PDA

View Full Version : We're really going! Couples trip! A couple more questions

nvmom
08-15-2007, 09:36 PM
We're really going!! We'll be at DLR this coming Sun-Tues to celebrate our
15th wedding anniv!! :) It's official as of 10:25 PST. We'll take our usual Aloha flight out of Reno and stay at our usual motel, The Camelot Inn- only this time in a standard king (no family suite this time, he-he.) A couples trip!

Questions:

*I booked us with Super Shuttle for the sake of the budget, prepaid online including gratuity. Any Super Shuttle tips? Our flight arrives at 8:15 a.m.-so that usually isn't a super busy time at SNA-especially on a Sun morning.

*I'm thinking we'll be at our motel by 10:00 a.m., hopefully earlier and store our luggage. Would you all agree that heading to DCA first will be better (=less busy) than DL by 10 a.m. on Sun morning?? Go to DCA first... do what we can and then check into the motel late afternoon and maybe go into DL around 8 p.m. that night??

*Can you get buttons in DCA?? We want Anniversary buttons. I'm sure I saw a couple wearing them on our other trips.

*We're not doing any character meals or nicer restaurants... but do we need PS this time of year for any sit down place, like Carnation Cafe (baked potato soup?) or the Plaza?

*I already did a thread earlier this week about this being our first summer trip. We've only went during the off season Feb/Mar. Any other summer tips?

*I reallly want to ride Nemo... dh is not certain he can deal with the line. We'll see... :)

Thanks as always.

nvmom

annieb727
08-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you guys get to do the couple's trip! You'll have a blast!

I would do PS Ressies - it means less waiting - especially like Carnation Cafe...that Line can take FOREVER. I love just walking up to the front, letting them know you're there, and getting seated ahead of everyone else! But in some cases, it can mean the difference between eating there or searching for somewhere else to eat...especially in the height of the summer!

I can't wait to hear all about it!!

biolabetty
08-15-2007, 11:09 PM
I love the potato soup at Carnation! Now you have me wanting to go there to get some.;)

MermaidHair
08-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Yay nvmom!!! I will keep an eye out for you and your anniversary buttons. I will be walking around with a 40th b-day button most likely on Monday. My actual b-day is on Thursday but we will be home by then. I did make PS for brunch at the Carnation Cafe for Monday at 10:30 am. I figure since I will have been awake since about 5:45 to get to EE and ride Nemo that morning I will need sustanance about then. You may want to put in for your PSs even if you don't think you need them. It can't hurt.

Happy Anniversary!

ghoofie
08-16-2007, 07:08 AM
I would go to DL first, that's the least crowded it's gonna be. Then go to
DCA in the afternoon, less crowded then DL. Then back to DL in the evening.