PDA

View Full Version : AP Renewal Discounts

cyby
08-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Are there any AP renewal discounts? My friends who have APs at WDW told me that they have all kinds of discounts. Thanks!

Darkbeer
08-17-2007, 02:54 PM
The current offers.

A Deluxe or Premium AP gets $20 off if the renew prior to their expiration date (30 day window).

SoCal and SoCal Select AP olders pay full price, but get a $10 Disney gift card as a reward for renewing in the same time period, if they opt to renew by mail or online. (No gift if renewed at the park)

Infinitely
08-17-2007, 03:15 PM
As luck would have it, I just recieved my renewal notice in the mail. $20 off each AP and 20% off my next purchase at selected Disney merchandise locations throughout the resort (restrictions apply)

JamesDL
08-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Be sure to check out my guide on buying APs.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=76271

Jewels
08-17-2007, 07:51 PM
The current offers.

A Deluxe or Premium AP gets $20 off if the renew prior to their expiration date (30 day window).

Does anyone know if you still get the $20 discount if you downgrade an AP when you renew? We have a Premium but have decided we just don't need it anymore and when it is up in November will just renew as a Deluxe. Not too big of a deal but it would be nice to save an extra $40.

Malcon10t
08-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Does anyone know if you still get the $20 discount if you downgrade an AP when you renew? We have a Premium but have decided we just don't need it anymore and when it is up in November will just renew as a Deluxe. Not too big of a deal but it would be nice to save an extra $40.
Yes, as long as you stay with the deluxe or premium you get the discount.

Malcon10t
08-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Be sure to check out my guide on buying APs.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=76271Be aware your "guide" has MANY flaws. Can it work, yes. Can you be scammed, yes. Can Disney refuse to honor the ticket, yes. Be cautious using this so called "guide".

JamesDL
08-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Be aware your "guide" has MANY flaws. Can it work, yes. Can you be scammed, yes. Can Disney refuse to honor the ticket, yes. Be cautious using this so called "guide".

Out of curiosity how? Maybe I am missing something and I would not want to give out bad advice.
However, my family and friends have all done this this year and never had a problem. (I would say a total of 10+ people did this).
Actually a Disneyland CM was the person who recommended it to us in order to save money. Of course we bought from people on ebay who have excellent feedback (Common Sense). The CMs who upgraded never gave us any problem. Just told them as the CM had told us to just go up to the ticket booth and just tell them you want to upgrade your parkhopper ticket to an AP. He even said if they *did* give you a hard time (which they were always super friendly to help out), just tell them that you were given them by someone else (the truth).

Not sure what you mean, thanks in advance for any info! :confused: