PDA

View Full Version : Early Admission?

Geneva
08-17-2007, 08:44 PM
How do we get early admission? Does it just come with the 3-Day and longer Park Hopper tickets? We were just going to order 2-day hoppers from the Gay Days site, but now we're wondering if the 3-day hoppers from that site come with the early admission bonus, and whether it might not be worth the money. Does anyone know?And do the 2-day hoppers definitely NOT come with an early admission?

leota's necklace
08-19-2007, 12:18 PM
As they are discount tickets, the Gay Day tix do NOT provide EE. If you stay at a Resort hotel, you still get to use the benefit regardless of your ticket type.

Geneva
08-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm so glad I asked this before purchasing them! With the Nemo lines so long, I've heard EE is pretty much the only way to ride without waiting in line for 90+ minutes.

So now I need to know whether there is any way to get discount tickets that include EE. Just today I booked a reservation at HoJo's, where I'm not sure they sell discount Park Hoppers, instead of CCI where I saw that they were selling them for $20 off. Is it worth changing my reservation to CCI for this? Is there any other way to get cheaper Hoppers than they sell at the Disney site?

Thanks!

emmah
08-19-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't know about the "cheaper" part of your question but the 3 day+ parkhoppers you buy at good neighbour hotels definitely come with EE.

also - you could look at other threads but I don't believe it is true that EE is the best way to see Nemo. As I understand, almost everyone says NOT to waste EE on Nemo but rather to use it to see all the FL rides instead while everyone else queues for Nemo. The better strategy seems to be to ride Nemo on a non-EE day - heading straight for the queue (going round the Matterhorn via the FL side rather than the tomorrowland side and then having to walk all the way back to the beginning of the queue-system) at park opening....

danyoung
08-20-2007, 07:10 AM
^^^^^ You still have to be pretty quick to make that strategy work. I'm not one to run to my first attraction, but I walked pretty quickly, and still found that a 60 minute queue had already formed by the runners. From everything I"ve read, the best trick is to get in line just before closing, when the wait is around 45 minutes or so.

disneydana
08-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Corrent. Nemo is not an EE attraction. Folks will get in line for it, but even if you are fist in line, you will have to wait 60 minutes for the attraction to open.

momto3princesses
08-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Just got back yesterday. Nemo is cute but not worth waiting more than an hour for. Lines were 2 to 4 hours long when we were there. We did ride (one hour wait) first thing Wednesday morning (we didn't know that EE was only on certain days..... ugh!) Got in the gates with maybe ten people in front of us in line, and high tailed it to Nemo (didn't run, and had three kids so quick as that can go).

And they had the right hand side of the Matterhorn roped off with CMs directing also - so you had to go to the left side. Line actually went pretty quickly - would have been 30 minutes if the ride hadn't shut down due to technical difficulty. They had a ton of guys out working on it.

annieb727
08-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Corrent. Nemo is not an EE attraction. Folks will get in line for it, but even if you are fist in line, you will have to wait 60 minutes for the attraction to open.

I heard that it IS an EE attraction - along with most of FL, Buzz, and Space.:confused:

Malcon10t
08-20-2007, 08:01 AM
I heard that it IS an EE attraction - along with most of FL, Buzz, and Space.:confused:
It is, but it isn't always up. It depends on how maintenance that night went. Go on a non-EE day.

amarvel
08-20-2007, 09:49 AM
the first week of august nemo was an EE ride..... i thought it was part of EE... but either way i wouldnt waste your EE on it, we had to run to the ride, and we were 2nd in line and it took 8 minutes to walk to to the ride, then ride it, we were still only able to get on a 2nd ride at 8:40 and we were the 2nd in line! no wait!

Darkbeer
08-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Currently Disneyland is not guaranteeing any attraction to be part of Early Entry (to be renamed Magic Mornings starting in 2008), the official wording is "During Early Entry, select attractions and store locations are open."

So you MIGHT find Nemo open for EE, as mentioned above, it all depends on what the Maintenance teams got done, and still need to do.

T&Rshep
08-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Has anyone tried to take the first monorail from DD to get in line for Nemo? I'm curious to see what plan works best.

Malcon10t
08-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Has anyone tried to take the first monorail from DD to get in line for Nemo? I'm curious to see what plan works best.Remember, most mornings the monorail is reserved for hotel guests for the first few trains. And, if you don't make the first train, you won't get in til 10-15 minutes after park opening.

T&Rshep
08-22-2007, 06:03 PM
I used this plan during the 50th on 7/17 and it worked great (hotel guest of course). I don't mind waisting an EE for it because it's high on my agenda. But in this case, running (yuck) from the main gate seems to work best from what I've been reading.