PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney's Railroad Story

LeslieluvMcky
07-10-2002, 12:55 PM
Did anyone buy this book? I bought it for my son some time ago and while looking it up to buy a new one on Amazon I found out that it is out of print...Does anyone know if it is still available at Disneyland or am I S.O.L? THanks!!!

smd4
07-10-2002, 01:18 PM
Check out this site:

Carolwood Pacific Historical Society (http://www.carolwood.com/)

hmbldr
07-10-2002, 04:42 PM
smd4, Thanks for the link to a great site. Wow, lots of great stuff there.

Leslie-l-mk, good luck on your hunt for the book. I got mine directly from Pentex when they first came out. They are linked in the Carolwood site.

Happy hunting.

Sheila
07-10-2002, 05:06 PM
This book was offered for sale at the Gallery in Disneyland (and may still be -- I haven't checked recently though).

I'd give them a call directly to see if they still have it there. You could try the Disneyana store at DL too.

Sheila

LeslieluvMcky
07-10-2002, 06:03 PM
Thanks everyone...I called delivears and they haven't had the book for a year. The website said that they are working on a 3rd edition...hopefully it will be out soon!! As long as I know that there is hope, I'm HAPPY!!!!!

smd4
07-10-2002, 07:24 PM
I believe the book is out of print, but double check with CPHS. The site is run by Michael Broggie, and I believe (though I'm not certain) that he has additional copies left. If not, I'd try the Amazon.com used book section. If you want collectibility, go for the first edition; if you want a little more info, get the updated second ed.