PDA

View Full Version : Disney Character Warehouse coming to Auburn WA!

Pages : [1] 2

annieb727
08-16-2007, 06:30 AM
YAY! I just looked on AMS website - shows a Disney Character Warehouse coming to Auburn Washington - All it shows is the dates as of now - Sept 8th thru Nov 4th! Just thought I'd share the good news with all of you who, like me, have been eagerly awaiting its return!! I'm so glad it's going to be closer than Burlington this time - I can actually go more than once!!!

oregontraveler
08-16-2007, 06:50 AM
:cool: !!! I'm assuming it will be in the SuperMall again.

DangerMouse
08-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Yet another reason for us to move to the Pacific Northwest! :cool:

SANDYMARIE
08-16-2007, 07:48 AM
YAHOOO!! I've been having withdrawals! Thank goodness it's closer this time. I can stop on my way down to the Puyallup Fair and an IKEA trip.
Yippie! Thanks for the info.

TTFN :):):):)

UsBurchs
08-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Yippee! :D Thanks for the info!!!

amarvel
08-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I am SOOOO excited to hear this!!!! I cant wait! this will be the first time that i can check out one of these stores each week and see what else has appeared! and it will be my 5th store!

yenko427
08-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Looks like it is time for a road trip. I did mapquest and it is about and hour and forty five minutes from Longview.

splash
08-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Hey Yenko,

So, it's north right? Is it near Tacoma? I know I should look at a map. I've always been curious about that mall.

oregontraveler
08-17-2007, 08:12 AM
The Auburn SuperMall is about 10 minutes east of Federal Way on Hwy. 16.
So yeah, it's just north of Tacoma. I did double-check their site for location.

Franz
08-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Can anyone give me any details? It happens that I will be within 20 miles of Auburn on September 8th. I've never been to a "character warehouse". What exactly is it? Any theme park surplus? Is it worth the side trip. What hours would they be open? Any detals would be appreciated.

annieb727
08-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Hey Yenko,

So, it's north right? Is it near Tacoma? I know I should look at a map. I've always been curious about that mall.

Yeah, it's about 30 minutes or so north of Tacoma (I am just south of Tacoma at McChord AFB)

kandyk
08-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Too cool, I was just at the Supermall last night. Can't wait!!!

annieb727
08-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Can anyone give me any details? It happens that I will be within 20 miles of Auburn on September 8th. I've never been to a "character warehouse". What exactly is it? Any theme park surplus? Is it worth the side trip. What hours would they be open? Any detals would be appreciated.

It's basically merchandise from Disneyland, though I've seen some stuff from Disney World. When I went last year, I got Elijah (my now five year old) a Pirates of the Caribbean shirt (from the RIDE) that said Disneyland on it, and it had the fab five riding it. We got Mickey Ears (tie dye). All kinds of stuff. Oh..my favorite - a 50th Anniversary Disneyland Mickey Watch - they still have resort tags on them - the watch in the parks sold for $65, I got it for $35!!! I got the boys red Disneyland zip hooded sweatshirts with mickey on them - I think I paid about $15 each, in the parks they would have been close to $40. I love that it says Disneyland on it! I can buy the stuff, and then save it for the trip (gotta hide it well), and then they get it while we're there!

mommamouse
08-17-2007, 08:52 AM
The Auburn SuperMall is about 10 minutes east of Federal Way on Hwy. 16.
So yeah, it's just north of Tacoma. I did double-check their site for location.
It's actually off of Hwy. 18. The exit to Hwy. 18 is just north of Wild Waves.

Can't wait for this to open! Thanks for the heads up.

yenko427
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Hey Splash!
We went to the warehouse when it was in Portland earlier this year. I picked up our son several t-shirts, a couple of autograph books (way cheap!!), a sweatshirt for me, lots of fun stuff. Prices were great.
We also went to the one in Vegas in March. They had some great books of Disneyland and pins as well.

hlbtimes2
08-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I've been hoping they would return to the supermal. Burlington is just too far to drive. (I'm in Federal Way).

mommamouse
08-18-2007, 08:36 AM
They posted the hours and address...

10-9 Mon. - Sat.
11-6 Sun.

Supermall in Auburn, WA
1101 Supermall Way
Auburn, WA 98001

amarvel
08-18-2007, 09:42 AM
does anyone know yet if there will be a special event the first day for those on the mailing list??

seanutbutter
08-18-2007, 09:50 AM
^ I'm wondering the same, amarvel.

Great news as this is only one hour away from my house!

Nonamia
08-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Yay!! Road trip time! :D

Chadsgal
08-19-2007, 08:35 AM
I have a wedding I am corrdinating on Sept 8th, the day it opens. :crying: I wonder what time I have to be there I may have time to run down there in the morning but I always take a while when I'm there. Think, Think, Think.

HobbitFeet
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh, this is TERRIFIC news! Just a hop, skip, and a jump from Tacoma. And we've been wanting to try a restaurant in Kent anyway (we have a gift certificate), so we'll be able to do both on the same day. :)

We leave for DL on the 11th, and I've been wanting to get some souvenirs ahead of time...this is great!

We went to the warehouse when it was in Portland earlier this year.

Excellent, no sales tax! Lucky, I had no idea it was in Portland, and only just found out the Burlington one had closed.

Last year we ran into one in Lincoln City OR while camping, but I wasn't in the Disney frame of mind that day! Silly me.

annieb727
08-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh, this is TERRIFIC news! Just a hop, skip, and a jump from Tacoma. And we've been wanting to try a restaurant in Kent anyway (we have a gift certificate), so we'll be able to do both on the same day. :)

We leave for DL on the 11th, and I've been wanting to get some souvenirs ahead of time...this is great!

Hey...we're in Tacoma too, well actually on McChord! We start our DL vacation on the 17th (driving down to see family in the bay area on the 14th).

HobbitFeet
08-19-2007, 08:43 PM
OK, you're kind of freaking me out. :)

We're stopping in the Bay Area for a week, b/c it's my HS reunion. And then our first day will be on the 17th...

I wonder how I messed up my countdown to where we're a day off from each other! :confused:

annieb727
08-19-2007, 10:55 PM
OK, you're kind of freaking me out. :)

We're stopping in the Bay Area for a week, b/c it's my HS reunion. And then our first day will be on the 17th...

I wonder how I messed up my countdown to where we're a day off from each other! :confused:

That is TOO funny! Maybe we should meet up to say HI! It's gonna be me, dh, ds3 and ds5. Or I suppose we could say hi on opening day at the Character Warehouse! LOL.

ETA: I think mine's a day off because we'll have a partial day on the 17th and I counted starting on the 18th...we plan to leave the bay area EARLY in the AM on the 17th - like 4-5am to miss commuter traffic and such, so hopefully we'll be there by noon, giving us MOST of the day.