PDA

View Full Version : New Pin Trading Guidelines Announced at Disneyland

AVP
07-10-2002, 07:38 PM
Received from Disneyland Merchandise Special Events:

July 10, 2002

Dear Disney Pin Collectors,

We would like to begin by thanking you for your continued support of the Pin Trading initiative at the Disneyland Resort. We understand that many of you expressed your concern regarding the number of pins that can be purchased. Comments from our Guests are always appreciated, and will continue to be a valuable tool for our operation. Certainly it is never our intention to cause our Guests disappointment, please be assured that we will continue to evaluate our processes for future initiatives & guidelines based upon feedback such as yours.

With this in mind the following guidelines and limits will be going into effect, beginning August 2, 2002. These latest additions will go into effect as part of the worldwide launch of Disney Pin Trading & to be consistent with many of our other Disney Theme Parks & Resorts. Below you will find information regarding the “Tricks of the Trade,” Kids Pin Trading Sessions and the latest additions to our Resort Pin Trading Guidelines

Disneyland Resort Pin Trading

“NEW” PIN PURCHASING LIMITS
· All limited-edition pins released at the Disneyland Resort will be limited to TWO (2) pins per Guest, per style, per day.

· All open-edition pins released at the Disneyland Resort will be limited to TWENTY-FIVE (25) pins per Guest, per style, per day.

PIN TRADING ETIQUETTE*
· HAVE FUN! Pin Trading can be a great way to interact with and meet Cast Members and other Guests.

· PINS should be in good, undamaged condition.

· TRADE one pin at a time, hand to hand.

· GUESTS may trade a maximum of two pins with each Cast Member

· PLEASE refrain from touching another person’s pins or lanyard.

· IF you need a closer look, ask the person wearing the lanyard if they can bring it into clearer view for you.

· CERTAIN pin sets should be traded as sets. If a single pin from a set does not complete the intended picture or statement alone, all pins in the set must be traded as one pin.

· ONLY Operating Participant pins that show a Disney or Walt Disney World affiliation will be accepted for trading.

· “NAME PINS” may not be traded with Cast Members. This includes Disney name pins.

· WHEN trading with Cast Members, guests should offer a pin that is not already displayed on the Cast Member’s lanyard.

· GUESTS may trade only one pin of the same style with a Cast Member.

· THE general rule on what constitutes a tradable pin is that it is a metal Disney pin, and some certain Operating Participant pins, that represent a specific Disney Event, Place or Location, Character or Icon.

· MONIES or gifts may not be exchanged or used in trade for a pin.

*Rules are subject to change without notice. Guests suspected of operating an unauthorized pin business in a Disneyland Resort theme park or Guests violating any Disneyland Resort rules shall be subject to, among other things, ejected from such theme park and/or the resort premises.

And introducing the Disneyland Resort’s…

“Tricks of the Trade”
Look for a lanyard, wear a grin
Ask about trading a pin for a pin

If you both agree, then make your trade
That's how our pin trading game is played!

Trade more than one for twice the fun!
Share stories and pins till your day is done!

&

Kids Only Pin Trading Sessions
Premiere Shop, Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park
Pin Trading Sessions will be hosted daily by a Super Trader,
beginning August 4, 2002 at 11:00 a.m. & 3:30 p.m.
(Children ages 3-9)
· Play Games!
· Win Prizes!
· Trade from the "Kids Only Trading Board!"
· Trade with Super Trader!
· Trade with other kids!

As always our goal at the Disneyland Resort, is to always provide an exceptional level of quality entertainment, while we realize that it is impossible to please everyone at all times with the decisions that are made, it is always our objective to provide quality merchandise and great Guest experiences. We wish to thank you, once again, for your continued support and look forward to seeing you at the Disneyland Resort.

Sincerely,
Mike Griggs, Vice President
Merchandise/Store Operations
Disneyland Resort

Matterhorn Fan
07-10-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by AVP
· All limited-edition pins released at the Disneyland Resort will be limited to TWO (2) pins per Guest, per style, per day.

· All open-edition pins released at the Disneyland Resort will be limited to TWENTY-FIVE (25) pins per Guest, per style, per day.Any word on how they plan to enforce that? Will a CM follow you around all day after you've made your purchase to ensure that you don't buy any more than you're supposed to? :rolleyes:

MammaSilva
07-10-2002, 08:19 PM
um yeah right like that will be enforced...buy 2 at showcase, walk out and back in and buy 2 more, or take your whole family in and each buy 2, if a person is going to cheat, they will find a way

MonorailMan
07-10-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by AVP
[I]· ONLY Operating Participant pins that show a Disney or Walt Disney World affiliation will be accepted for trading.

So I guess this rules our TDS, or Euro Disneyland pins.

Too bad. :(

AVP
07-10-2002, 09:44 PM
No, I think this only rules out Operating Participant pins which *don't* show a Disney affiliation or character.

· THE general rule on what constitutes a tradable pin is that it is a metal Disney pin, and some certain Operating Participant pins, that represent a specific Disney Event, Place or Location, Character or Icon.

Too many people try to trade the House of Blues pins and Rainforest pins. Disney pins are still ok.

AVP

cstephens
07-10-2002, 10:17 PM
All limited-edition pins released at the Disneyland Resort will be limited to TWO (2) pins per Guest, per style, per day.

WOO HOO!!!!!!! Finally! I've been advocating this for some time now. Not that they're doing this because of me, I'm sure many others have felt this way, but I think it's a great thing. Now, maybe more limited edition pins can be sold to the people who really want them to keep, not just to sell.

And yes, the "per day" will be hard to enforce, but at least this way, those who want to buy more than two pins have to at least work harder buy getting in multiple lines.

All open-edition pins released at the Disneyland Resort will be limited to TWENTY-FIVE (25) pins per Guest, per style, per day.

BOOOOO!!!! That rule seems so useless, and it actually then makes worse the rule implemented about no more than 5 pins of one style. If there are a rack full that have been sitting there for a while, sure, let people buy many, but 25? Who on earth needs 25 of one pin, unless they're having some kind of party or just hording them or something? This means that if a pin is open edition but on its first day of release, someone could still buy 25 of them, and everyone else has to wait until they get more stock in? That's ridiculous. They should have kept the 5-pin limit for open stock.

Major points for new rule #1. Serious demerits for new rule #2.

disguy
07-10-2002, 10:23 PM
I'm not a pin trader but I'm curious to find out how much people spend on all these pins.

Not Afraid
07-10-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by disguy
I'm not a pin trader but I'm curious to find out how much people spend on all these pins.

I suppose that would depend on how many a person bought. Pin prices begin at $6.50.