PDA

View Full Version : What would suggest? (room suggestions needed)

Rhiannon8404
08-15-2007, 05:37 PM
There will be 7 of us going to Disneyland, Thanksgiving week. There will be four adults and 3 kids. We'd like to all stay in one room if possible, but would settle for garunteed adjoining rooms. Our combined budget for hotels is in the area of $1800. We're looking to be there 4 nights.

Does anyone have any suggestions for us?

Thanks, in advance!

Malcon10t
08-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Cheap side, Desert Inn and Suites, get the C2 Suite. Its nice and large.

Or the two bedroom unit at Residence Inn and Suites.

MauiMickey
08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I'd go for the two bedroom suite at The Residence Inn. Breakfast is included, you'd have two bathrooms and plenty of room for the seven of you. We love the RI!

Malcon10t
08-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I'd go for the two bedroom suite at The Residence Inn. Breakfast is included, you'd have two bathrooms and plenty of room for the seven of you. We love the RI!I agree, but it would really depend on the kids and ages. The Desert Inn would be a little roomier, but family privacy also, especially if the sexes are mixed of the kids.

MauiMickey
08-15-2007, 09:51 PM
I agree, but it would really depend on the kids and ages. The Desert Inn would be a little roomier, but family privacy also, especially if the sexes are mixed of the kids.

OK, but with the RI, you'd have one king bed (for two adults) in one bedroom, two doubles...or is it queens (for two adults and two kids) in the other bedroom and the pull-out for the seventh person. We've done it with six people (four adults and two kids) in a two bedroom suite, and it really would have been fine with one or even two more people.

I have no experience at the Desert Inn, but that's interesting to note that the suites are roomier. How are their suites different and how do the breakfasts compare?

Malcon10t
08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
OK, but with the RI, you'd have one king bed (for two adults) in one bedroom, two doubles...or is it queens (for two adults and two kids) in the other bedroom and the pull-out for the seventh person. We've done it with six people (four adults and two kids) in a two bedroom suite, and it really would have been fine with one or even two more people.

I have no experience at the Desert Inn, but that's interesting to note that the suites are roomier. How are their suites different and how do the breakfasts compare?OK, in the Clementine 2 bedroom, it was a king in one room, a queen in the other, and a sofa bed. I had figured the other 2 bedroom suites were in the same configuration. We have had the 2 queens in a bedroom and a king in another in other RIs, but we only ever got the single queen at RI Clementine.

The Penthouse suite has a king upstairs, a twin over full bunk, and a sofa as one configuration, and a King up, and queen down with a sofa sleeper as another. But if they have a set up with 2 queens and a king, I am calling in the am to change my reservation!!!!

The Desert Inn is similar to 2 400sf hotel rooms adjoining (so you can close doors for family privacy as needed.) As for breakfasts, the one at DI sucks big time compared to RI. In other words, we skip the one at DI, but use the one at RI extensively.

MauiMickey
08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
OK, in the Clementine 2 bedroom, it was a king in one room, a queen in the other, and a sofa bed. I had figured the other 2 bedroom suites were in the same configuration. We have had the 2 queens in a bedroom and a king in another in other RIs, but we only ever got the single queen at RI Clementine.

The Penthouse suite has a king upstairs, a twin over full bunk, and a sofa as one configuration, and a King up, and queen down with a sofa sleeper as another. But if they have a set up with 2 queens and a king, I am calling in the am to change my reservation!!!!

The Desert Inn is similar to 2 400sf hotel rooms adjoining (so you can close doors for family privacy as needed.) As for breakfasts, the one at DI sucks big time compared to RI. In other words, we skip the one at DI, but use the one at RI extensively.

Ah, that's the difference! I am referring to the RI on Harbour (the new one) and you are referring to Clementine (older RI). The two bedrooms in the new RI on Harbour can easily fit that many people and both bedrooms have doors that close for privacy. Thanks for the clarification, Malcon10t! :)

Leofoenget
08-16-2007, 03:44 PM
There will be 7 of us going to Disneyland, Thanksgiving week. There will be four adults and 3 kids. We'd like to all stay in one room if possible, but would settle for garunteed adjoining rooms. Our combined budget for hotels is in the area of $1800. We're looking to be there 4 nights.

Does anyone have any suggestions for us?

Thanks, in advance!

Desert Inn C2 Family Suite. Book it quick! It's across the street and comes with 4Q beds and a pull out sofa, 2 bathrooms. It probably wont cost less than $1800

Malcon10t
08-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Desert Inn C2 Family Suite. Book it quick! It's across the street and comes with 4Q beds and a pull out sofa, 2 bathrooms. It probably wont cost less than $1800For 4 nights, it should be well under $1000. Generally, during busy times, $229 night, plus tax.

Rhiannon8404
08-17-2007, 01:38 AM
You guys are great! Thanks for all the suggestions. Does anyone know anything about the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites? We were looking at the Deluxe One Bedroom Family Suite. We aren't terribly concerned about privacy as we are really close with the family we are going with. I have been friends with the husband since childhood.

Malcon10t
08-17-2007, 06:23 AM
You guys are great! Thanks for all the suggestions. Does anyone know anything about the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites? We were looking at the Deluxe One Bedroom Family Suite. Yes, its good. It has 2 queens in one room, and a queen and sofa in the other. There is one bathroom (With 7 people, that can be a hassle.)

nvmom
08-17-2007, 06:48 AM
We've stayed in the deluxe family suite at the Camelot Inn twice. We had 2 queens in one room, and a king & sofa sleeper in the other room. A TV in each room. The sink/counter are seperate from the shower/toilet so that helps as far as having one bathroom. I also like that you get an actual dining type table w/4 chairs too. In the room w/the king & sofa there's a small counter in the corner w/a small kitchen style sink, a small refridge, micro and cupboard space.

We've been very happy with the Camelot. The rooms have always been clean. The pool is small but clean and a nice place to view the fireworks if you want. The continental breakfast is very basic but well attended and re-plenished.

We're headed back there for the 3rd time... only this time it's just my dh & I so we have a standard king. It is a short walk.

Good luck w/your choices.

nvmom

tinker3
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
We have stayed at both Harbor & Clementine R.I. and they are wonderful. Keep in mind that with 7 people a free breakfast could be a big perk, saving a lot of time & $. Have fun! :)