AM
When things are missing from rides (like the crab or Pinocchio), they're just doing some routine maintenance on them. Now why the crab is again gone after being worked on not long ago I'm not sure, but maybe they tried some new technology and it's not working as well as they thought. I don't know. But I remember riding Pirates shortly before the movie additions and at different times different pirates were missing. They returned relatively quickly, as I'm sure these will. As of last week, Cleopatra wasn't in her usual spot at the entrance to Africa in IASW, but if she's not back already, she'll return soon.

Working on individual animatronics is a way to keep the attractions going so they don't have to close the whole thing. Especially during summer, that's an important thing. If something you love goes missing, give it a few weeks--it will more than likely be back, working better than ever.

As for the Snow White apple, I haven't heard one way or the other if it's coming back or not, but I know they had a lot of trouble with people trying to steal it and may be just choosing not to bring it back for a while. And regarding Alice's flowers, they may or may not be there depending on if guests decide to take them. When they are stolen, it takes a little while before we can get new ones to replace them with, but we're not going to close the ride down for that.

Vegitabeta
08-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Why don't they just nail everything down so people can't steal them? Or make them harder to reach?

PanFan
08-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Why don't they just nail everything down so people can't steal them? Or make them harder to reach?

You know, they tried that with the apple in the witch's hand when she comes around the corner in the boat, but then people just took the whole hand. So they figured easily replaceable, cheap Styrofoam was a better way to go.

Vegitabeta
08-22-2007, 12:02 PM
You know, they tried that with the apple in the witch's hand when she comes around the corner in the boat, but then people just took the whole hand. So they figured easily replaceable, cheap Styrofoam was a better way to go.
People must have an obsession with apples! lol

Bytebear
08-22-2007, 01:55 PM

And eventually they went with a hologram... very difficult to take home a projection.

Jim Dear and Darling
08-22-2007, 02:59 PM
I was there the 16th, too! Yay! The owl was working too, I believe.

Wow. Now this is something I never thought would be coming back.

Mickeygirlforever
08-23-2007, 04:06 PM
The crab is missing!! :eek: Sad! :crying:

That is my favorite part of PotC is that crab!

It's strange what us Disney folk get attatched too. First timers to the park probably don't even notice him. He is cute....I wonder if he knows he has fans in us padders?:p

darph nader
08-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I'll bet it's those darn seagulls from Nemo. Snuck over one night,when no-one was looking.;)

vfire
08-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Yesterday, the crab was back and better than ever! :)
The projection of Davy Jones looked especially sharp, I think they fixed it up; as well as someone else has mentioned the shadow fight behind the castle looks very sharp and nice now.

I hadn't been in Minnie's house for a while and noticed that the table in the kitchen with the cookie left for Mickey is gone. It looks like it became unfastened from the floor. Roger Rabbit was down so the lines for Gadget Go's Coaster was really long.

Great day in the park as always though...

yohomama212
08-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Yesterday, the crab was back and better than ever! :)
The projection of Davy Jones looked especially sharp, I think they fixed it up; as well as someone else has mentioned the shadow fight behind the castle looks very sharp and nice now.

Yeah, we noticed all that. Along with the dresses that Jack is hiding behind have changed again!!! Very nice in there!

Elizabeth

PanFan
08-25-2007, 02:52 PM
And eventually they went with a hologram... very difficult to take home a projection.

Yes, the one just before the dwarfs climbing the cliff scene is a hologram, but the one that I was referring to is the one in the boat as you're coming around the corner out of the castle and into the forest. That one is still Styrofoam.

When I worked on Wednesday, Pinocchio was back but the dancing girl on the left was out. She's probably back by now, but I haven't checked.

I was happy to see the return of the Take Me Along crocodile in Splash. It was the first time I'd seen him back since before it went down for rehab earlier this year.

shna
08-29-2007, 09:41 AM
I waved to the POTC crab yesterday for the MousePad peeps. :p

Vegitabeta
08-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Yay!:)

MauiMickey
09-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Me, too!! :D

Thursday of this week the pirate with all the hats was removed, and as of Friday night, he hadn't been returned. Hopefully he'll be back trying to balance between the dock and the boat, soon.