PDA

View Full Version : CM's funny stories !!

jason
07-10-2002, 02:59 PM
out of the ashes of another thread rises this .

please share funny stories you may have , you know , a guest who fell out of the canoe , another CM ...whatever . just keep them funny and respectful.

PhilMP
07-11-2002, 01:13 AM
Sorry, all my funny stories regard stupid Guests, obnoxious APs or Grad Niters...so I don't think they're exactly respectful.

Now if you meet me at the Inn Between, I'll be glad to tell them all.

Phil

HBTiggerFan
07-11-2002, 09:24 AM
well I want to hear them, but I cant get to the Inn Between

TecTalker2K
07-11-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by PhilMP
Sorry, all my funny stories regard stupid Guests, obnoxious APs or Grad Niters...so I don't think they're exactly respectful.

Now if you meet me at the Inn Between, I'll be glad to tell them all.

Phil

Who cares if they are disrespectful... some of the greatest stories are about stupid things people do. We qre after all... human.

stan4d_steph
07-11-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TecTalker2K
Who cares if they are disrespectful... some of the greatest stories are about stupid things people do. We qre after all... human.

I care. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to tell a story about someone being rude, clueless or obnoxious without resorting to name-calling. It's not difficult to convey the idea without saying it outright. I also think it is important to present stories as isolated incidents without generalizations.

That said, please share your stories CMs. I enjoy getting a glimpse at what things are like behind the scenes, nevering having had the opportunity to work there myself.

StuDeedooo
07-11-2002, 01:33 PM
I actually have a funny one. First off, I've never had a bad experience with a cast member, but have had a laugh with a few.

While we were down there last time, Minie was on Main Street with her CM and it was time to leave. There was still a crowd, but hey she had to go clean house in Toon Town and so off they went.

That is until this big guy and his kid jump in front of them and he starts in on her, "We came all the way from Brazil! And now you're leaving?"

The CM explains the situation politely and its no use. The guys hinge pins have already fallen out, lol. She says why dont you guys come on over and say hello in a little while, Minie will have more time then.

Meanwhile, Im thinking 1)If you had have been there earlier, then you might have gotten to take your picture and 2) If you come all the way from Brazil, then the walk from Main Street to Toon Town is really a non-issue.....

ok, one more.... My son freaked out after waiting 40 minutes for the Haunted Mansion and when we hit the beltway, he latched on to the iron rail with a death grip. Meanwhile the belt is moving and hes going diagonal and Im trying to pry him off, lmao. Somehow he got all the way to the end of the bletway without letting go and a CM standing there says "Man he's a tough one!" I was half laughing about the scene\battle he was causing and half ****ed because he just cost me 40 minutes in line. Out the door we went as the rest of the clan went on the ride. Mr Big on the Autopia cars was chicken little when it came to the good stuff....Thank god for Fast Pass!

innerSpaceman
07-11-2002, 01:54 PM
Ok, I've got one. I'm not a CM, but this is a funny story about CMs.

Down underneath the Hungry Bear Restaurant, Goofy and Pluto were cavorting with guests. After a while, the dog and the (dog-like man?) figured that my friends and I were pretty cool and started playing with us in a, shall we say, more adventurous way that was prolly not within strict character protocols. Anyway, Goofy got to cavorting a little too wildly near the water's edge when, without warning, he did a backflip over the railing and -plop!- into the Rivers of America he goes.

A canoe was going by right then and the guests aboard sure got a kick out of it. Guests at the Hungry Bear thought it was part of Goofy's schtick and sure got a kick out of it. My friends and I knew darn well it was not part of Goofy's schtick and we sure got a kick out of it. Goofy's pal Pluto seemed to get a kick out of it, but sopping wet Goofy most certainly did not get a kick out it. He did, however, get kicked out of it - the following week Pluto told us that poor Goof had been fired.

Cadaverous Pallor
07-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by StuDeedooo
ok, one more.... My son freaked out after waiting 40 minutes for the Haunted Mansion and when we hit the beltway, he latched on to the iron rail with a death grip. Meanwhile the belt is moving and hes going diagonal and Im trying to pry him off, lmao. Somehow he got all the way to the end of the bletway without letting go and a CM standing there says "Man he's a tough one!" I was half laughing about the scene\battle he was causing and half ****ed because he just cost me 40 minutes in line. Out the door we went as the rest of the clan went on the ride. Mr Big on the Autopia cars was chicken little when it came to the good stuff....Thank god for Fast Pass!
Now THAT'S funny! Ah, the hazards of a moving sidewalk combined with a scary scenario. I could see a frightened kid not wanting to enter the doombuggies.

I was finishing up my ride on Autopia. I was driving up the "loading lane" and this kid steps down into the street, right in front of my tire! :rolleyes: It was only for a moment, but a rather dangerous (and may I say, unitelligent) moment. He must've been between 8 and 10. His mom saw this and immediately said "What do you think you're doing?" in a voice that says "you're smarter than that!" I was just really glad I didn't hit him.

More a "close call" than a funny moment, but I had to tell the story somewhere. :D

jason
07-11-2002, 02:27 PM
Goofy got to cavorting a little too wildly near the water's edge when, without warning, he did a backflip over the railing and -plop!- into the Rivers of America he goes.

now thats funny !!!

TecTalker2K
07-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph

I care. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to tell a story about someone being rude, clueless or obnoxious without resorting to name-calling. It's not difficult to convey the idea without saying it outright. I also think it is important to present stories as isolated incidents without generalizations.

I am sorry, but in my old job, the funniest stories come from people doing stupid things. My god, I admit to doing stupid things and if they want to call me an idiot... welp... I asked for it. My skin is a little thicker than yors I guess.

awinner
07-11-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
the following week Pluto told us that poor Goof had been fired.

and how did pluto tell you this? inquiring minds wanna know

innerSpaceman
07-12-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by awinner
and how did pluto tell you this? inquiring minds wanna know
Well, this here Pluto was also not one for strict character protocols and he, gulp, actually spoke to us! He and (ex-)Goof were actually buds in real life and, to tell you the truth, they were a bit on the immaturish and prankish side to be characters (although if they had to be any particular characters, those were good ones for their temperaments).

At that point in time, my pals and I were hanging at the Park a lot and got very close with many of the characters. But none of them ever spoke aloud to us except for this pair. Goof and Pluto were speaking to us through their costumes on the date of the little water accident. Like I said, they were playing with us in ways that were not within strict character protocols.

I never did find out what happened to Pluto, but something tells me his days at Disneyland were numbered as well.