PDA

View Full Version : Where is the corn dog cart in Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

nvmom
08-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Every trip I look, and every trip I only end up getting a corn dog in DCA. Is the cart in DL so obvious that I'm missing it? It's red? (per another thread.) Thanks.

nvmom

Vegitabeta
08-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I think it's opposite Coke Corner, like on the other side of Main Street.

rokketride
08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
walk down main street toward the statue of Walt. when you get to where the road splits to go around the ring. look straight to your right.

msgmg68
08-16-2007, 02:17 PM
The last time I was there it was right next to the Plaza Pavilion (where they have the Minnie and Friends breakfast). If you are looking at the Plaza, it is to the right.

G

Andrew
08-16-2007, 02:29 PM
The last time I was there it was right next to the Plaza Pavilion (where they have the Minnie and Friends breakfast). If you are looking at the Plaza, it is to the right.
That's the Plaza Inn (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AAE405), not the Plaza Pavilion.

Gone2Disneyland
08-16-2007, 02:30 PM
It's on Main Street, USA, east side (Tomorrowland side) of the street, a solitary Red Wagon. It's in a ways off the street, tucked in between the Plaza Inn and the Kodak Camera Shop, so it is a little difficult to see right away. If you look for the Main Street, USA First Aid Station on the park guide, it's not far from there at all. Enjoy! I just had one myself last Saturday. :)

cstephens
08-16-2007, 02:30 PM
It's in the little walkway between Plaza Inn (Plaza Pavilion is the closed one with the cookie baking and pins) and Photo Corner, a little bit in front in the alcove where first aid and lost children are.

DizneyMommy
08-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Smack in front of the Baby Care Center - looks like you are a mom, you've GOT to know where that is! :-)

nvmom
08-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Yes.. the baby care center... I do know that! lol Sadly, I am pretty much out of babies. :)

Ok, well now I know the general area. I guess I've never looked in that area. I'll be looking now... Thanks!

nvmom

rokketride
08-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Ok, got it.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x220/rokketride/map.jpg

Gone2Disneyland
08-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok, got it.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x220/rokketride/map.jpg

LOL! Yep, rokketride, that pretty much marks the spot! :p

nvmom
08-16-2007, 08:02 PM
LOL! Only here would someone google the location of the corn dog cart! Gotta luv mouseplanet.

Thanks... there's no doubt now. :)

nvmom

PanFan
08-16-2007, 08:11 PM
I still get disgruntled every time I pass the stupid thing because of the PhotoAdventure last fall! I drew that picture perfectly, but we could not figure out what it was (having never noticed the corn dog cart before) and took a picture of the double decker bus instead. Thanks for opening that old wound ;)

missmonkey
08-18-2007, 01:26 PM
That was a fiendish puzzle, PanFan. The pain for our team came because we never miss getting a corn dog from that cart when we visit. It had never occurred to us to get a look at the back of the cart. Why would we? Corn dogs don't come out of that side! :D

Wendi
08-18-2007, 03:03 PM
After you get your corndog, take a seat on one of the benches back in that area and it's very likely that you will get a lot of one-on-one time with the characters who come and go through the backstage gate back there.

frank828
08-18-2007, 03:06 PM
does anyone know the recipe for the batter and what kinda sausages they use?

i havent been to DLR in a while(my annual expired and i havent renewed) so i havent had a chance to head to city hall to ask about it.

jazzysmom
08-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Yes, I would greatly appreciate the recipe too if anyone has it!

cstephens
08-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm told the corn dogs from the cart are really good. I'd heard that for a long time. I finally tried one. Mine was nasty, burnt and tasted awful. People keep trying to talk me into giving them another try.

Gone2Disneyland
08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
^ I totally understand. I love the cart corn dogs, but my first Disneyland turkey leg was dry and unappealing. Later a friend got one and I sampled a bite and it was delicious. But I have yet to buy another turkey leg for myself. Can't get that first experience out of my mind. :(

Andrew
08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm told the corn dogs from the cart are really good. I'd heard that for a long time. I finally tried one. Mine was nasty, burnt and tasted awful. People keep trying to talk me into giving them another try.
Before I stopped eating beef, Disneyland corn dogs were a perennial favorite of mine. They do tend to come out a little too greasy sometimes, so I would wrap it in a napkin for a minute or two to soak up the excess. But I've never had a burnt corn dog from there. I'd give it one more try if I were you. :D

And if Disneyland ever switches to turkey- or chicken-dogs, or even offers that as an option, I'm so there.

petesimac
08-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey Andrew, have you tried Morningstar's corn tofu dogs? They're so good that I swear you'll think you were eating the real thing -- even better than a chicken corn dog (I "graduated" from fowl and fish only eater to a full scale vegi a few years ago -- not vegan though). Give them a try.

Andrew
08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey Andrew, have you tried Morningstar's corn tofu dogs?
I haven't, but thanks for the tip!

pcrazy99
08-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I tried the turkey legs in frontier land this year for the first time. I thought they tasted more like ham than turkey.

adriennek
08-21-2007, 07:07 AM
I tried the turkey legs in frontier land this year for the first time. I thought they tasted more like ham than turkey.

That's probably because they're smoked.

Adrienne

Pat-n-Eil
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM

+1 on that. It definitely tastes like ham.. even the color of ham.