PDA

View Full Version : Is April usually crowded?

tigger08
08-14-2007, 01:46 PM
We are going in april of 08 and I was wondering how the crowds are we've been told that we are going right after everyone is returning to school from spring break and am hoping that is right because my husband really doesn't do crowds and I don't need him grumpy for the trip.

padilla6710
08-14-2007, 04:05 PM
The first few weeks of April are bad because spring break is still going on for middle school and high school kids, college has spring break in the last week of May. The best time to go is the end of April when spring break is completly over, the crowds are very light at this time.

amarvel
08-14-2007, 06:06 PM
actually i think it has to do wtih easter as well. i have been there at the beginning of april and there were no people because easter wasn't linked to that week, but in 06 i went in april and easter was the following sunday and it was worse then going last week in august! way more crowds and the lines were way longer, didnt get to ride a thing. but i have been there in april when it was great. and well we are going the first week in april of 08 as well and easter is in march this year so i am kinda hoping it wont be "as" bad :)

but if you have the choice, choose the end of the month :)

adriennek
08-14-2007, 06:28 PM
college has spring break in the last week of May.

Which college is that? :confused:

Most colleges I know of have their Spring Breaks in March or early April.

Adrienne

padilla6710
08-14-2007, 07:02 PM
woops I ment to say march haha I go to CSUF and it is always in the end of March

Darkbeer
08-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Easter is March 23rd in 2008, which will move a lot of folks from April to late March, as many SoCal students still get the week before or after Easter off. So April shouldn't be too bad in 2008, maybe the first week will be busier than a normal off-season week, but a lot better than March.

tigger08
08-15-2007, 06:03 AM
sounds like the 14th-20th is a good time to go then??