PDA

View Full Version : Disneyana show

netnet
07-11-2002, 06:37 AM
Just saw on this site that a Disneyana show will be going on not far from the park on July 21. How do you think this will affect the crowds the week of July 22? I'm arriving the 22nd, leaving the 25th.

hmbldr
07-11-2002, 06:55 AM
The majority of those that go to the convention are those that already go to the park on a regular basis. So the impact is minimal. I used to attend them, they were great. But I don't get out to the West coast often anymore. You might want to check it out if you have the chance.

MouseWife
07-11-2002, 09:29 AM
Hey, to those of you who live up north from me, up by Monterey, Seaside. On our way out to Monterey, not too far from it, there was this barn like building, set up with a swap meet of sorts. It looked like something that happens all of the time {?}.

Anywho, it had a sign up 'Disneyana'. Of course, no one else wanted to stop.

Does anyone know what this is about? Don't know all of the freeway numbers. Came from the 99, heading west. I think we passed Fort Ord, but I don't remember if it was before or after this place.

Kills me that I don't have a clue. :confused:

Hope this stayed enough on topic? :(

AVP
07-11-2002, 10:07 AM
I just passed this on the 101 South, heading towards SLO from San Jose. I wanted to stop, but I didn't think hobbling around a big ol' barn on my freshly twisted ankle was a great idea. Maybe next trip!

AVP

PinkFloyd
07-11-2002, 10:17 AM
I have seen this too! I hope someone has more info on this so I can determine if it will be worth it to take 101 instead of 5 when I head down to DL on Thursday.

MouseWife
07-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Yes, anyone with any information on this place I would love to hear!!!

And, to know if it is only up on weekends. It was a Sunday when I passed.

AVP, I think we just crossed paths on our recent vacations!! I visited briefly with Gemini Cricket at the Aquarium on Monday July 1st. He said {I think it as y'all} were up the day before!! The day before I went we were walking all over that area. {by Bubba Gumps, and those stores and such} We stayed at the Embassy Suites on Seaside.

Sounds like you are just getting home from your trip. We returned the 3rd.

Sorry to hear about the twisted ankle. Take care of yourself and maybe another time.

MouseWife

netnet
07-11-2002, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hmbldr
[So the impact is minimal.

Thanks for the info. I would love to try to visit, but it's not likely as I will have family with me who intend to sleep, eat and drink, DL the whole time :).