PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Donna
08-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Any rumors about Nemo being included in the Fast Pass system?

Also - is Nemo appropriate for a 3-year old's first time to DLR?

Thanks for any info!

Malcon10t
08-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Any rumors about Nemo being included in the Fast Pass system?

Thanks for any info!No fastpass, and yes to the 3yo.

Dogs like it too... (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/Malcon10t/LaceySub.jpg)

Klutch
08-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey, that's cool, Malcon10t! Pardon the derail, but can I assume your pooch is a special assistance dog and Disney lets him ride with you?

Malcon10t
08-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey, that's cool, Malcon10t! Pardon the derail, but can I assume your pooch is a special assistance dog and Disney lets him ride with you?Yes, we raise service dogs. Basically the dogs go with us everywhere. Disneyland is an excellent training ground. Its gotten to the point that I don't think people would recognize MickeyDogMom without a leash to a dog on her arm.

sierranevada
08-16-2007, 07:45 PM
No fastpass, and yes to the 3yo.

Dogs like it too... (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/Malcon10t/LaceySub.jpg)

Absolutely too cute for words!!!

cynthia312
08-17-2007, 12:07 AM
No fastpass, and yes to the 3yo.

Awww that is such a cute and precious pic of your dog!!!! :) I can only imagine what is going on in that dog's mind. I just love it when dogs are curious like that :)

3duckgirl3
08-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Jumping back on the topic ;), when I was in the park, I heard a CM telling people that they'd run projections and, because the ride takes so long, adding FastPass would mean that people in standby waited for 14 hours. So no FastPass, at least not any time soon!

JamesDL
08-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Jumping back on the topic ;), when I was in the park, I heard a CM telling people that they'd run projections and, because the ride takes so long, adding FastPass would mean that people in standby waited for 14 hours. So no FastPass, at least not any time soon!

Haha that would pretty much be 1 ride for the entire day! lol

Disney Daddy of 4
08-19-2007, 01:53 PM
I hope they put in a fast pass!

Malcon10t
08-19-2007, 02:04 PM
I hope they put in a fast pass!On a day that they are open 8-midnight, the ride can only accommodate about 16,000 riders. My understanding is the rides that have fastpasses use a ratio of 1:4, so that means on a given day, only 4000 fastpasses would be available. Imagine the issues if everyone held onto them til the end of the night?

Nemo is too low capacity to use Fastpasses. And it would make Standby so much worse.

annieb727
08-19-2007, 07:35 PM
On a day that they are open 8-midnight, the ride can only accommodate about 16,000 riders. My understanding is the rides that have fastpasses use a ratio of 1:4, so that means on a given day, only 4000 fastpasses would be available. Imagine the issues if everyone held onto them til the end of the night?

Nemo is too low capacity to use Fastpasses. And it would make Standby so much worse.

That makes a lot of sense.

Tinkermommy
08-19-2007, 08:48 PM

It's appropriate for a three-year-old, IF the child isn't afraid of loud noise or momentary darkness. When we rode Nemo, there was a little boy who was terrified and who screamed throughout the entire ride...

annieb727
08-19-2007, 11:01 PM
One question...is Bruce in it? My 3 yo is TERRIFIED of that shark. DS5 was telling him we get to go on the Nemo ride, and that there's gonna be a big shark. Caleb (my 3 yo) looked at me, and said, "I don't wanna go on the shark ride, I don't wanna be in the shark's mouth - it's scary" as his eyes welled up with tears. I told him there's no shark...hopefully I was right.

Malcon10t
08-20-2007, 07:10 AM
One question...is Bruce in it? My 3 yo is TERRIFIED of that shark. DS5 was telling him we get to go on the Nemo ride, and that there's gonna be a big shark. Caleb (my 3 yo) looked at me, and said, "I don't wanna go on the shark ride, I don't wanna be in the shark's mouth - it's scary" as his eyes welled up with tears. I told him there's no shark...hopefully I was right.
I haven't watched the movie, so not sure of all of the characters names. SPOILER (I can't figure out the spoiler thingie!!!!)

There is a shark in the Nemo ride. You don't go in his mouth (I didnt think) but you do go in the whales mouth (maybe I am wrong and didn't get that it was a sharks mouth.) There is also lightening type effects. You may want to skip it with Caleb, or take him to the alternative viewing room so he knows he is in a room he can leave from if it gets too scary.

annieb727
08-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks...that's good to know!

momto3princesses
08-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Just got home last night. To answer the questions:

As other posters have mentioned, no fast pass for Nemo.

I think it is fine for all ages. Really pretty tame for the most part. My just turned four year old didn't flinch at all.

Yes, the shark is there, but you don't get eaten or anything. He looks just like in the movie (mad) but it is pretty quick - you could just cover his eyes or drop something right as you see it coming to distract him?

The whale mouth is on Storybook Canal Boats and isn't scary to my kids - you are going really slowly and it isn't dark. My girls actually love that ride.

