PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary in Disneyland

mommyof4
08-20-2007, 07:07 AM
I know that there is stuff to do for birthdays but is there anything for anniversaries? I want to plan something special for hubby .
Thanks

Malcon10t
08-20-2007, 07:20 AM
I know that there is stuff to do for birthdays but is there anything for anniversaries? I want to plan something special for hubby .
Thanks
Anything you can do for a birthday can be done for an anniversary. You can get the anniversary buttons, CMs say Happy Anniversary, etc...

I would recommend a tour or Riverside seating for Fantasmic!

annieb727
08-20-2007, 07:41 AM
We did our anniversary at DL a couple of years ago...it was a lot of fun. We bought the bride and groom mickey ears...people congratulating us all over (I think they thought we were newlyweds, but that's ok - we're celebrating our marriage!). We also did a couple of tours and fantasmic seating...that was a lot of fun too!

mommyof4
08-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Anything you can do for a birthday can be done for an anniversary. You can get the anniversary buttons, CMs say Happy Anniversary, etc...

I would recommend a tour or Riverside seating for Fantasmic!

Thank you . What kind of tours are there? I think the seating for Fantasmic would be cool except it is also with our 4 kids lol

mommyof4
08-20-2007, 07:59 AM
We did our anniversary at DL a couple of years ago...it was a lot of fun. We bought the bride and groom mickey ears...people congratulating us all over (I think they thought we were newlyweds, but that's ok - we're celebrating our marriage!). We also did a couple of tours and fantasmic seating...that was a lot of fun too!

Thank you . That is so cute with bride and groom mickey ears .

jazzysmom
08-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Oh,we are going for our anniversary too (Honeymooned in DL 14 years ago). Where do you get the button from?

Malcon10t
08-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Oh,we are going for our anniversary too (Honeymooned in DL 14 years ago). Where do you get the button from?City Hall or the sign in the hub where they post wait times.

Tours: Walk in Walts Footsteps is a great one.

cstephens
08-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I want to plan something special for hubby.

Dinner at Napa Rose.

yohomama212
08-20-2007, 11:03 AM
We went for our anniversary this year, got the buttons at City Hall, then rode the DLRR around the park. The CM saw our pins and after a couple stops, we got to ride in the Lilly Bell!

Elizabeth

cwhit45
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
My wife and I have had our anniversary every year that we have been married. Ok, this is only our fourth year, but be make sure that it happens every time. We always have our anniversary dinner at the Blue Bayou on the water's edge.

chiefyouth
08-20-2007, 08:03 PM
We just got back from our 10 year anniversary trip. As others have recommended, do the buttons. It is so much fun the recognition. We also did the Bayou. The jambalaya was great (we split the plate).

We stayed in the DLH and had an awesome time. I ordered my wife a robe with her name monogrammed on it. It was laying on the bed when we got there. We also had a bottle of sparkling cider delivered (we are not wine people). That night, they had turned down the bed with rose petals and a single red rose on it, a long with 2 bottles of water (cool extra). Vacation planning set this up. She told me it was the honeymoon turn down service. Our trip started 2 days before our anniversary, so on the night of our actual day, I had chocolate covered strawberries delivered. I don't eat them, they were for her. She said they were the best she has ever had. Also, all other nights they had turned the bed and left chocolates for us. I don't know if it was because I tipped housekeeping or because I made a point to tell VP about our anniversary.

To be honest, I don't know how much I paid for and what was given. Best as I can tell, the only things I definitely paid for were the robe, the cider, and the strawberries. So best rule of thumb is make sure VP knows about it. I actually talked to the same person several times while setting this up. Her name was Karen Kim. She did an absolutely awesome job.

mommyof4
08-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. It is hard to make plans for a fancy restaurant with four young kids . I think i might try to do the goofys breakfast as h had mentioned that one character breakfast other then that not sure but i know i would sure love some of those chocolate covered strawberries lol. We will not be staying at the on site hotels so nothing will be too fancy. Does anyone know if i call a hotel they will put a balloons or something special in the room , if i have to pay i will that is no problem,??
We both promised each other that we will not buy each other gifts for our anniversary and also our birthdays, which are both within 10 days of our anniversary, the trip is considered the gifts

sunfun94
08-21-2007, 08:05 AM
It depends on the hotel.. but I think that there are small companies out there that will have it ready for you like in wdw.. If not give me a call and I would be privilidged to get it all together for ya! (I love doing that type of stuff!)

