PDA

View Full Version : Warning of UEA in October

Mickeygirlforever
08-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey! Just wanting to warn everyone out there that Utah's Escape to Anaheim (a quality teaching break in Utah) is October 10th through the 14th. The parks usually get really busy around then and I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. We ALWAYS avoid it.
I also wanted to throw in a question. Does the park get busier toward the end of October for Halloween? Should we go the first week?? Thanks!

Andrew
08-15-2007, 11:31 AM
We have UEA listed under "Park Events" in our weekly Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070813xx#Events):
2007 UEA convention. October 29 to 30 (in Utah). Many Utah public schools close so teachers can attend the Utah Education Association convention, which creates a four-day weekend for the students. Expect the resort to be busy that weekend—some claim 'UEA' stands for 'Utah Escapes to Anaheim.' One reader has told us that his Utah school district is closed for a "Fall Break" October 11 – 15th, so crowds may be more dispersed throughout the month than in past years.

jrad32
08-15-2007, 02:58 PM
So which is it? Are they out both weekends, or is the latter dates not valid.

AVP
08-15-2007, 06:04 PM
So which is it? Are they out both weekends, or is the latter dates not valid.Most Utah school districts that have a "fall break" take it to coincide with UEA. That is October 29 to 30, which means that weekend is going to be very busy at the Disneyland Resort.

However, a very small number of Utah school districts observe their fall break earlier, as the reader let us know. I still expect UEA weekend to have a major impact on the resort.

AVP

Malcon10t
08-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Most Utah school districts that have a "fall break" take it to coincide with UEA. That is October 29 to 30, which means that weekend is going to be very busy at the Disneyland Resort.

However, a very small number of Utah school districts observe their fall break earlier, as the reader let us know. I still expect UEA weekend to have a major impact on the resort.

AVPWe aren't from Utah, but will be there that weekend for the Halloween Treat. (Oct 27-30, Treat on the 29th.)

hapafour
08-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I live in Utah and the majority of the school districts here will observe the UEA "break" on October 29-30. I know of a couple of Utah County school districts that have their Fall break on October 11-15 and won't have time off for the UEA Convention. There are 40 Utah school districts but the two that have the earlier Fall break are rather large.

Monday the 29th and Tuesday the 30th will be busy but plan on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to be busy too. A lot of my friends purchase annual passes because of our year round schedule here in Utah. Personally, I stay away from Disneyland during that time. We take advantage of the slower season breaks.

Mickeygirlforever
08-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Wow! We live right here in Utah too and I didn't know anything about the 29th and 30th. Our school's "fall break" (which counts as our UEA) is the 11-15. That's kinda confusing. Well, I guess you guys have an even bigger heads up now. :) The couple days before those are sometime busy too (because we've tried to beat the crowds before by leaving a little earlier). Thanks guys!

tinker3
08-15-2007, 08:18 PM
I live in Utah and the majority of the school districts here will observe the UEA "break" on October 29-30. I know of a couple of Utah County school districts that have their Fall break on October 11-15 and won't have time off for the UEA Convention. There are 40 Utah school districts but the two that have the earlier Fall break are rather large.

Monday the 29th and Tuesday the 30th will be busy but plan on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to be busy too. A lot of my friends purchase annual passes because of our year round schedule here in Utah. Personally, I stay away from Disneyland during that time. We take advantage of the slower season breaks.

I Just want to make sure we are talking about the Fri. Sat. and Sun. before the 29th and not after. Is that right?

hapafour
08-16-2007, 12:06 PM
That would be October 26 through the 30. A lot of families will make the drive to So Cal on Thursday the 25th so that they can be in Disneyland Friday through Tuesday then make the drive back up to Utah on the following Wednesday. However, with Wednesday being Halloween they may leave Tuesday. Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but I do know lots of families that take off a couple of extra days. I would assume the Halloween event will also be crowded. I hope this makes sense.