Nemo is a cute ride but not worth waiting more than an hour for - and even then, I'd have an adult wait in line while the other adult took the 3 year old to do other stuff until you got to the front. It is easy to get into the line at a fair number of spots along the way. We found having two cell phones to be great for this (one taking the young one off to do teacups while the other waited with the big kids in lines).

In the scary vein, I'm trying to remember.... one ride (must have been Nemo) had grenades/mines going off in one part - but it really didn't phase anyone on our sub.

Malcon10t
08-20-2007, 07:58 AM
The whale mouth is on Storybook Canal Boats and isn't scary to my kids - you are going really slowly and it isn't dark. Spoiler again!!

I just verified with MickeyDogMom, and you do get sucked into the whales mouth at the end of Nemo, then get spit out. Just a warning for Caleb.

dsnyredhead
08-20-2007, 08:20 AM
One question...is Bruce in it? My 3 yo is TERRIFIED of that shark.

Funny. My 3 yo loves that shark! We haven't been able to go on the attraction yet due to the wait times. Our only concern is that ds doesn't like confinement and has recently gotten very skiddish on rides..even the outdoor ones. So I don't know how he would do on that ride.

yohomama212
08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
IIRC, Bruce is seen, but is very non-confrontational. It's like the scene from the movie when they're at the meeting. Getting "swallowed" by the whale is less than anti-climatic... you cruise right into it and if they didn't say anything, you probably wouldn't notice.

My kids (4 and 2) liked it enough, but we won't be riding it again until the lines are waaaay down.

Elizabeth

jsilkey
08-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Speaking of the lines for this ride....have they gone down?

Anyone with experience about these kinds of things have a prediction for wait times Sept/Oct/Nov?

I thought there was a thread with tips on what time of day to try to ride it, but can't find it...is there a "good" time of day? Also, when park hours are shortened, do you think it will change the time of day?

Thank you to any who have tips :)

DizneyMommy
08-22-2007, 06:16 AM
The whale and the shark are both very very tame. My 2 year old LOVED the ride, did not get scared once though I was waiting for it to happen. As little as toddlers are, it is hard for them to really see everything going on in the little porthole, so it is not like the characters are in his face, they are actually pretty small and far-ish away. And I actually did not even notice the whale until it was almost over, guess I was in lala land. Nothing in the ride is very abrupt or in your face, and if he gets scared he can always just sit back in his seat and then he won't be able to see anything (My 2 year old had to sit up on her knees on my lap and lean into the porthole to see anything, THAT was a comfortable trip).

Malcon10t
08-22-2007, 07:43 AM
The whale and the shark are both very very tame. My 2 year old LOVED the ride, did not get scared once though I was waiting for it to happen. As little as toddlers are, it is hard for them to really see everything going on in the little porthole, so it is not like the characters are in his face, they are actually pretty small and far-ish away. And I actually did not even notice the whale until it was almost over, guess I was in lala land. Nothing in the ride is very abrupt or in your face, and if he gets scared he can always just sit back in his seat and then he won't be able to see anything (My 2 year old had to sit up on her knees on my lap and lean into the porthole to see anything, THAT was a comfortable trip).Most of the toddlers I saw ride it, loved it. But there were a couple who were terrified. I would just be concerned that if this particular 3 yo already is scared and terrified of the ride before even getting in line,
Caleb (my 3 yo) looked at me, and said, "I don't wanna go on the shark ride, I don't wanna be in the shark's mouth - it's scary" as his eyes welled up with tears.I wouldn't push the ride on him. Like I said, there is the MOO (the room where you sit and watch the movie) available and at least with that if he was terrified, you could walk out. Being trapped in the sub with a terrified 3yo is not going to be pretty for ANYONE involved, including child, parent, or other guests. 3yo is also a very different age than a 2yo.

danyoung
08-22-2007, 08:09 AM
I'd have an adult wait in line while the other adult took the 3 year old to do other stuff until you got to the front. It is easy to get into the line at a fair number of spots along the way.

I don't want to open up a can of worms on this, but the above is usually considered rude. It's one thing if a child has to get out of line to pee and an adult goes along. It's quite another for one person to hold space in line for others for the entire length of the line. Hey, we have to stand in line, so your family should as well.

neverlander
08-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Watching videos of the attractions has helped ease my daughter's apprehension about some rides (while confirming it for other rides!). This doesn't seem to spoil the experiences for her, as she is much more relaxed knowing what to expect.
Maybe you'd get a better idea about how fearful he will really be if you watch him view Nemo on YouTube or VisionsFantastic. You'll also get an idea of when the "scary" parts occur to prepare for comforting or distracting him.

gtpinoy
08-22-2007, 09:18 AM
If you don't know what to expect, there is this certain part that is a little "scary"

I can't recall at what point it occurs, but it is pitch black and you hear Dory talking about seeing lights, and then there is a bunch of flashes and you see those angler fish (I believe that's what they are called) that look pretty scary. I can imagine a young child peering though the glass into darkness and then one of those fish all of a sudden appear in front of him/her.