My Dh and I dined at Naples restorate (sp?) on one of our DLR anniversaries and it was quite nice and it was pretty kid friendly.. nice atmosphere .. especially when you sit outside! :o)

Happy Anniversary!

cstephens
08-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. It is hard to make plans for a fancy restaurant with four young kids.

Oh. Never mind on Napa Rose then.

annieb727
08-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. It is hard to make plans for a fancy restaurant with four young kids . I think i might try to do the goofys breakfast as h had mentioned that one character breakfast other then that not sure but i know i would sure love some of those chocolate covered strawberries lol. We will not be staying at the on site hotels so nothing will be too fancy. Does anyone know if i call a hotel they will put a balloons or something special in the room , if i have to pay i will that is no problem,??
We both promised each other that we will not buy each other gifts for our anniversary and also our birthdays, which are both within 10 days of our anniversary, the trip is considered the gifts

It might be a special thing if you got childcare for a few hours - went out to dinner - and maybe a couple of rides together. The Fullerton Childcare agency is great - they come to your hotel room - we've used them before and are using them again on this trip - we'll be there over dh's birthday and we're going to spend a day at Knott's berry farm without the kiddos (they're too small to enjoy all the cool rides there). We're also doing a late lunch at Blue Bayou without the kids - and a few rides we can't normally ride together - we're going to collect some FP with all tickets in the AM, and then on our date, we'll be able to go on Screaming, Soarin', ToT, Space Mtn, Splash, BTMRR, and Indy together - or so we hope!

Petersgj
08-21-2007, 08:54 AM
We had our honeymoon at Disneyland 14 years ago. On out 10th anniversary we had an artist paint our portrait in New Orleans square. Very nice keepsake. We plan to do the same thing for our 15th anniversary next year.

I didn't know about the anniversary buttons, we'll have to do that as well.

Disney Resort
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
As the crowds wait for the fireworks show, a couple of times I've seen cast members guarding the front of the castle allow a guy and his girlfriend to go past the ropes to let him propose in front of the castle. Obviously, she had no idea what was going on until he dropped to one knee.
I'm sure you could "secretly" ask one of the cast members to allow you past the ropes to propose to your husband that way. I think they get a big kick out of every couple that does that. And you have to admit, he would sure be surprised to have that happen.

nvmom
08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
We just celebrated our 15th wedding Anniv with a trip Aug 19-21... just got home early this morning. We snuck away... our kids thought we were going to Lake Tahoe... for 2 nights and 3 days. I must say, without your children, it's a like a diff place. Not better or worse, just different.

The buttons were really fun. We also took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour... which we enjoyed very much.

nvmom

mommyof4
08-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you everyone i sure enjoy your ideas .
About the baby sitter that will be a no as i don't let anyone other then family, and that is not that often , look after the kids lol. I can never be to trustfull of anyone but that is just me and also i want it to be a family day so it has to include the kids , hubby and i can have our time once kids are sleeping, maybe wathc a movie or something . Still want to do something special but if it is going somewhere ist has to be kid friendly.

bukah
08-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Does anyone know if this works for non-married couples as well? We are planning to go to disneyland for our 7 year anniversary this november and would love to do this "extra" something special for my boyfriend.

couchlady
09-02-2007, 07:15 AM
It's my understanding that there is Disney sponsored childcare at the Grand Californian. They have crafts, movies, etc., and for an additional fee, the kids can eat dinner there. I think it's mostly a night thing. I'd call the hotel to get more info. I'm planning on using it for my 20th anniverary in December.

HopeTrust N PixieDust
09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know if this works for non-married couples as well? We are planning to go to disneyland for our 7 year anniversary this november and would love to do this "extra" something special for my boyfriend.
I hope so! I don't see why it wouldn't work for non-married couples. We'll also be there in November (the 17th) to celebrate our 7 year anniversary with my boyfriend. Congrats to you guys! :)

adriennek
09-05-2007, 05:36 PM
It's my understanding that there is Disney sponsored childcare at the Grand Californian. They have crafts, movies, etc., and for an additional fee, the kids can eat dinner there. I think it's mostly a night thing. I'd call the hotel to get more info. I'm planning on using it for my 20th anniverary in December.

There are a few restrictions to note about this service:

1- It's restricted to DL resort hotel guests only. GCH guests can make reservations in advance. DLH and PPH guests can make same-day reservations if there is room available. Off-property guests may not use the service.

2- It's restricted by age. It is available to guests ages 5 to 12-years-old.

ETA - yes, it's only open in the evenings. The meal is an additional charge/service.

Adrienne