PDA

View Full Version : Cirque Du Soleil seating

candynco
08-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Has anyone sat in the catergory 3 section and can tell me how well you could see the show? I would like to save some money.:)

Candy

Iceman
08-19-2007, 11:17 AM
No, but I do recommend you don't try to save money in this way. CDS is a wonderful show and it's not that much more expensive to get a good view, which I would think would greatly enhance the experience. Think of it this way--if you could fly first class on an airplane for only 10% more than coach, wouldn't you?

candynco
08-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks Iceman! Now I have spent another $300 plus dollars on seats! :D Its only money, right? I'm sure we'll love it!

Disney World Vacation $6500 and counting!

Candy

THpoohbear
08-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Candy,

I saw the Cirque show at WDW last November. First and only time seeing it. I too wanted to save some money, and on the recommendation of many others on mousepad and other forums I bought category 2 seats. The theater is smallish, and we had a GREAT view of everything! We were right in the center, but towards the back. I appreciated being a little further back so we could take in everything that was happening on stage.

Opinions will vary, but I think you will do just fine in category 2 or 3. I did enjoy being in the center, which category 3 does not offer. But looking around the theater when I was there, I thought to myself that any seat was a good one. :) Let us know what you decide!

Perhaps others have personal category 3 experience?

ETA - I guess you already bought tickets. nevermind...

frdeb1999
08-19-2007, 03:06 PM
We had cat 2 and the view was fantastic. I honestly don't believe there are any "bad" seats anywhere. The show is something you will never forget. It was great and we loved every min of it. You won't be wasting your money no matter what seats you choose!! Hope you have a wonderful time!!:)

jcruise86
08-19-2007, 05:10 PM
. . . Disney World Vacation $6500 and counting! . . .
Wow! I was horrified to read that, till I remembered that I own stock in Disney.

candynco
08-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, we are staying 2 weeks at POR and flying from Seattle so that is why its so expensive. And its 3 adults.

Airfare $1136
Disney vacation package w/ dining $4365
Pirates and Princess party $125
La Nouba tickets $310
Lunch w/ Disney Imagineer $180? =$6100

Still need to pay for Universal Studios, IOA, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center
rental car
And that doesn't include supplies and clothes we purchased and all of the other stuff one buys on vacation!

I should buy Disney stock!

Candy

Kwahati
08-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Sounds like you're going to have a great time! My one piece of advice: drop the Kennedy Space Center from your itinerary. I was honestly very dissappointed in the experience there. It's just like a theme park, but without fun, learning, or anything else you might associate with a theme park (except crowds and high prices!) If you decide you really do want to see it once, at least don't get conned into any of their special "behind the scenes/restricted access" tours. A couple hours on a hot smelly bus looking at old, disused launch sites from no closer than a football field away is not all that enjoyable...

If you get a chance to make it to DC ever, though, I highly recommend the Kennedy Center. It's just like the other, only more theater and less outer space! :D

candynco
08-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Interesting. I'm not that excited about it but my husband is. He thought it would be cool. We wanted to see the Atlantic ocean. Any cool places to see there?

Candy