PDA

View Full Version : What time do the various lands open?

Disney Donna
08-17-2007, 10:01 AM
A few questions:
(1) Which lands are open for EE?
(2) What time do the other lands open? For example, I think Toontown doesn't open to the general public until an hour later? Also, I was there one time when Adventureland didn't open until later?
Thanks!

yellowrosedtxn
08-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Generally the only "land" that is open for EE is Fantasyland. BUT I have read where Nemo is open and a few things in Tomorrowland.

Toontown doesn't usually open until an hour after the whole park opens.

Adventure/Frontierland usually opens when the park officially opens.

So if EE is at 8:00, then Fantasyland and part of Tomorrowland is open.

Park opens at 9:00, then Frontierland/Adventureland/Tomorrowland opens.

10:00, Toontown opens.

Now, I could be wrong, and if so someone will correct me, but I THINK that is right.

Darkbeer
08-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Early Entry has Fantasyland and Tomorrowland open , with "Select attractions and store locations are open" (Quote from the current CM reference guide). That is most of the Fantasyland rides, and selected Tomorrowland attractions.

Main Street is open, basically to just allow you to get to the hub. There are ropes and security at the Adventureland, Fronteirland, Plaza Gardens and the Big Thunder Trail entrances. So you can enter thru the castle, the parade route near the Matterhorn or the Tomorrowland entrance.

Those ropes are dropped at official opening, and the only land that remains closed is Toontown. Toontown opens one hour after park opening, and remains open until around 8 PM, when it closes for the evening, usually due to the Fireworks, but never reopens.

Some attractions don't open right away.

For example, Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island currently opens 1 hour after park opening, and closes at 5PM.

The canoes, if offered usually open at 11 AM and runs until about 4 PM. In the off-season it is only open on weekends.

The Big Thunder Ranch petting zoo also has restricted hours, currently 10 AM to 5 PM.

Mark Twain and the Sailing Ship Columbia also start about 1 hour after park opening until around 5:30 PM, sometimes stays open later if there isn't Fantasmic! that night. Also, the Columbia usually doesn't start untill 11 AM, and then only on busy days, some days it never operates.

Princess Fantasy Faire is another restricted attraction, currently open 10 AM to 6 PM.

The Storybook Land Canal Boats close down about 1 hour prior to a parade, and remains closed until about 20 minutes after the parade is over.

The Main Street Vehicles are also on a restricted schedule, they close up about 90 minutes prior to the first parade, and shut down at times for things like the Disneyland Band performing, starting at the Castle, then marching up Main Street, this has the vehicles closed from around 10:45 AM to 11:30 AM. Also, the vehicles can be pulled from service during days of large crowds for safety reasons.

HISTA (Honey, I Shrunk the Audience) doesn't open until 1 hour after park opening.

Innoventions is also on a restricted schedule, I believe it is currently open from 10 AM until 8 PM.

Disney Donna
08-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks you two for generously sharing your knowledge! Now I can plan my days better and will know where to run to and when.

The Evil Queen
08-17-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm going in October and ALWAYS take advantage of EE. What days of the week is it again? I'll be there Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. It's on Thursday, right?

Darkbeer
08-17-2007, 12:47 PM
EE (soon to be renamed Magic Mornings, to match up with the WDW term) is offered on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

PanFan
08-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Just to clarify one thing and add another. Princess Fantasy Faire opens at 9:00, so it's current hours are 9:00-6:00. Casey Jr., Storybook, and IASW are the only Fantasyland attractions not open for EE. During the holiday season, IASWH will be offered as part of EE (or at least it was last year, so I'm assuming they will do it again).

JamesDL
08-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Space Mountain is open as well during EE.