PDA

View Full Version : DCA ride Question

WifeyMommy
08-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Our last visit was our dd's first time riding The Golden Zephyr (our 4 year old's fave) She was 2 months at the time and the CM told me I had to place her next to me on the seat. Needless to say I did not feel too good about propping up my tiny bobble head next to me so to my other childrens dismay we ended up exiting the ride. On the way out I asked the cms what was the reasoning behind it and I got the standard answer "it is policy". I have gone on this ride before with the tiny ones on my lap. Has anyone else experienced this on the Zephyr or any other rides like it? Next time we go she will be 4.5 months.

JamesDL
08-17-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm honestly kind of surprised they would even let a 2 YEAR old on the ride at all, let alone on someone's lap.

Malcon10t
08-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Our last visit was our dd's first time riding The Golden Zephyr (our 4 year old's fave) She was 2 months at the time and the CM told me I had to place her next to me on the seat. Needless to say I did not feel too good about propping up my tiny bobble head next to me so to my other childrens dismay we ended up exiting the ride. On the way out I asked the cms what was the reasoning behind it and I got the standard answer "it is policy". I have gone on this ride before with the tiny ones on my lap. Has anyone else experienced this on the Zephyr or any other rides like it? Next time we go she will be 4.5 months.They do the same thing on Roger Rabbit. Yes, sitting a 2 mos old on the seat would not be safe. Sometimes I wonder about the policies.

Malcon10t
08-17-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm honestly kind of surprised they would even let a 2 YEAR old on the ride at all, let alone on someone's lap.Why would it surprise you if they let a 2 year old ride??

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-17-2007, 07:48 AM
We took my son on the Golden Zephyr when he was 4 months, he rode in his little Baby Bjorn. Could not take him on Roger Rabbit.

Bytebear
08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
I have seen where they do baby lap sitting on the Pooh ride, but the mom turned the baby around so the sleeping baby's head was resting on her shoulder. It seemed reasonable to me, but she got scolded fairly harshly for not sitting the baby correctly on her lap. (I guess the baby needed to be behind the safety bar, I don't know).

Wendi
08-17-2007, 11:34 AM
I had to put my son on the seat next to me when he was 8-months old. I thought it was bizarre at the time, but it was kind of cute too... I don't think I'd even attempt that with a 2-month-old though, once they are able to sit up on their own I'd consider it, but not until then.