PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Cokes!

Pages : [1] 2

chalkboy8
07-11-2002, 07:23 AM
Do they still serve strawberry cokes at the Carnation Ice Cream Parlour in Main Street?

RStar
07-11-2002, 09:41 AM
What the heck is a Strawberry Coke?

chalkboy8
07-11-2002, 09:42 AM
Its like a cherry coke but with strawberry.

Rallymonkey23
07-11-2002, 10:08 AM
No offence to you chalkboy..... But that sounds really nasty.

Kayoss
07-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Well considering that the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor doesn't exist anymore, I'm not too sure. ;)

tikiboy
07-11-2002, 10:50 AM
Sadly, they don't make the flavored sodas anymore.

But then again, it's also sad they closed the old Carnation.

GongFishuang
07-11-2002, 10:53 AM
I believe you can still get some in The hungry bear saloon

Not Afraid
07-11-2002, 11:00 AM
You can still get Cherry Cokes at Coke Corner (blahblahblah) but that's the only flavor.

tikiboy
07-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
You can still get Cherry Cokes at Coke Corner (blahblahblah) but that's the only flavor.

Ohhhh, that's just not the same!!!!:)

At Carnation we would take a squirt of whatever flavor the person wanted and then mix it with regular coke. The flavors were:

vanilla
cherry
strawberry
root beer
banana

We didn't have to refill the banana pump very often.:confused:

chalkboy8
07-11-2002, 11:33 AM
This is another example of how the Disney has changed from the days o' yore. Its another example of the Mouse keeping me down.

RStar
07-11-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by tikiboy

Ohhhh, that's just not the same!!!!:)

At Carnation we would take a squirt of whatever flavor the person wanted and then mix it with regular coke. The flavors were:

vanilla
cherry
strawberry
root beer
banana

We didn't have to refill the banana pump very often.:confused:

Well isn't that something? I never knew. Know I know what they were talking about when they were saying they could get Vanilla Coke before it was on the market.:)

GoldenEars
07-11-2002, 02:58 PM
You haven't had a Coke until you've had a chocolate Coke! Now those are REALLY yummy! :D

Patrick

StuDeedooo
07-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Before Coca~Cola started selling the stuff this year we made our own.

Shot of Rum, cap of Vanilla Extract, ice and soda...a "VCR"...YUMMY! Vanilla Cokes with a kick!

Then Whalers started selling Vanilla Rum, killed a bottle one night after the races at Calistoga just passing it around, lmao. Liquid candy!

Not too sure about Chocolate Coke, lol, makes me kinda ill just thinkin about it...

GoldenEars
07-11-2002, 03:26 PM
No No No...chocolate Cokes are awesome! Just pour some chocolate syrup into a glass and then pour a nice cold Coke into it. Stir, add some ice and you've got yourself a yummy drink!

Even tho I wasn't born in the 50's (or close to it), it's such a 50's style drink. Let me know what you think...

Patrick:D

LPnerd
07-11-2002, 03:38 PM
OMG, I haven't had a choclate coke in years! In fact, I don't think
my 12 yr. old has ever had 1.
I can't believe carnation is gone. Coming back this sept. for the 1st. time in 26 years!!!!I was looking forward to it.Had a vanilla coke on the way in and a choc. one on the way out! Where do you get ice cream now? I HAVE to have this info asap. My husbands e-mail is ," needsicecream". Does that sum it up for y'all? LOL.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-11-2002, 03:40 PM
. . . the things I miss from the old Carnation Main St. Ice Cream Parlor would be
(1) vanilla milkshakes so strong you could smell 'em coming,
(2) the "Snow White" sundae (a scoop of vanilla with caramel sauce, and a scoop of strawberry with marshmallow sauce; I always ordered it "female" [figure it out for yourself!]),
(3) breakfast, and
(4) the "Motorman's Delight" steak sandwich.

Personally, I've never understood the appeal of drinking or snorting the residue left from distillation of coal ("What's that? Not that kind of coke? It's what? But if you snorted that, wouldn't you get bubbles stuck in your sinuses? Oh, that's still another kind of coke? Uh, nevermind").

blusilva
07-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by LPnerd
Where do you get ice cream now? I HAVE to have this info asap. My husbands e-mail is ," needsicecream". Does that sum it up for y'all? LOL.

Gibson Girl is the ice cream place on Main Street, but my favorite place is the little shop at the end of the alleyway off of Main Street. Their "Streetcar Sundae" is DIVINE! They aren't always open in the off season, but I think Sept. before labor day still qualifies as "summer" season, so your chances are good if you go early in the month!

mousey_girl
07-11-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
. . . the things I miss from the old Carnation Main St. Ice Cream Parlor would be
(1) vanilla milkshakes so strong you could smell 'em coming,
(2) the "Snow White" sundae (a scoop of vanilla with caramel sauce, and a scoop of strawberry with marshmallow sauce; I always ordered it "female" [figure it out for yourself!]),
(3) breakfast, and
(4) the "Motorman's Delight" steak sandwich.

Personally, I've never understood the appeal of drinking or snorting the residue left from distillation of coal ("What's that? Not that kind of coke? It's what? But if you snorted that, wouldn't you get bubbles stuck in your sinuses? Oh, that's still another kind of coke? Uh, nevermind").

LOL! When I make fudge for Christmas I ask the recipient if they want girl fudge or boy fudge.

Not Afraid
07-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by LPnerd
Where do you get ice cream now? I HAVE to have this info asap. My husbands e-mail is ," needsicecream". Does that sum it up for y'all? LOL.

Blusilva mentioned the main two in DL, Gibson Girl and the Cone Shop. I love them both, but there are a few others on the boards that I know of (cemeinke and stan4dsteph) that would probably fall to pieces if Burrbank Ice Cream did not exist. BurrBank is over in DCA, and if you are planning to visit that park, leave lots of room for a Steaming Chocolate or one of their other delictable sundaes.

Stephanie, have you had your ice cream today???:D

stan4d_steph
07-11-2002, 09:52 PM
No I have not. All I've got in the freezer is some terrible Fat-Free store brand awfulness. Bleech! I was misled by the name "Chocolate Chunk. " I was expecting something like chocolate chip, but there are no chunks in it at all. :( I need to go to the store and get a pint!

Burrrrrrrrrrbank rocks!

Strawberry Station! yummy!

cemeinke
07-11-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl

Originally posted by mousey_girl
LOL! When I make fudge for Christmas I ask the recipient if they want girl fudge or boy fudge.

OK maybe I'm a bit too naive for these boards, but exactly how does one determine the gender of one's dessert?

Anyone care to PM me and save me from my public embarrasment?
:( :confused:

MouseWife
07-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Hey, I am naive {or so I feel it quite often} but I actually got this one. It is too funny and too simple. Don't be embarressed, it is just like when you order a sundae.

Would you like that with nuts, or without?

DisneylandBoy
07-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife

OH! I didn't get it, but now I do! That's funny! :D

Rallymonkey23
07-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke

OK maybe I'm a bit too naive for these boards, but exactly how does one determine the gender of one's dessert?

Anyone care to PM me and save me from my public embarrasment?
:( :confused:

I'm with you on this one cemeinke..... Someone PM me with the details of this please. :confused:

NOTE: NEVERMIND someone already posted the answer while I was reading/posting.

Not Afraid
07-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife

OOOOOooohhhhhhh! I had this whole theory of how Cherries were involved. Leave it to my brain!:rolleyes: