PDA

View Full Version : Birthday in Disneyland question

Thorman
08-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey all, we are heading down to D'land on Oct 16th and will be celebrating my niece's 6th birthday. Does Disneyland do anything special if you tell them at the gates that it is a birthday? Special passes or anything?

Thanks

Malcon10t
08-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey all, we are heading down to D'land on Oct 16th and will be celebrating my niece's 6th birthday. Does Disneyland do anything special if you tell them at the gates that it is a birthday? Special passes or anything?

Thanks
Go to City Hall and they will give her a birthday button. Everyone will wish her a happy birthday. No special passes though.

stitchlvr
08-19-2007, 03:31 PM

Thanks

Not at the gates, but you should make your first stop City Hall for a birthday button. She can get a happy birthday phone call from Goofy there too.

Basically, she will get special treatment in the fact that CM's and others too will be wishing her a Happy Birthday all day.

There is a birthday celebration at the Plaza Inn that you have to pay for. My 10 year old hated it, but the 6 year old we were with loved it.

You can also get a free package of tortillas in the tortilla factory at DCA (unless they are running low- they were on my birthday)

disneyfan4ever54
08-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Here is a link to a list of things to to at DLR for a birthday. (Some are already listed above). The birthday sticker is now a button as previously mentioned. One special thing that we did for my DS's birthday in May was to ask the driver of the monorail if my DS could ride up front with him. It doesn't have to be a birthday to do this, but it was one extra thing that made him feel special on his birthday!:)

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm050412lp

tripodjw
08-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Here is a link to a list of things to to at DLR for a birthday. (Some are already listed above). The birthday sticker is now a button as previously mentioned. One special thing that we did for my DS's birthday in May was to ask the driver of the monorail if my DS could ride up front with him. It doesn't have to be a birthday to do this, but it was one extra thing that made him feel special on his birthday!:)

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm050412lp

I have a related query (the article is great but isn't quite enough on this) and i didn't see the point of a new thread

It’s my husband’s 40th just before we go to DLR in November (the trip is his surprise birthday present) and I was thinking of booking one of the kiddies birthday celebrations – does anyone have any recommendations for a big kid at heart on his first trip to a US Disney. I was thinking Pat-E-Cake might be too much for an adult – but is the birthday bucket exciting/embarrassing enough?

If it's any help it's just the two of us.

And don’t worry I’m fully intending on making him wear a birthday button for at least one of the days we are in DLR.