PDA

View Full Version : New set of Anaheim Garden Walk plans and tenants is now available

Darkbeer
08-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Found a new set of leasing plans has been placed on the Anaheim Garden Walk site.

http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/leasingplans.html (http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/leasingplans.html)

Now in color, and lists more tenants, including an AMF Bowling Center and a U.S. Olympics Shop.

Another Dimension
08-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I knew the Garden Walk was coming...
Slowly but surely... but I knew it was still coming along.

It may be shocking to some, but it actually takes years to design, plan, create, build and fill a major entertainment and resort complex with tenants, sponsors and clients. In the real world.

Small minds on the internet, as usual; took to mindlessly slamming the Garden Walk project in their typically ignorant flippant ways as it was coming along these past several years. Which is nothing new... :|

Yet soon even the long time Anaheim Garden Walk haters will be able spend more time there than the people who will actually love the place... more than likely.

The DCA Syndrome. :rolleyes:

Bytebear
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Looks like there will be a lot more dining choices in the area, but I wonder how many people will chose to leave the resort area to eat there. Will the walking distance be too much for the Disneyland attendant? Also, I hear Downtown Disney is planning an expansion. What will that bring?

Darkbeer
08-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Looks like there will be a lot more dining choices in the area, but I wonder how many people will chose to leave the resort area to eat there. Will the walking distance be too much for the Disneyland attendant? Also, I hear Downtown Disney is planning an expansion. What will that bring?

Depends on the group.

AGW has stated their number one market is the convention crowd, and looking at the medium to high end restaurants on Katella, that is what they are trying to get.

But on the other hand, the walk to AGW is about the same as to DtD for many of the off-property hotels.

And some folks, like GCH guests will be drawn to places like Roy's for a meal, and then hopefully go shopping afterwards.

I think the DLH and PPH guests will be the hardest to get, unless AGW can find a way to get a shuttle stop on Disneyland Drive near the hotels.

But that is a small percentage of possible tourists staying in the area, and then add locals driving to Disneyland and can easily stop at AGW on their way to or from Disneyland, plus the fact that many locals will just come to the area to shop and dine, and get entertained in the complex without even stepping foot onto Disney owned property, and I think you will see some healthy numbers when AGW opens.

olegc
08-17-2007, 01:04 PM
I think AGW will win over many folks who stay off-resort - especially on the East side. If I have to walk all the way across the esplanade from my hotel, go through Bag Check, then through many shops to get to two of the most popular restaurants (ESPNZone and Rainforest) then I might as well stay on my side of Anaheim... The perception of walking and seeing many choices - as opposed to the bus depot and the esplanade, will make folks think that AGW is a better option.

BTW - are any of thes restaurants going to offer 2nd floor balcony or window seating facing northwest to ward Disneyland? Instant premium for Fireworks show..