PDA

View Full Version : Is Mickey's Halloween Treat worth it?

Mickeygirlforever
08-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey!
We're making a trip October 5th through the 9th and I thought it might be fun. My mom wanted me to ask if it's worth the $30 (I need to buy my tickets early to get my AP discount) and what exactly you can do that night. Would it be fun for kids and adults? Any and all opinions are appreciated! Thanks!

kohl
08-16-2007, 06:27 PM
My kids and I were just talking about how much fun we have had the past 2 years and how excited we are for this year. My kids are 9 and 11 now.
They have Trick Or Treating for everyone, not just the kids. Last year we went 2 nights and came home with 25 pounds of candy! Most of the rides are open and there isn't a long wait since they only sell so many tickets. They have had the Boardwalk games open and you don't pay to play. You win candy! They do have a station for younger kids that can color and make things, but we didn't visit that too much since my kids wanted to go on the rides. They have Halloween music all throughout the parks and have several live bands play. The characters are around for pictures and they are also dressed up in costume. They close the park early and they do more Halloween decorations throughout the park.
I can't think of anything else right now. I just know for us, we think it is worth it. We have had a great time each year.

jefhar
08-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Absolutely! We went last year for the first time. The kids were Peter Pan, Wendy, and Tinkerbell. My wife and I were pirates. We even got our picture taken with Captain Hook. It's great to be able to wear a costume and trick or treat with your kids at a Disney park. We're headed back on the 19th this year and can't wait to do it. The weather's great and the crowd's manageable.

cstephens
08-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey!
We're making a trip October 5th through the 9th and I thought it might be fun. My mom wanted me to ask if it's worth the $30 (I need to buy my tickets early to get my AP discount) and what exactly you can do that night. Would it be fun for kids and adults? Any and all opinions are appreciated! Thanks!

There's been a lot of discussion about Mickey's Halloween Treat. If you do a search for the topic (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/search.php?searchid=630291), you'll see a list of lots of threads which have lots of useful information.

yenko427
08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
We are thinking about going next year. Is MHT only in CA or in DL as well?

Also, what are the parks like on these nights crowd wise? Are the rides like 15-20 min. waits, etc.? I am curious to know how many tickets they sell to the events.

adriennek
08-16-2007, 07:37 PM
We are thinking about going next year. Is MHT only in CA or in DL as well?

DCA only.

Also, what are the parks like on these nights crowd wise? Are the rides like 15-20 min. waits, etc.? I am curious to know how many tickets they sell to the events.

The lines for the rides that are open are short. Most people are trick or treating.

Adrienne

adriennek
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey!

My opinion is in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=74816) (thanks for the link, cstephens!) on post #9.

Adrienne

Mickeygirlforever
08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Wow! Thanks guys! We ran into DL last Halloween (literally, we were there for an hour and a half) and we really didn't want to leave because the decorations were a lot of fun. This sounds really exciting to me. I'm going to try and talk my mom into buying tickets then. It sounds like a really unique experience. Just one other question, you said the lines are short....do they keep all the attractions open? Thanks!

motoxprincess31
08-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I have a kinda dumb question, I am planing on going with my husbund and my daughter one night, and I know we will dress my daughter in a costume, but I am not sure if I can convince my husbund to wear a costume. Do the adults get to trick or treat to? Do you have to have a costume on? I might be able to convince him if thats the only way he is getting candy.

GinnyM
08-17-2007, 06:22 AM
What's going on at Disneyland while Mickey's Halloween is going on at DCA?
Will Disneyland be open later? Do a lot of adults wear costumes as well as the children? Is it worth the extra cost?
Thanks

cstephens
08-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Do the adults get to trick or treat to? Do you have to have a costume on? I might be able to convince him if thats the only way he is getting candy.

Yes, adults get to trick or treat as well, and costumes are not required for adults or children.

disneyfn
08-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Remember to get pictures with the characters in their Halloween costumes.

annieb727
08-17-2007, 03:12 PM
We had a blast last year. Just make sure to do the rides first, save the candy stations for later. They are really generous with the candy later in the night...and the lines are longer for rides as people finish filling up their candy bags. I recall most rides being open - GRR was NOT open when we went...other than that, I can't think of any that were not.

Mickeygirlforever
08-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks for all the help! I'm trying to talk my mom into it. I think it'll be something we'll try and just see how it goes. It sounds fun though :). Thanks!

I heart Disney
08-19-2007, 12:13 PM
We went last year and all of us dressed up (adult included). We had a blast. We are going again this year and hope it is still as fun. We rode Screamin, Soaring, and TOT. The lines were very short. The crafts and Trick or Treating were fun. About the only line we waited in was to get a picture with Mickey and Minnie in Halloween costumes.
I still haven't figured out what I will dress up as this year. We got ticket earlier in Aug. using our Disney Visa and only paid $24.

olegc
08-19-2007, 02:05 PM
What's going on at Disneyland while Mickey's Halloween is going on at DCA?
Will Disneyland be open later? Do a lot of adults wear costumes as well as the children? Is it worth the extra cost?
Thanks

disneyland has decorations and Woody's Halloween Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch (behind BTMRR). And merchandise and probably themed snacks around the park. However, no parades and no shows tied to halloween.

NOTE - Costumes for adults are ONLY allowed at DCA for MHT during the time of the event. If you plan to hop over to Disneyland and you are wearing a costume you will be required to remove it before they let you in.

GinnyM
08-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Thank you, Olegc!

We arrive on the 18 of Oct and I didn't know if we should do Mickey's Halloween or not. I think it depends on how late Disneyland stays open that night. Does anyone know the schedule for OCT?

Mickeygirlforever
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Ok, I just about have her talked into it....but I started thinking about other questions. Do they have any special merchandise (shirts or pins, etc) out exclusively for the party?

kohl
08-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes, they had T-Shirts, sweatshirts, keychains and other things I can't remember.